• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom and Dad and 2 Picky Kids do the DDP ~ With Lots of Pictures!

Thank you so much for your indepth reports! :goodvibes:
We are also at the point we have done all of our character meals of interest and only a few we would like to return to; so next time probably OOP unless free dining is offered! Really enjoyed it - let us know if you pick another topic!

Thank you so much for your indepth reports! :goodvibes:
We are also at the point we have done all of our character meals of interest and only a few we would like to return to; so next time probably OOP unless free dining is offered! Really enjoyed it - let us know if you pick another topic!

You're welcome! :goodvibes Hope you enjoyed!

All caught up (again). So sad it's over. :sad1: You really did such a great job with these reviews. You've given me a lot of ideas of things I want to try on future trips that hadn't been on my radar screen. And a lot of enjoyment reading through your report. So, thank you!!! :)

All caught up (again). So sad it's over. :sad1: You really did such a great job with these reviews. You've given me a lot of ideas of things I want to try on future trips that hadn't been on my radar screen. And a lot of enjoyment reading through your report. So, thank you!!! :)

Thanks for joining me on our dining journey!! I am sad it is over too. It was fun sharing the memories. I haven't decided if I am going to do a TR or not. It would be fun, but I'm not sure it would be very interesting to all that many people!! :rotfl:

Hope I was able to help you with your future WDW dining! :goodvibes

After that we still had 2 CS credits left and some snack credits left as well. I asked the CM at the grab n go station what I could do with the CS credits we had left because we were leaving in an hour. She said that I could get 4 snacks for each CS credit! :faint: So needless to say we came home with quite a few snacks. We got things like bags of peanuts, pretzels, gummies, rice crispy Mickey heads, Minnie's bakeshop cookies, chocolate coins, etc. Actually I think we still have some boxes of cookies left! :goodvibes

Here's a picture of some of the things that we got!

Disney2009665.jpg

Shelly - awesome reviews and pictures!! I had 2 CS left at the end and now I wish I would have asked about converting them!!
I'm so glad to see someone with pickier kids than mine!! They lived on hot dogs and chicken nuggets!
We've decided we will probably do the DDP again, even without doing the math - we enjoyed the TS places so much and want to do more!! I agree about LeCellier - phenomenal food - I also had the mushroom filet and it melted in my mouth. Okay, I better stop, I'm starting to drool.
Thanks for all the great info, reviews, pictures etc. I've really enjoyed reading!

I just read your report and I am glad I did! I ,too, have a picky eater at home and I felt much better about his eating after reading your report. I always look at the menu's and think to myself well Evan is gonna starve at this restaurant since there is nothing on the menu he likes. The only saving grace I have is that he is now able to order off the adult menu and the boy does like steak. It pains me that it may be at $20 steak but at least it is some sort of protein! (he doesn't like cheese either!!! makes it hard doesn't it?)

Well thanks for your descriptions and I was glad to hear about Big River as I had planned to eat there one night since we did Spoodles last year.

Michelle

Shelly - awesome reviews and pictures!! I had 2 CS left at the end and now I wish I would have asked about converting them!!
I'm so glad to see someone with pickier kids than mine!! They lived on hot dogs and chicken nuggets!
We've decided we will probably do the DDP again, even without doing the math - we enjoyed the TS places so much and want to do more!! I agree about LeCellier - phenomenal food - I also had the mushroom filet and it melted in my mouth. Okay, I better stop, I'm starting to drool.
Thanks for all the great info, reviews, pictures etc. I've really enjoyed reading!

Thanks! :goodvibes

DH LOVED his mushroom fillet at LeCellier too!!

We will also probably end up doing the DDP again. I always say we aren't going to but then we end up doing it! :confused3

I just read your report and I am glad I did! I ,too, have a picky eater at home and I felt much better about his eating after reading your report. I always look at the menu's and think to myself well Evan is gonna starve at this restaurant since there is nothing on the menu he likes. The only saving grace I have is that he is now able to order off the adult menu and the boy does like steak. It pains me that it may be at $20 steak but at least it is some sort of protein! (he doesn't like cheese either!!! makes it hard doesn't it?)

Well thanks for your descriptions and I was glad to hear about Big River as I had planned to eat there one night since we did Spoodles last year.

Michelle

Glad to help! Us mom's of picky eaters have to stick together!! :grouphug: :rotfl:

What awesome reviews and pictures!!! I have 6 children, one of whom is extremely picky, so your input was fabulous!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing!
Kim
momofdbsdca

I should probably add that DS9 takes all the cheese off of his pizza. So he is only eating crust and sauce. :sad2: So I'm sure it all tastes the same to him! :confused3 :rotfl:

Ha! And my DD (almost 8) only eats the cheese and leaves behind the pizza and the sauce...perhaps, they should be introduced?

Love that you did a dining report too....we are also eating at a lot of these same places!

Ha! And my DD (almost 8) only eats the cheese and leaves behind the pizza and the sauce...perhaps, they should be introduced?

Love that you did a dining report too....we are also eating at a lot of these same places!

:laughing: That is too funny! Maybe they should meet!

I gained a lot of valuable tips reading your DR (and got a bit hungry!). We went on the free dining deal last year but did it "wrong" (I think). We ate TS for breakfast almost every day, then had to pay OOP for lunch so we could save our CS for dinner (which was almost always back at POP - so it got tiresome choosing from the same menu every night).

We hope to go on free dining again this year so I have a better idea of where to use my TS credits (maybe just one breakfast at Crystal Palace - is it that good? We had a early-dinner there last time).

Our daughter will be 4 1/2 so princesses are a big thing - I never even knew about the stepsisters at 1900! So happy you shared all of this!

I gained a lot of valuable tips reading your DR (and got a bit hungry!). We went on the free dining deal last year but did it "wrong" (I think). We ate TS for breakfast almost every day, then had to pay OOP for lunch so we could save our CS for dinner (which was almost always back at POP - so it got tiresome choosing from the same menu every night).

We hope to go on free dining again this year so I have a better idea of where to use my TS credits (maybe just one breakfast at Crystal Palace - is it that good? We had a early-dinner there last time).

Our daughter will be 4 1/2 so princesses are a big thing - I never even knew about the stepsisters at 1900! So happy you shared all of this!

Hi! Thanks for reading! Glad I could help.

What we usually do is eat a light breakfast in the room - granola bars, cereal bars, etc. Then we do CS for lunch and TS for dinner. And usually we do a TS breakfast once or twice during the trip. Yes, I would definitely recommend CP for the best breakfast buffet!

Have a great trip and happy dining!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter