Mom & Son eat the World! 11 days of DDP with tons of pics! Now Complete!

GoofySon'sMom

DIS Veteran
This will be my first attempt at any kind of trip/dining report. I have read so many wonderful reviews that I wanted to try to give back if I can.

My DS and I like pretty much like the same things. Neither of us eat seafood but I will eat mild fish like tilapia & flounder. DS loves lamb which I hate so he orders it out. We like spicy things and are somewhat willing to try new tastes.

We will review the following, not necessarily in this order:

Earl of Sandwich/Ghiardellis
'Ohana dinner
'Ohana breakfast/Tony's Town Square lunch
Kona Cafe dinner
Kona Cafe breakfast/Various Snacks
The Wave dinner
California Grille dinner
Chef Mickey's breakfast (no pics)/Liberty Tree Tavern lunch/snacks
1900 Park Fare breakfast/The Plaza lunch
Tusker House Breakfast with Donald/Pizzafari
Yak&Yeti dinner/POP Food Court
50's Prime Time dinner
Hollywood Brown Derby lunch
Jiko dinner
San Angel Inn
Chefs de France lunch
Starring Rolls/Coral Reef lunch
Coral Reef Sign & Diver
Le Cellier dinner
Tutto Italia lunch/Biergarten (no pics) dinner
Sommerfest Snack/Spoodles dinner
"Best of" Summary

Wow! That's a lot! Hopefully I didn't forget anything. We did cancel reservations at Crystal Palace for breakfast and Sci Fi for lunch. I hope to get my pictures uploaded tonight so I can start the reviews tomorrow!

Oooooooh you went to a lot of the same restaurants we are going to!! I'm in! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Thank you all for reading! I was so afraid no one would! :goodvibes

I will try to put in the Allears menu description if I can.

Our first day was Saturday, August 23rd. We had a room only reservation that day as we rechecked in on the 24th for free dining. So all food was OOP this day.

First was lunch at Earl of Sandwich:

In front is The Original 1762 - fresh roasted beef, cheddar and creamy horseradish sauce. Back is Hawaiian BBQ - ham, grilled chicken, Hawaiian BBQ sauce, Swiss cheese and pineapple. DS requested no pineapple/

img_0528.jpg

These were wonderful! We just love E of S!

Total cost with a shared bottle of water - $14.91

Next up was a treat from Ghiardellis -

img_0534.jpg

I don't see this on the Allears site. It was a warm chocolate cookie sundae or something like that. Again, wonderful but really, how could it not be?!

Total cost with two bottles of water - $11.25

Dinner our first night was a 'Ohana thanks to MickeyNicki's review and wonderful pictures! DS took one look at the noodles and said that I had to make a reservation!

First up - the bread with dips

img_0572.jpg

Next, the salad (with DS in the background!)

img_0571.jpg

Now the dumplings

img_0574.jpg

And the noodles

img_0577.jpg

Broccoli and sticky wings -

img_0578.jpg

And of course the MEAT! Beef, turkey & pork! (We don't eat shrimp)

img_0568.jpg

img_0570.jpg

img_0580.jpg

Last but definitely not least ... the to die for bread pudding!

img_0581.jpg

This was definitely one of our favorite meals so THANK YOU MickeyNicki! :)

Total cost - $42.58. Yes, the server charged DS as a child. And yes, I am bad and didn't say anything. Heck, you see his picture, he is obviously older than 9. I just chalked it up to a bit of Disney magic! I ended up spending the money 'saved' on something else in Disney anyhow! :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter