Moonlight Magic is BACK!

We have two rooms at the Poly booked for May. My DH and I (members) are in one room and the rest of our party are in the other room. All booked under our points and linked. Is that going to create an issue when trying to book May 24th? TIA

We have two rooms at the Poly booked for May. My DH and I (members) are in one room and the rest of our party are in the other room. All booked under our points and linked. Is that going to create an issue when trying to book May 24th? TIA

more then likely yes since they are still separate reservations

Why do you say that about a rented reservation? It shows up on MDE just like a cash. The Membership number that is input would not be the one that owns the rented points. A membership number is not linked to a general WDW reservation. An RCI reservation - that is a trade in not a trade out that would have been done on a members points - is not linked under a particular membership yet it qualified.

What you are stating would only be logical if the requirement were for a reservation under the membership you qualified for the event. That isn't the case. It seems that you just want to see it as different and not that it actually is.

I do see what you are saying now in terms of MDE. But then more than one reservation booked on a membership would be allowed wouldn’t it?

If what you are saying is that when they check to see if someone has a trip booked to allow for the early registration, they do not use DVC membership but MDE of qualified DVC owners then you are right, it wouldn’t be the way I was thinking of it.

So, I looked thru the thread and don't think I see the answer to my question. Does anyone know if you have a reservation where the check "out" day is the Moonlight Magic night do you still get to book with early registration?

This will be our first MM opportunity so not sure how it works for those of us who don't have reservations - will we get an email with a link to apply or??

I just booked a cash stay for June 16th and I'm a blue card member. Only have 2 people on the room reservation. If we want to bring another couple as quests would we have to now change the hotel room reservation to include their names? Looks like it would change the per night cost to add 2 more people as well.

I just booked a cash stay for June 16th and I'm a blue card member. Only have 2 people on the room reservation. If we want to bring another couple as quests would we have to now change the hotel room reservation to include their names? Looks like it would change the per night cost to add 2 more people as well.
No. I’m staying cash over the 3/31 Epcot date. I’m solo in my room and I was able to register for 5 guests (myself plus 4).

No. I’m staying cash over the 3/31 Epcot date. I’m solo in my room and I was able to register for 5 guests (myself plus 4).
Thank you so much for confirming! That is great news. From this thread it sounded like people were trying to get 2 different reservations linked to be eligible so I wasn’t sure.

Hi , does anyone know if they offer Moonlight Magic Tshirts for sale at the events ?

I remember t Shirts at other events, but they were not great, cheap screen on a cheaper white T Shirt. I am not positive if these were at the free DVC Events or at one of the paid after hours parties I attended. But I think it was a DVC one, as I bought one at the Villians MK party and it was black and nice.

Thank you so much for confirming! That is great news. From this thread it sounded like people were trying to get 2 different reservations linked to be eligible so I wasn’t sure.
I think they want multiple reservations to increase the invite above the Member plus 4 Guests.

There was no written qualification that the reservation be made using the membership otherwise cash or RCI wouldn't have been listed as allowed. And as a few reported who had the reservation under a second reservation it was fixed but was too late as everything was booked.

To make the Moonlight reservation you enter your own membership number not someone elses so it wouldn't prohibit the owner of the rented reservation from making a reservation.

They could make it no reservation required and then it becomes a perk for DVC owners close to WDW.
Just so you know, the DVC MM page does specifically state:

Resort Reservations must be made by the person listed as the “owner” using that Membership or with cash through the Disney Reservation Center or a travel provider. Please Note Members that have a Resort Reservation booked under another Member's Membership are not eligible for early booking.”

I just want to add, for those with blue card, multiple memberships- some resale… it seems that DVC MS has been giving the same (mis)information for a long time about “qualifying reservations” for direct owners to be able to participate in early MM registration.

According to DVC’s own rules, if you have a Disney/DVC resort (inc Vero Beach) reservation using YOUR points OR cash, AND you own a blue card membership… you qualify for early registration. (*remember that all blue card members -with or without resorts ressies- are eligible to book MM once general event registration opens… this hoopla is just for those wanting to snag an opportunity at early registration*)

In my experience, if you booked your room using your resale membership- you should not expect an email (with a link) inviting you to register for MM… but you still can (bc you still own that blue card!). **Resist the urge to call MS- they will not help, and will likely only frustrate & confuse you!!** Once registration is ready to begin, go to the DVC’s MM page and click the link. It will clearly state that you must input your blue-card membership number… but!!! If you booked your reservation under a different membership number, it will not see a qualifying res on your account & you will be denied. Instead, input the membership number which you actually used for your res (which you also own- blue card or not!)… bc THAT is the membership number that will “trigger” the acknowledgment that you do indeed hold a reservation for those dates. At that point, you should be allowed to complete the registration. You will be reminded that you must qualify for membership extras to go to MM… & you do, so no worries! When you get to the party, you just present your registration confirmation & blue card (with ID) & you’re in 😉

I just want to add, for those with blue card, multiple memberships- some resale… it seems that DVC MS has been giving the same (mis)information for a long time about “qualifying reservations” for direct owners to be able to participate in early MM registration.

According to DVC’s own rules, if you have a Disney/DVC resort (inc Vero Beach) reservation using YOUR points OR cash, AND you own a blue card membership… you qualify for early registration. (*remember that all blue card members -with or without resorts ressies- are eligible to book MM once general event registration opens… this hoopla is just for those wanting to snag an opportunity at early registration*)

In my experience, if you booked your room using your resale membership- you should not expect an email (with a link) inviting you to register for MM… but you still can (bc you still own that blue card!). **Resist the urge to call MS- they will not help, and will likely only frustrate & confuse you!!** Once registration is ready to begin, go to the DVC’s MM page and click the link. It will clearly state that you must input your blue-card membership number… but!!! If you booked your reservation under a different membership number, it will not see a qualifying res on your account & you will be denied. Instead, input the membership number which you actually used for your res (which you also own- blue card or not!)… bc THAT is the membership number that will “trigger” the acknowledgment that you do indeed hold a reservation for those dates. At that point, you should be allowed to complete the registration. You will be reminded that you must qualify for membership extras to go to MM… & you do, so no worries! When you get to the party, you just present your registration confirmation & blue card (with ID) & you’re in 😉

Excellent info! Thanks for sharing! Do you have any insight if the reservation is booked with transfer points? I’m blue card and using a reservation booked with transfer point from a grandfathered account.

Excellent info! Thanks for sharing! Do you have any insight if the reservation is booked with transfer points? I’m blue card and using a reservation booked with transfer point from a grandfathered account.
You’re welcome!

I don’t have any personal experience with transferred points and MM early registration… and DVC doesn’t get that nitty gritty in their fine print, but they do say-

Resort Reservations must be made by the person listed as the “owner” using that Membership or with cash through the Disney Reservation Center or a travel provider. Please Note Members that have a Resort Reservation booked under another Member's Membership are not eligible for early booking.”
From this statement, and knowing that transferred points show as “temporary” contracts on one’s membership, I’d say that it should qualify (but I can’t guarantee anything!). Your reservation is still being made “by the person listed as the ‘owner’ using that membership” -which is the concrete qualification made by DVC. The points themselves shouldn’t matter, just that they are in one of your memberships and you do have a legit blue card. And again, I would not call and ask MS about it. I would just log on & try it when early registration opens for your MM event!

& with all things Disney IT…
Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst 😉

Does anybody know what time the open booking starts tomorrow, on the 8th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter