• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP-Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know (from the 2009 party!)

One thing that needs to be said is line up a few minute early for the parade so you don't miss the Headless Horseman! He is Awesome!!!

Does the headless horseman come twice for both parades?

Do you need to bring your own treat bag? One for each child? Adults can get treats too?

Do they do anything special to the rides to make them different?

Fireworks always start at 9:30?

What times are the parades usually?

Do people dress in NON disney costumes?

Do any of the characters give autographs or only pictures? Shoudl we bother bringing autograph books.

We are planning on spending that morning at the hotel, swimming, relaxing, napping....then at 2:30 we have lunch at Kona Cafe' and then we are going to head right over for MNSSHP by 4. We are going to eat a quick service at the hotel that morning, and probably something quick for at night so we don't waste time at a meal during the party.

I'M SO EXCITED!

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If I have park tickets for 5 days w/o the PH, I could visit a different park each day and then on the 5th day (which I would have MNSSHP tickets for) I could go to a different park in the morning and still get into the MK for the party at 4pm? Ultimately be park hopping on the last day?

I just want to make sure I understand this correctly. If I have park tickets for 5 days w/o the PH, I could visit a different park each day and then on the 5th day (which I would have MNSSHP tickets for) I could go to a different park in the morning and still get into the MK for the party at 4pm? Ultimately be park hopping on the last day?

Yes, you are correct.

Does the headless horseman come twice for both parades?
Yes, weather permitting
Do you need to bring your own treat bag? One for each child? Adults can get treats too? Each person in your party will get a treat bag. You don't need to bring them

Do they do anything special to the rides to make them different?No that I noticed, but we usually don't spend a lot of time on the rides

Fireworks always start at 9:30?Well, you should wait for the schedule to be posted, but it should be around that time anyway

What times are the parades usually? Hmmm...check allearsnet.com for the schedule last year -- I think it was 8:30 and 10?? or maybe 8 and 10:30?? better go check that. As soon as this year's schedule is released, it will be posted here on DISBOARDS

Do people dress in NON disney costumes? Yes! All kinds of costumes -- children and adults

Do any of the characters give autographs or only pictures? Shoudl we bother bringing autograph books. DD actually got Cruella's autograph, but her handler did yell at her - -Cruella that is. The Villains ans SW and her gang do not sign, I think the rest do. Bring your book.

We are planning on spending that morning at the hotel, swimming, relaxing, napping....then at 2:30 we have lunch at Kona Cafe' and then we are going to head right over for MNSSHP by 4. We are going to eat a quick service at the hotel that morning, and probably something quick for at night so we don't waste time at a meal during the party.

I'M SO EXCITED!

Answers in red. I love this party. We usually go twice per trip -- you can really do everything if you go twice. This year's trip is shorter -- we can only go to one party.

If you want to meet Mickey in costume, be in his line -- back behind his house in Toontown BEFORE 7:00 -- people start to line up around 6:45

Great tips...I need to write these down. We will be there 10/27. I was hoping to do a waterpark early, but get back to the hotel in time to maybe get the kids a nap. I don't know now...thinking we might just hang around the hotel and swim until 4.

I am looking forward to the party during my trip. We're a group of 4 adults, all dressing up. I love these tips!

We went last year and had a blast. We are going again this year. I agree with getting a BIG bag. The candy is crazyyyy. We had a ton and it was not cheap candy either. ;)

How long do the characters stay out during the party for pictures?

THe villains are out for about 15minutes after all of their shows EXCEPT for the show before the Fireworks -- can someone double check that? There is one show per night that they don't stay out after because there isn't enough time.

Mickey & Minnie, SW & dwarves, Pooh & friends - -they are out until about 11:30, but they do take breaks. Same with the characters in the Princess/Fairy tent

If you really want to meet SW, my advice is to get in line while she is on break -- ask the CM what time her next set is and where you should line up and then get in line 10 minutes before she id due to appear. Once she is out and everyone sees her and her little friends, the line closes in minutes.

THe only characters in costume that I have seen the past 2 years are Mickey and Minnie and Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet.

Jasmine & Aladdin will switch off with Genie and Abu over by the carpets, Jessie and Woody were on the porch in Frontierland, Buzz & Stitch were in tomorrowland, the Stepsisters and Lady Tremaine were in Belle's Garden.

THere are some good photo ops -- a Mickey ghost on a pathway near Crystal Palace, the store Windows on Main St, a HUGE pumbaa in Adventureland -- the candy stops have neat displays to take photos after the crowds die down.

I agree with other posteers about waiting for candy except for the Mad Hatter's trail in Toontown -- do that one at 7pm -- it stays busy all night.

One other tip -- pick something to do at 7pm, and get in line before the party starts -- meet Mickey, the Mad Hatter's trail, the carriage photo etc

This is probably a silly question. Do I need to have tickets to MK AND the special tickets to get in. I am not planning on the park hopper option (at least not right now) but if I didn't go to any other parks that day and just relaxed at the hotel then can I get in without having tix for MK that day? It seems like it would be best to not get the kids tired so I don't want to spend that day at MK if it will make them too tired later. Does that even make sense?:confused3 I can't seem to write out what is going on in my brain :laughing:

Hi, I will be attending the party on Sept. 4th ...can't wait.....
So lets say I get there at 6pm.....What should I do ...??? get candy or photos or get to the rides????

Thanks

This is probably a silly question. Do I need to have tickets to MK AND the special tickets to get in. I am not planning on the park hopper option (at least not right now) but if I didn't go to any other parks that day and just relaxed at the hotel then can I get in without having tix for MK that day? It seems like it would be best to not get the kids tired so I don't want to spend that day at MK if it will make them too tired later. Does that even make sense?:confused3 I can't seem to write out what is going on in my brain :laughing:

You don't need park tickets AND MNSSHP tickets to get into the party. All you need is to get MNSSHP tickets. If you wanted to visit a different park that day you can use your regular park tickets and then hop to MNSSHP that night.

Hi, I will be attending the party on Sept. 4th ...can't wait.....
So lets say I get there at 6pm.....What should I do ...??? get candy or photos or get to the rides????

Thanks

The party doesn't officially start until 7pm. So i don't believe the candy stops or the special meet and greets will be happening before then. So i'd say get pictures of holiday decorations and maybe hit up some rides until 6:45. Then figure out the first thing you want to do for the party and wait there. Like Cinderella and the coach or SW and seven dwarves.

I'm trying to decide on attending Tues, Sept 29 or Thurs, Oct 1 anyone have any thoughts on which would be the lower crowd night?

is it better to get there at 4 and try to fit in rides, etc. or is the park still crowded enough to make this a waste of time? we were thinking of making our way in at 4, to get in our rides and things out of the way.

also, are any of the characters/photo ops out around 4ish or does all that start exactly at 7? (trying to plan what were doing the day of MNSSHP since we have DS 3 and DS 5, and dont want to overdo it with them)

Does anyone know what time the MNSSHP fireworks start? I will be staying at Poly and plan to watch them from the beach!

Here's two tips for you:

1. Candy- Do not waste time early in the party waiting on lines for candy. Towards the end of the party, the lines disappear, and the castmembers give out candy by the handfuls. They actually will try to fill your candy bag to the top if you let them.

TCD

The night we went to the party we went through the line by the Mad Hatter at the very end of the party because I had read that they'd give handfuls out then. They did not do this for us. Many of them had tons of candy left in their barrels and it was almost midnight.

I just wanted to let others know that they don't always give out handfuls of candy. BUT, let me say also, that when we got home we weighed all of our candy and together the 5 of us got over 12 pounds of candy. :yay: You really don't need a special strategy. We went through every candy line once and then we went through the Mad Hatter line a second time at the end of the night and that was all we did. At no point did any cast member give us a big handful and we still ended up with WAY more candy than we could eat!! :rotfl:

I'm loving all the tips! We will be there on Oct. 1st :cool1: MNSSHP will be our only "park time" because we are going on the 7 day cruise on the 3rd. So hopefully the crowd level will be low so we can get a lot accomplished.

is it better to get there at 4 and try to fit in rides, etc. or is the park still crowded enough to make this a waste of time? we were thinking of making our way in at 4, to get in our rides and things out of the way.

also, are any of the characters/photo ops out around 4ish or does all that start exactly at 7? (trying to plan what were doing the day of MNSSHP since we have DS 3 and DS 5, and dont want to overdo it with them)
None of the party activities begin until 7pm.

The reason to get in at 4pm is to get your wristbands, candybags, settle in, get something to eat, map out your game plan and you will be ready at 7pm to participate in the festivities.

If you get there at 7pm, you will have to wait in a long line to get in and get your wristbands and candybags and you will be later starting the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter