• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mom and Dad and 2 Picky Kids do the DDP ~ With Lots of Pictures!

Momof2Disneyboys

DIS Veteran
Hello! :wave:

We just got back from WDW and CBR a week ago today. We had 7 nights/8 days of the DDP. This was our 4th trip to WDW and our 3rd time on the basic DDP.

I just got done with my CBR review here ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2074555 And now I am moving right onto the Dining Report before the Disney depression sets in!

DH and I like all kinds of food and love to eat! I may be a little more picky than him. But the kids, they are the pickiest eaters ever!

A little about us ~

DH - My hard working husband. We have been married for over 10 1/2 years. :love: He is a welding inspector and works a lot. He was a little hesitant about going to WDW the first time, but after 4 great trips he is really starting to love it. Although he probably would never admit that! :rotfl:

Me - Shelly - Stay at home mom, PTO VP, Soccer team mom, and lover of all things Disney! I look forward to getting back to my banking career someday, but am enjoying the time with the kids right now. :goodvibes

DS9 - A very active and energetic little boy. He wouldn't like me calling him a little boy though. He is growing up too fast! He is very smart and funny and a great soccer player. He is very dramatic and he is the best big brother in the world too. He has always loved to take care of his little brother, sometimes we have to remind him that his brother is 7 now and can do things for himself! DS9 loves all things Disney and Star Wars!:yoda:

DS7 - My baby! He is my sweet cuddly baby. He loves how we all baby him and do everything for him! He is very smart too and is very good at all sports. He is finally getting used to all day first grade, but preferred half day kindergarten much better! :rotfl: He loves to talk and especially loves to talk about Disney. Loves Star Wars like his big brother too. And Loves Minnie Mouse and wants to "marry her" when he grows up!:lovestruc

Here is where we ate ~

Table Service:

Chef Mickey's dinner
1900 Park Fare dinner
Mama Melrose dinner
Tusker House breakfast
Plaza Restaurant dinner
Big River Grille dinner
LeCellier dinner

Counter Service:

CBR food court - Old Port Royale
Casey's Corner
Toy Story Pizza Planet
Cooke's of Dublin
Boulangerie Patisserie

Other snack places:

Aloha Isle
Goofy's Candy Co

I will try to be as detailed as possible and I took LOTS of pictures!

Enjoy! :mickeybar

I'm here! Bowl if Peanut M&M's to snack on... let the feeding frenzy commence!

:goodvibes

Jo

Subbing! We just got back from the CBR in December. We loved it! Looking forward to your reviews!

I'm in! We're doing the Chef Mickey's dinner, Tusker House breakfast, dinner or lunch at Le Cellier (I have two ADRs on two different days but will only use one... have to get our itinerary nailed down...) and Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Dinner Package. Was yours the FDP?

Looking forward to reading all about your meals - especially the TS meals! This is our first time onsite and therefore with the DDP so we've never eaten at so many TS places in one trip - I'm afraid it might be too many so I've sprinkled character meals in to break it up a bit for the kids. I stayed onsite for a weekend with my mom last year and tried the DDP but it's hard to compare how it will work for a full week with kids along for the ride.

Can't wait! I have some picky eaters in my group too. I'm anxious to hear how your made out.

popcorn::

Looking forward to seeing the pics and reading the reviews! We have some of those on our list for May. Thank you!!!

I'm definitely subbing...I really want to hear about your dinner at the Plaza and Cookes of Dublin...two places I would really like to go sometime!

I'm in! I think I remember your dining report from before??? I remember those cute little boys!
Sad how much time I spend on the Dining Review Board! :rotfl2:

I'm so looking forward to this. :goodvibes

I'm here! Bowl if Peanut M&M's to snack on... let the feeding frenzy commence!

:goodvibes

Jo

Subbing! We just got back from the CBR in December. We loved it! Looking forward to your reviews!

YAY shelly I'm in........

Can't wait!pirate:

Looking forward to your reviews.

im in as well :thumbsup2

Hi,
Just got done reading your CBR report. I'm in for this one!!!! Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing the pics and reading the reviews! We have some of those on our list for May. Thank you!!!

I'm definitely subbing...I really want to hear about your dinner at the Plaza and Cookes of Dublin...two places I would really like to go sometime!

:welcome: to my Dining Report! Hope you all enjoy! :goodvibes

Hello! I found the link to your dining report from your thread about surprising your boys. I am really looking forward to your reviews. We are eating at many of those places when we go to WDW next week!

I'm in! We're doing the Chef Mickey's dinner, Tusker House breakfast, dinner or lunch at Le Cellier (I have two ADRs on two different days but will only use one... have to get our itinerary nailed down...) and Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Dinner Package. Was yours the FDP?

Looking forward to reading all about your meals - especially the TS meals! This is our first time onsite and therefore with the DDP so we've never eaten at so many TS places in one trip - I'm afraid it might be too many so I've sprinkled character meals in to break it up a bit for the kids. I stayed onsite for a weekend with my mom last year and tried the DDP but it's hard to compare how it will work for a full week with kids along for the ride.

Welcome! Yes, it will definitely be a different experience for you with the DDP. It makes for some rushed days trying to get to all the ADR's, but if you are doing character meals and/or sit down dinners it's definitely the way to go!

Yep, our Mama Melrose was the Fantasmic package too!

Yes, it was quite a challenge at times trying to find things DS7 liked to eat. But he made it through without starving! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter