Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

My wife, kids and I were on the Living With the Land ride and we got to the section where you are going through the working greenhouse. We were at the part where they are growing fruits and vegetables in suspended in the air and I had just noticed the pumpkins that were hanging from their vines when my wife exclaims "Look at those tomatoes! They're huge!." So I'm looking for these huge tomatoes. Finally she points them out to me and she's pointing at the pumpkins. There was even a sign right in front of them that said "Pumpkins." I took my camera out as fast as I could to get a picture of her tomatoes. The people in the boat behind us had a good laugh at her expense as well.

We were also at Tappan Edo celebrating her birthday (on the day of her birthday) and she asks me what the date is. Our tablemates had fun with that one.

:crazy2:This one happened on our honeymoon. While in the MK, my new wife's button litteraly flew off of her pants. The zipper also would not stay up. She was having to hold her pants up with both hands. We really did not want to spend hours going back to the room and changing, and she really could not continue to ride any of the rides. So what to do...we ran to the first aid station behind the crystal palace. I ran up to the nurse at the front window and announced to her in a loud voice that we had an emergency. This obivously got everyone's attention. When she asked, along with several other emt's running over, what was the problem, I explained about the button. She calmly opened a drawer and gave us a large safety pin, she did not look amused, but said that she had seen this before. We still have the pin.

Our other situation was our own fault. After consuming quite a few of the all you can drink adult beverages at the luau, we got on the moneral after the show and began to ride around the lagoon. I'm not sure how long we were on the monorail, but after (maybe) several hours, the monorail stopped at the MK station, the announcer's speil was just cut off and the lights were turned off. We firgure that at that late hour they assumed no one was on board. We staggered out of the train unnoticed and walked down the ramps to the empty gates of the MK. We were there all by ourselves... no one not even CM's around to ask what to do or where to go. I think is was now after 2 am. It was kinda weird to be at this place where there is usually thousands of people. Now all quiet. After standing there for about 15 minutes wondering how in the world we were going to get back to our room on the other side of DW a bus pulled up with no destination sign. The driver was about as surprised to see us as we were to see him. When he realized that we were stranded and in our condition, he literally drove us back to our room...not to the bus stop but to our room, pulled up to the door and made sure we got into the room. We felt sooo bad because he told us that he had already finished his runs and was suposed to be going home, not dealing with 2 drunk homeymooners at 2am.

THE story that we always talk about from our trip last year happened on Dumbo at MK. There are 4 adults in our group. 2 guys, 2 girls, all in our 30's. Me, being the crafty one, had made each of us a rainbow colored tie-dyed Mickey shirt to wear for our day at MK. The guys (my husband and his buddy) are kinda reluctant at the idea of wearing something so colorful, but decide to go with the flow and wear the shirts. We get to Dumbo and we split up as guys and girls. Us girls take the pink Dumbo, of course. The guys grab the purple on in front of us. I can see the two of them in their rainbow colored shirts taking a picture of themselves with the camera with their arms around each other. Us girls look over just in time to see people on the outside of ride giving that "Awwww....aren't they cute?" look to the guys. :lovestruc

Yup, they were officially a couple. I don't think they rode anything else by themselves the rest of the day.

Thank you for telling us because I thought I lost my mind! I knew I posted in a new thread last night. :confused: This morning it was in a much longer thread. I feel better now.

I was thinking the same thing! :rotfl2: Now I can just subscribe to this one though. :rotfl:

While I am here, I may as well tell another funny story, well it was ALMOST a major embarrassment. When I go on thrill rides, I lean forward and put my arms straight up and lift my feet for maximum air time, being the adrenaline junkie I am. On ToT, the ride began to drop with me in my airtime position, and I just about lost my shirt. Luckily it just went up a bit, as I realized pretty quick I was about to have a major issue, and forfeited my airtime pose in order to save my top. I adjusted myself and opted to lean back against the seat for the remainder of the ride and the other 3 times I rode it that day.
The moral of the story being, don't wear loose fitting tank tops on ToT!

WOW...I can't believe I just read through this entire thread...:rotfl:...hilarious!

I have one Disney moment and one non-Disney...the non-Disney goes along with all these other stories of ladies mistaking random people for their husbands. Back in the time of the dinosaurs, I was 16 (ok really only eleven years ago but the college freshmen I supervise think I'm SOOO OOOLD) and my now-DH and I were in a long-distance relationship living 2.5 hrs apart from each other. My family didn't have a computer at home yet, so we burned up phone cards like crazy calling each other every night. One night, I called his house and after he picked up and said "Hello," I said, "Hi, sexy!"

To which the voice on the other end of the phone says, "Uh...I think you probably want to talk to David." OMG, IT WAS HIS DAD! I was mortified.

To be fair, they have really similar voices and I'd only met his parents like once before then. I'm still not sure if I'd be able to tell their voices apart on the phone today...thank goodness for caller ID! :laughing:

Now the Disney story happened on the trip we just got back from last week. It was our 2nd-ever trip to WDW, so a lot of attractions were still brand-new to us. One of these was Carousel of Progress.

We were at the 1920's part of the show, where the dad has lights and plugs jury-rigged all over the room. When it got to the line, "Oh, no, I've blown the whole neighborhood again!"...don't ask me why, but it struck me in the completely wrong/dirty way, and I started laughing. Loudly. I think I might have even snorted. Of course, I am the only one, so now people are looking at me more than the stage, so I am getting super-embarrassed...and yet I couldn't stop laughing! I felt like a total perv freakshow.

A pp talked about her shorts being around her ankles, well today while at work these two teenage girls were goofing around with eachother and low and behold one of them had both her shorts and panties around her ankles. She just pulled them up and went along like nothing happened!

We were at the 1920's part of the show, where the dad has lights and plugs jury-rigged all over the room. When it got to the line, "Oh, no, I've blown the whole neighborhood again!"...don't ask me why, but it struck me in the completely wrong/dirty way, and I started laughing. Loudly. I think I might have even snorted. Of course, I am the only one, so now people are looking at me more than the stage, so I am getting super-embarrassed...and yet I couldn't stop laughing! I felt like a total perv freakshow.

That's something I would do too! :lmao:

Now the Disney story happened on the trip we just got back from last week. It was our 2nd-ever trip to WDW, so a lot of attractions were still brand-new to us. One of these was Carousel of Progress.

Glad to know that I am not the only one. I managed to hold my laughter in, and now I just know to prepare myself to hold back the laughing. :rotfl2:

Okay, I've got one. So last November I was in Epcot in World Showcase walking around with my girlfriends, we stopped in the perfume boutique in the UK pavillion and were kidding around about the David Beckham cologne that smelled absolutely wonderful! So I spritz some on a piece of paper and we walked out of the store.. With it in my hand I was smelling away walking over the bridge towards the France pavillion and a huge crowd was behind me.. Well still holding onto the Beckham paper a bee decided he liked the smell more than I did, so I tried to dodge him..

With the crowd still behind as I'm dodging this bee, I lost my balance and fell in front of a bunch of people on my butt and elbows in a sort of gymnast move of a backbend, haha. I had a pair of aviators (knock-off throw aways, thank god) in my back pocket and scratched them up so terribly I couldnt even see out of them. So I immediately threw them away and realized I had scrapes on both of my elbows.. I put hand sanitizer on them, which burned like heck to clean them but in the end I turned out okay. Haha.

Okay so some of the posts in here are funnier than mine but the moral of the story is, leave the Beckham cologne alone and always take throw away sunglasses to WDW. Haha. :)

mine was exactly a year ago - independance day! we were in epcot and waiting in line for test track (we were still in the outside part luckily). Anyway, i needed the toilet so trotted off to find the nearest loo. once i had done i realised the zip on my shorts was stuck and i could not get them zipped up. took them off (so standing in my underwear!) trying to budge the zip with my teeth. suddenly someone pushed my door open (bear in mind i'm standing in my undies) and it literally bounced off my forehead. quickly put my shorts back on and left the cubicle. washed my hands and was heading out the toilet when i slipped ona uddle of water and fell. face was still scarlet when i got back in line for tt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter