• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More Dining Info from AllEars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm willing to try the deluxe plan, to see how it goes. I really do like the idea of three TS meals per day, even if it's alot of sitting/eating. I usually make a point of taking time for sitting throughout the day anyway.. it's tiring walking around all that time! LOL

But as far as pros go, the idea that we don't have to flip a coin to see which TS we're going to exclude because we have more ideas than we have TS credits is going to be great. Now we can go to Cinderella's Royal Table and not pay OOP. We can sample each of the restaurants we've wanted to try but haven't been able because we only had one per night.

I'm glad not to bother with the counter service meals. They weren't bad, but I'd much rather be at a TS.

On the con side, paying for the gratuity is going to suck. When we went last year, we ate at the Concourse Steakhouse and our bill was over $100 (just for two of us!) and paying that gratuity would certainly have been expensive.. although I must say, getting a hundred bucks worth of GREAT food was worth the money in tips! The staff were kind and courteous everywhere we went, and they certainly deserve it. That sort of makes it a little less awful to cough up that money.

So now, on the regular DDP, they're not including the appetizer, but they do include the tip? Or no?

I'm confused now.

FOr the last three years they have offered the free dining to kind of "lock" people into wanting to come to WDW.

It was always my impression that they offered the free dining to offset the downturn in attendance that occurred after the hurricane seasons of 2004 and 2005. There were many on these boards at the time stating that they did not wish to take the risk of traveling to Florida during peak hurricane season. Along comes the free dining offer, and pow! For many people that travel is now worth the risk.

Now the free dining plus the added advantage of the comparatively mild hurricane season of 2006 (2007 may be shaping up the same way, too soon to know yet) has attendance up during those months...and if it makes people want to come back to WDW, that's an added bonus for Disney. But if they're coming every year because they expect free dining, then they're going to be disappointed eventually...no doubt Disney will stop offering it when they don't need it to fill rooms anymore.

This has drifted far OT from the original post. Also, as the information is out and official, this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter