Mom & Son eat the World! 11 days of DDP with tons of pics! Now Complete!

That is awesome that you loved Ohana Goofysonsmom and that my review helped you out!

Cannot wait for the rest of your reviews, the pics are great!

I don't know how to multi-quote so I will have to thank you all hear for the kind words! I will post day 2 tonight ... 1900 Park Fare breakfast, the Plaza for lunch and Kona Cafe for dinner!

I don't know how to multi-quote so I will have to thank you all hear for the kind words! I will post day 2 tonight ... 1900 Park Fare breakfast, the Plaza for lunch and Kona Cafe for dinner!

To multi quote click on the " tag next to quote on each post you want to quote and on the final post click the " and then the quote and it will give you a list of all the posts that you want to write to

I just found your food report/review and I am very excited to start reading it:goodvibes

I can imagine what a wonderful time you two had eating your way around WDW ;)

We had the DDP a few years ago and it was wonderful!!!

On to day 2 ... and the official start to free, upgraded deluxe dining! I will still quote the prices just for reference.

First up was breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the food here. We both enjoyed our breakfast but nothing is really standing out in my memory. Here is a pic of the Mad Hatter with DS:

img_0606-1.jpg

Cost would have been $40.45.

Next up was lunch at the Plaza -

img_0652.jpg

img_0653.jpg

First we shared the soup of the day ... Tomato Bisque

img_0654.jpg

DS had: Grilled Chicken Sandwich - grilled chicken breast topped with shaved ham and swiss cheese served on a flour-dusted Kaiser.

I had spent months pouring over menus and knew I was getting the steak sandwich here. Sat down, looked at the menu and ordered the:

Vegetarian Sandwich - fresh mozzarella, hummus, basil pesto, cucumber, roasted red pepper, vine-ripened tomato, and lettuce on a freshly baked foccaccia bread. I had the broccoli slaw instead of the sweet potato chips

img_0655.jpg

And I am so glad I did! It was refreshing, light and very tasty. DS loved his chicken sandwich as well. We had never been to the Plaza before and were very pleased with our food. Not so much the service. Our waitress just wasn't very friendly.

I didn't have dessert but DS had a Diet Coke Float (yeah, ok ... I know what's the point of diet soda with ice cream? He just prefers it)

img_0657.jpg

Total with 2 iced teas to drink - $36.47

Dinner was at Kona Cafe ... our favorite meal from last trip! First we stopped here ...

img_0564.jpg

to listen to ...

img_0567.jpg

Very entertaining while we waited. I had a mango marguerita and DS had a no-jito. Didn't even think to take pics of the drinks!

Cost OOP for the two drinks - $14.11

On to dinner - sorry there is glare on these ...

img_0687.jpg

img_0688.jpg

First was the wonderful bread with the macadamia nut butter

img_0689.jpg

For my appetizer ... Kona Salad - Mixed greens, Maytag blue cheese, fresh fruit, red onions, and smoked almonds with a citrus vinaigrette

img_0691.jpg

This was very good but a bit too much dressing for me. And the almonds & blue cheese was on the bottom under the lettuce so somewhat hard to get all on the fork.

DS had ... Sticky Wings - glazed chicken wings with a tangy mustard drizzle and toasted sesame seeds

img_0692.jpg

He loves, loves, LOVES these! #1 reason he wanted to come back to Kona.

For dinner, DS had Teriyaki-style New York Strip - sirloin strip grilled with pineapple teriyaki glaze served with mashed Yukon gold potatoes and stir-fried broccolini. For reasons unknown, this picture deleted from my camera. There was just a blank, dark spot where it had been. He substituted rice for the potatoes and loved every bite!

I had one of my favorite entrees of the trip ... Pomegranate Barbecued Pork Chop served on pan-roasted fingerling potatoes and applewood smoked bacon braised Swiss chard plus DS's broccolini. I absolutely loved this meal.

img_0693.jpg

(Sorry I had cut the pork chop before remembering the take the picture)

For dessert we shared the fondue and DS had a Cappuccino (Sorry it is dark, the one with the flash was even worse). You can see our tip envelope curtesy of the wonderful Disigners on these Boards. As a side note, all of the servers loved them and reacted with excitement except our waitress here. I really don't think she realized that there was money in it and that she thought we were just giving her the note! :rotfl:

img_0696.jpg

img_0695.jpg

This was one of the best meals of our trip. We loved everything.

Total cost again with two iced teas - $82.35

Enjoying your reviews! The food at Ohana made my stomach GROWL. And that dish at Kona looks very, very yummy!

Great reviews so far. That pork chop at Kona looks fabulous :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter