Mom & Son eat the World! 11 days of DDP with tons of pics! Now Complete!

I sure hope Kona keeps that pork chop until I can get there next month, I really want to try it now, your review and pic have me drooling!

I sure hope Kona keeps that pork chop until I can get there next month, I really want to try it now, your review and pic have me drooling!

I was hoping the same thing when I saw it on the menu the first time right after our trip last year! It was definitely worth the wait! Crossing my fingers that it will still be there when you go!:wizard:

Great update. The veggie sandwich at the Plaza looks good, and I love the look of that chocolate fondue. May need to try that next month!

I am loving all your pictures. You ate a lot of the same places we did in January 2008 but I am just too slow to get my trip report/dining review (all in one)...I'm still on day 5 of 13 with deluxe dining too...

really enjoying your reviews - and that veggie sandwich at plaza - OMG!

that looks and sounds excellent!!! (want that for lunch right now!)

Great update. The veggie sandwich at the Plaza looks good, and I love the look of that chocolate fondue. May need to try that next month!

Definitely try to fondue! It was very good and not too heavy after a big meal.

Great reviews! Can't wait for more.

Signing on a bit late....popcorn::

Welcome! :goodvibes

I am loving all your pictures. You ate a lot of the same places we did in January 2008 but I am just too slow to get my trip report/dining review (all in one)...I'm still on day 5 of 13 with deluxe dining too...

I want to try to get a day done each day so that I don't fall behind! I am determined to get this done! :thumbsup2

really enjoying your reviews - and that veggie sandwich at plaza - OMG!

that looks and sounds excellent!!! (want that for lunch right now!)

It was really very, very good! I would like one right now myself!

We are heading down in 35 days and we are going to several places on your list. I am looking forward to reading your reviews! Thanks for the prices, it is a nice refence; we are still weighing out the benefits of DDP vs. DDE, so this is helping out very nicely!

Yummmy so far!
I usually have a steak at Kona but that Pork Chop looks really good, not so sure about swiss chard:confused3 can you describe the taste? I might have to just sub broccoli since the chard kinda looks like cooked spinach :sick:

Keep up the good review!

Bev

We are heading down in 35 days and we are going to several places on your list. I am looking forward to reading your reviews! Thanks for the prices, it is a nice refence; we are still weighing out the benefits of DDP vs. DDE, so this is helping out very nicely!

You are welcome! :)

Yummmy so far!
I usually have a steak at Kona but that Pork Chop looks really good, not so sure about swiss chard:confused3 can you describe the taste? I might have to just sub broccoli since the chard kinda looks like cooked spinach :sick:

Keep up the good review!

Bev

I like all greens so I loved the swiss chard. I think it is milder than spinach but you are probably right in substituting if you don't like cooked spinach. It was garlicky. I loved it.

Day 3 was an all day MGM ... errrr, Hollywood Studios day! I had
planned for us to spend EMH the night before in MK so I didn't schedule
a breakfast. We ended up making rope drop (Rode Toy Story Mania twice
before 10am :cool1: ) and were starving for our lunch at

img_0772.jpg

Here is the menu that was posted outside, probably not real legible

img_0770.jpg

We both had an appetizer that I do not see on the Allears Menu. It
was a beef short rib served over some type of lentils with a chippolini
onion on top. It was small, only 3 or 4 bites but absolutely
delicious!

img_0775.jpg

DS had Barbecue Breast of Chicken with Romaine Hearts tossed in Green Goddess Dressing, and Grilled flatbread

img_0779.jpg

He really liked the chicken but didn't eat much of the salad. He's not really a green veggie kinda kid!:rolleyes:

I had one of my favorite things in all of the World ... the Famous Brown Derby Cobb Salad with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, egg, bacon, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado, chives and Cobb dressing

img_0777.jpg

and then mixed up ...

img_0780.jpg

So very good! My only complaint is that it is so cold when it first arrives. I like to wait a bit for it to warm up some.

On to dessert ... DS had Double Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with a dark chocolate dipped biscotti and loved every bite!

img_0781.jpg

I had the Grapefruit Cake - A Brown Derby Original! Light Layers of Yellow Cake with fresh Grapefruit Cream Cheese Icing

img_0783.jpg

Sorry the picture is so dark. The one with the flash didn't come out at all. I really like the cake & icing but not so much the reduction on the plate. That tasted off to me. But the cake was very moist and flavorful.

We really enjoyed our lunch at the Brown Derby. Everything was really good and our server was fantastic.

Total with two iced teas - $69.85

Dinner was at 50's Prime Time

img_0890.jpg

There was a major thunderstorm while there so we were very glad to be indoors!

Our appetizers - Chicken Noodle Soup - Hearty mixture of chicken, vegetables, and egg noodles and Beer Battered Onion Rings - served with Horseradish sauce

img_0891.jpg

Both were good. The soup needed a bit of salt and for me a lot of pepper.

We both had the Old Fashioned Pot Roast - Slow cooked 'til fork tender, served with mashed potatoes, carrots, celery and onions. We loved it! I especially liked the celery & carrots on top which surprises me because I am not usually a fan of cooked celery.

img_0893.jpg

On to desserts ... DS's was something just added to the menu, Dad's Old Fashioned Bread Pudding. He didn't care for it at all. It wasn't really what we typically think of when we get bread pudding

img_0895.jpg

He gladly shared my dessert ... the S'mores!

img_0894.jpg

Ooey, gooey goodness on a plate! I do think the portion size is a bit big for one so I am glad he ended up sharing.

Again, we really enjoyed our dinner. Nice down home comfort food on a very stormy night. It fit perfectly! Our waittress wasn't as in to the schtick as some others but was very pleasant. Drinks were refilled promptly and dishes were cleared so we really couldn't complain.

Total with an iced tea for me and a milkshake for DS - $67.55.

Smores are yummy. We like 50s PTC. I always get the fried chicken. That Pot Roast looks good. Might try that next trip if i can break my fried chicken habit.

I also LOVE their PB&J milkshakes.

I'm enjoying your review and photos and I just love that "Mom and Son Trip" t-shirt your son is wearing in some of the photos! :goodvibes

I'm looking forward to reading more.

Love the Smores at 50s PT. Gotta admit that BBQ chicken looks good too.

Great updates. The bread pudding looks similar to an English bread and butter or fruit sponge pudding.

love that you posted a "before" and "after" of the cobb salad!!

i love love love the BD cobb salad - and the grapefruit cake as well!

your photos and descriptions are really great!

DH also loves the 50s pot roast - always a winner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter