• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom and Dad and 2 Picky Kids do the DDP ~ With Lots of Pictures!

Thank You so much for sharing with us !! I'm sad to see it come to an end.

I'm glad you didn't lose out on your extra CS credits. I always like taking snacks back home with us, especially "free" ones !!

DD16, Caylin, says "Thank You very much, for answering her ?s about the cheese plate" !!! I'm sure she will get it even if it's not covered.

When is your next trip planned? My DH is leaving for Iraq in April and won';t be joining us for the June trip but I am in the process of booking a land/sea pkg for when he comes home in 2010. I always LOVE planning trips, even the non Disney ones.

Thanks for sharing in this with me!

I wish I knew more about the cheese plate thing.

We are looking at either the very end of Jan. into Feb. or the first week of May 2010. :wizard:

I'm sorry your DH won't be joining you in June. That will be a great coming home gift for him when you can all go to WDW and on a cruise together! :cloud9:

Great reviews!! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for the time you put into this report. :goodvibes

I can't wait to eat at many of the places you reviewed in just a few short weeks!!

Great reports!!!

We go in 4 weeks and are staying at the CBR. We will also be doing a lot of the same restaurants. We can't wait!

We did Tusker House last trip and loved it. But we were STARVING when we got there so anything would have been delicious at that point. :lmao:

We will be on the DDP and weren't last time and we spent a fortune on food because we do go all out while on vacation. So I expect to get my money's worth on the DDP. :rotfl:

Thanks again!

Thank you so much!! :goodvibes

I know I get full at every Disney meal!

I thought my DH's fillet looked small, but it was very thick. Between his meal and the endless breadsticks my DH was full. He hardly ate any of his dessert. And he likes to eat! So I think you will be just fine! :thumbsup2

Thanks, I'll tell my DH he has nothing to worry about.

Hi Shelly,
I have to agree. I was glad I took the DDP off. I do like to eat at TS, but one everyday takes up much of your time. We would have got nothing done on this trip.

I love the part in your intro post where you describe your life as a stay-at-home mom who would like to get back to her banking career some day. That was me about 15 years ago. I used to say that when my youngest started kindergarten, I might go back to work. Well, my oldest is 24 and in med school and my youngest is 21 and a college junior. And I'm still a stay-at-home mom-even though my kids aren't even at home much any more! :

My four are 6-&-under, and I keep wondering what I will do with my days when I don't have wxy&z to abc&d for! Ooooooooooo, maybe I'll just be a stay-at-home. :worship: Love it, love it, love it!!!!

Two of my four won't go near PB&J. With so many allergies out there and so many schools going peanut-free, I guess we are lucky not to be so dependent (I happen to LOVE a good soft wheat bread, Jif, and Smucker's grape jelly "sammich")!

enjoyed reading your report. I LOVE those strawberry tarts from France's pattiserie. WOW... have to get me one of those!

not sure about the corn dog nuggets- what on earth are they?

Just want to say thank you for your restaurant reviews. I was especially interested in Big River Grille and will go there in May. I've heard you can get a reservation directly with them 30 days before. Not sure if this is correct, but I'm going to give them a call. As for the dining plan, I feel like it's worth it. I actually enjoy sitting down and sharing a meal with the family. It gives you a chance to regroup and relax a bit instead of constantly running.

Great reviews!! :thumbsup2 Thank you so much for the time you put into this report. :goodvibes

I can't wait to eat at many of the places you reviewed in just a few short weeks!!

Great reports!!!

We go in 4 weeks and are staying at the CBR. We will also be doing a lot of the same restaurants. We can't wait!

We did Tusker House last trip and loved it. But we were STARVING when we got there so anything would have been delicious at that point. :lmao:

We will be on the DDP and weren't last time and we spent a fortune on food because we do go all out while on vacation. So I expect to get my money's worth on the DDP. :rotfl:

Thanks again!

Hi Shelly,
I have to agree. I was glad I took the DDP off. I do like to eat at TS, but one everyday takes up much of your time. We would have got nothing done on this trip.

Great report, so much fun to read, thanks for posting it!

Two of my four won't go near PB&J. With so many allergies out there and so many schools going peanut-free, I guess we are lucky not to be so dependent (I happen to LOVE a good soft wheat bread, Jif, and Smucker's grape jelly "sammich")!

enjoyed reading your report. I LOVE those strawberry tarts from France's pattiserie. WOW... have to get me one of those!

not sure about the corn dog nuggets- what on earth are they?

Just want to say thank you for your restaurant reviews. I was especially interested in Big River Grille and will go there in May. I've heard you can get a reservation directly with them 30 days before. Not sure if this is correct, but I'm going to give them a call. As for the dining plan, I feel like it's worth it. I actually enjoy sitting down and sharing a meal with the family. It gives you a chance to regroup and relax a bit instead of constantly running.

Thank you all so much for reading. I hope you all enjoyed it and that I was able to help some of you out! :goodvibes

As for the DDP, I am still confused as to if we will get it again next time or not. :confused3 It is nice in a lot of ways, but we might like to take the next trip at a little slower pace and not be tied to all the ADR's. We'll see!

Let me know if anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them!

I'm still on the fence about the DDP & we are going forward with it at this point. It's our first time onsite so we want to take advantage of it in case we don't make it back to a WDW resort. I wish you could combine the QS and regular DPs... that would be perfect! 7 sit down meals is a lot for our crew. I'll let you know what we think about it. I'm afraid of being tied to all of those ADRs too... but DH said he isn't worried - if we miss 1 or 2 and end up paying OOP for extra QS meals we'll lose some money, but it's not the end of the world - and we'll know better for next time!

Thanks Again!

I'm still on the fence about the DDP & we are going forward with it at this point. It's our first time onsite so we want to take advantage of it in case we don't make it back to a WDW resort. I wish you could combine the QS and regular DPs... that would be perfect! 7 sit down meals is a lot for our crew. I'll let you know what we think about it. I'm afraid of being tied to all of those ADRs too... but DH said he isn't worried - if we miss 1 or 2 and end up paying OOP for extra QS meals we'll lose some money, but it's not the end of the world - and we'll know better for next time!

Thanks Again!

The DDP is great if you want to do some character meals, it is very nice to have the characters come to you and not have to wait in those long lines at the parks! I definitely recommend trying the DDP and seeing if it is right for your family.

One time we had 2 extra TS meals left (because of the kids going to a kids club while we went to dinner one night) and we were able to use them for CS meals. So you may not necessarily lose them and have to pay OOP if you miss some of your TS's!

The DDP is great if you want to do some character meals, it is very nice to have the characters come to you and not have to wait in those long lines at the parks! I definitely recommend trying the DDP and seeing if it is right for your family.

One time we had 2 extra TS meals left (because of the kids going to a kids club while we went to dinner one night) and we were able to use them for CS meals. So you may not necessarily lose them and have to pay OOP if you miss some of your TS's!

That's good to know!! :thumbsup2 I read where you guys used some of you extra CS credits for snacks, but it didn't occur to me that we might be able to use TS credits for CS meals. Thanks!

NOOOO, it can't be over!!!

I loved reading your reviews! We are taking our kids for the first time in may and are using the DP. I am sure we could save money by not using it, but I love the convenience of knowing our meals are payed for ahead of time!!

NOOOO, it can't be over!!!

I loved reading your reviews! We are taking our kids for the first time in may and are using the DP. I am sure we could save money by not using it, but I love the convenience of knowing our meals are payed for ahead of time!!

I know, I'm so sad it is over!!! :sad1: I really enjoyed sharing our dining experiences & talking about food with all of you! :goodvibes

Have a great trip in May! It sure is convenient having everything already paid for with the DDP. :thumbsup2

Thank you for the reviews. As you see we are going soon :goodvibes and I just sat here and read the whole thread to my boys. They loved it and now are talking about the up coming trip for their dad who will be home in 8 days from Kuwait!! from a 16 month long deployment :cloud9:

Thank you for the reviews. As you see we are going soon :goodvibes and I just sat here and read the whole thread to my boys. They loved it and now are talking about the up coming trip for their dad who will be home in 8 days from Kuwait!! from a 16 month long deployment :cloud9:

Oh that is so great! :goodvibes It is going to be so awesome for your family to all be together finally and to be going to Disney!! :cloud9:

Have a great time! I hope my reviews were able to help you plan.

So, was the DDP worth it and would we do it again???

Well, I don't know and I don't know! :laughing:

I always come back from WDW and say - I know we can eat way cheaper than the $700 we spent on the DDP. But then a few weeks later, like now, I start thinking about all the WDW restaurants we want to go back to and all the ones that we want to try and think that the DDP is worth it. :confused3

We paid around $700 for the DDP for our 7 night/8 day trip. Nearest I can tell from totalling all the receipts and guessing on a few things, it looks like everything we ate totalled $964. So when you look at it that way then yes it was totally worth it! But if you look at it another way it is not. If we weren't on the DDP we would not have gone to all those places, therefore we would not have felt tied to ADR's all week, we would not have gotten dessert with every meal, and we certainly would not have bought all those snacks to bring home. So I guess it's all in how you look at it and it's a toss up!

I'm sure we could go and eat for less than $700. But we would lose most of our TS meals by doing so. We would probably only do about 2-3 TS meals for the week if we did not get the DDP. So, is that a bad thing? I don't know. We really always feel rushed trying to make it to all the ADR's. Honestly I would be happy with a TS dinner every other day.

It was definitely worth it for all the character meals we have done over the past 3 trips. I think we've been to nearly everyone of them! But now that we have done them and the kids are starting to get over that, that's another thing to take into consideration.

So those are just my thoughts. Not sure if we will do the DDP next time or not!
Oh my gosh, hubby and I had this exact conversation this morning. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney TS food, but for some reason (this trip more than past ones), we felt we had to leave what we were doing to go eat! And since the parks closed earlier, we couldn't go back after. But when we thought about NOT doing DDP, we both had so many restaurants we wanted to go to! So WHO KNOWS which we'll do next year. Of course next year our youngest will have to be paid for, so that may change our opinions, too!! YIKES!!

Oh my gosh, hubby and I had this exact conversation this morning. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney TS food, but for some reason (this trip more than past ones), we felt we had to leave what we were doing to go eat! And since the parks closed earlier, we couldn't go back after. But when we thought about NOT doing DDP, we both had so many restaurants we wanted to go to! So WHO KNOWS which we'll do next year. Of course next year our youngest will have to be paid for, so that may change our opinions, too!! YIKES!!

I know, it's a hard decision! On one hand - it is so easy and convenient and it is fun experiencing all the TS restaurants. On the other hand - it can be a real pain rushing around to all the ADR's! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter