MNSSHP-Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know (from the 2009 party!)

Here's two tips for you:

1. Candy- Do not waste time early in the party waiting on lines for candy. Towards the end of the party, the lines disappear, and the castmembers give out candy by the handfuls. They actually will try to fill your candy bag to the top if you let them.

2. Photo Op- There is a large room next to the Dole Whip stand that is opened up for the party. For the past couple of years at least, they have had Tarzan (my teen DD's are big fans) and some other characters in there. Hardly anyone goes in there. As you exit, they give you special candy. The year before last, it was full-sized bag of Hershey's Kissables candy. Last year it was something less impressive, but it was different from the candy being distributed elsewhere.

TCD

Great tips, any tip about how to get as much free candy as possible is a hit with me :yay:

Cannot wait to go to MNSSHP! Just this second booked for 2nd October :woohoo: :cool1: :banana: Whoooop!

Great tips, any tip about how to get as much free candy as possible is a hit with me :yay:

Considering the cost of admission to MNSSHP, that is going to be the most expensive "free" candy you have ever enjoyed, so be sure to get plenty.:thumbsup2

TCD

are the characters giving out the candy? is it hard to tell which lines are for candy and which for are for pictures with characters?

can we get wrist bands a little before 4:00? We have a pirate league appt at 4 and don't want to be late plus dinner at LTT at 5:30. We have reg tix with parkhopper so we could use that to get in at about 3:45 and then have to go back to get wristbands after the pirate league?

Is that clear as mud?

thanks!

So I have read alot about waiting later for candy and parades... so what do you do from say 4pm - 10pm?

are the characters giving out the candy? is it hard to tell which lines are for candy and which for are for pictures with characters?

can we get wrist bands a little before 4:00? We have a pirate league appt at 4 and don't want to be late plus dinner at LTT at 5:30. We have reg tix with parkhopper so we could use that to get in at about 3:45 and then have to go back to get wristbands after the pirate league?

Is that clear as mud?

thanks!

I'm led to believe that if your already in the park before 4pm you can go to guest relations inside the park or there's a special desk in front of the castle from 4pm to get your party wristbands?...So i don't think you'll need to trek back to the turnstiles, hopefully this is the same for eTickets?

Is that clear as mud?

thanks!

No, characters do not give out candy. There will be trick or treat lines (noted on the map) and there will be character meet and greets, most also noted on the map. Can't confuse the two.

No, you cannot get in or get wristbands before 4:00p. If you want to get in before 4:00p, you will have to use a regular park ticket.

However, there will be various locations (CMs) within the park after 4:00p where you can get the wristbands put on. One is right in front of the castle. You do not have to go back to the main entrance.

No, characters do not give out candy. There will be trick or treat lines (noted on the map) and there will be character meet and greets, most also noted on the map. Can't confuse the two.

No, you cannot get in or get wristbands before 4:00p. If you want to get in before 4:00p, you will have to use a regular park ticket.

However, there will be various locations (CMs) within the park after 4:00p where you can get the wristbands put on. One is right in front of the castle. You do not have to go back to the main entrance.

Thank you for the info. Probably will make more sense for us to go in before 4:00 with reg tix and pick up the wristbands in front of the castle later. Is there a crowd to get in at 4? I'm not sure if it is common knowledge (not DIS level of knowledge:lmao:) that you can get in at 4 :confused3

I am excited for the party, especially the parade and fireworks! :yay:

We've been every year since 2005 and my best tip is don't spend your time trying to do all the great MK rides while you're at the party. Enjoy all the Halloweeny stuff from 7pm on. Use another day to ride your must-dos. That's not to say you shouldn't take advantage of shorter lines, if that's your heart's desire, but make sure you get to experience the Halloween events that are offered. This party is really spectacular IMO. Best parade at Disney.

I really have to second this! Right on! Don't spend the extra money and then do things you can do on any ordinary park day! Hit the treat trails, meet all the characters, do the dance parties, see the parade and fireworks, have your face painted!

Oh, one more tip- Cinderella's coach was out last year just down past Small World. Get there early- the line was looong and closed quickly.

-Sarah

This one is kinda obvious - make sure you eat dinner before you start snacking on your candy! We made the mistake last year of eating candy all night while waiting in lines. We never did get dinner.
Also, take the time to get some pictures with the characters in costume. I didn't feel like waiting last year and I missed out on some great pictures.

My tip is to bring a change of clothes for your children if they are wearing heavy cosutumes. When we went it was so hot and humid that night. DD was miserable after about an hour and we had to buy her a t-shirt. Thankfully I had her wear shorts under her Belle Gown. She was a much happier kiddo!

Make sure you stick around after the Villains show, they come down and you can get pics with them! They don't do autographs, because of time constraints, but you can meet Malifecent, the Evil Queen, Cruella DeVil, the Queen of Hearts, Frollo, Captain Hook, and Jafar. AWESOME!!!!

Last year the meet and greet in Adventureland (mentioned earlier) had Tarzan, Jane, Terk, Rafiki, and Baloo.

We also saw Alice, Tweedle Dee and Dum, the White Rabbit, Mad Hatter, and the Queen of Hearts on the trail between Toontown and Tommorrowland.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs were in Fantasyland no autographs, pics only.

Mickey and Minnie in their Halloween Costumes were at the beginning of Main Street, in a Gazebo, between Exposition Hall and the Train Station.

I'm so excited. I am solo and wasn't going to do the party but a friend did it last year and talked me into it. My best friend wants a pic of Snow white and the dwarves. I can't wait. YAHOOOOOO.:cheer2::banana:

I'm so excited. I am solo and wasn't going to do the party but a friend did it last year and talked me into it. My best friend wants a pic of Snow white and the dwarves. I can't wait. YAHOOOOOO.:cheer2::banana:

I sold a Halloween costume to someone last year, who sent me a picture of her later with Snow White and the 7 dwarfs. From the moment I saw that picture, I KNEW I would have to go this year! We'll be there on 9/29 and 10/1. I can't wait!!!!!

We have tix for MVMCP this year. But after reading this thread I'm wondering if we made the right choice. Is MNSSHP that much better than MVMCP? I know the kids won't be disappointed with either, but how do they each compare?

We're going for the first time. Just got my boys' costumes in the mail - Sulley & Mike from Monsters Inc. We are planning for that to be our 'off' day. Going to sleep in, relax around the resort, swim, nap, etc. then off to the party @ 4 or so. Hoping by doing that our 2 boys (4.5 & almost 2) will be able to handle the long night better. Then the next day is the 2nd day we're scheduled to visit Epcot so we can sleep in a bit that day too to recover and hit World Showcase when it opens. On paper & in my head it all sounds like a good plan, we'll see how it works out in reality!

Originally Posted by AlternateEgo
So I have read alot about waiting later for candy and parades... so what do you do from say 4pm - 10pm?

Character Meet and Greets, Dance Parties, Short lines at Rides, HAUNTED MANSION!!!, The list could go on as to what to do...:banana:

And don't forget the fireworks at 9:30p!! :lovestruc

There is so much to do, it's hard to fit it all in and it flies by fast!! :thumbsup2

we went last year...had so much fun
going again Sept 18th. Can't wait. This year I'm getting in the spirit and dressing up as well
my tip...don't forget your BIG treat bag. They give out really small ones, i was mad i forgot the one i had just bought at the resort.
Thanks for the tip on the meet and greet of the Villians. My daughter is going as Queen of Hearts and her best friend is Captain hook. They will go bananas when they meet them!
Sooooo excited!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

This is my first time, too and hope the twins make it! I just got a few costumes in the mail today...Do you all dress up as adults?? This will be fun!! We don't have hoppers, so the party tickets are all you need at 4pm to get in, correct? We are having a big lunch at Le Cellier before this so we'll be ready to go and eat candy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter