MNSSHP-Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know (from the 2009 party!)

choirchic

DIS Veteran
I Thought I'd start this for the benefit of the new/bies this year...List your best tip, trick, or secret you think people would like to know about MNSSHP.

I'll start...

This was the best tip I got from last years postings...You can get into the park at 4pm with your MNSSHP ticket.
This is a great way to avoid the 7pm rush of people coming out of the park! :woohoo:

2009 MNSSHP Event Map! THANKS maiapapaya!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/photos/mnsshp-map1.htm

UPDATE: (9/6/09)
Tips Recap - Page #73 (post #1081) - THANKS (again) Nutz4Dizney!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2236300&page=73

I haven't been to this party in particular, but my best tip from the others is to see the second parade, much less crowded!! Lots of people leave right after the fireworks, so after that, the park gets empty!

Awesome! Keep them coming!

I'd love to hear about the parties within the parties, meet-and-greets, etc.

We haven't been to MNSSHP since 2001 but remember that as the OP stated the 2nd parade is not as crowded. I believe the treat lines were also less congested as the night went on.

We cannot wait until we go. We are going to the 1st one on Sept 4. My DS is just looking forward to having his picture with all the drawfs. I think that is the 1st thing we will be doing.

I'd love to hear a touring plan for the party.
What is the best way to see the 7dwarves and get the picture with cinderella?

Here's two tips for you:

1. Candy- Do not waste time early in the party waiting on lines for candy. Towards the end of the party, the lines disappear, and the castmembers give out candy by the handfuls. They actually will try to fill your candy bag to the top if you let them.

2. Photo Op- There is a large room next to the Dole Whip stand that is opened up for the party. For the past couple of years at least, they have had Tarzan (my teen DD's are big fans) and some other characters in there. Hardly anyone goes in there. As you exit, they give you special candy. The year before last, it was full-sized bag of Hershey's Kissables candy. Last year it was something less impressive, but it was different from the candy being distributed elsewhere.

TCD

Here's two tips for you:

2. Photo Op- There is a large room next to the Dole Whip stand that is opened up for the party. For the past couple of years at least, they have had Tarzan (my teen DD's are big fans) and some other characters in there. Hardly anyone goes in there. As you exit, they give you special candy. The year before last, it was full-sized bag of Hershey's Kissables candy. Last year it was something less impressive, but it was different from the candy being distributed elsewhere.

TCD

OMG-we went last year and I had no idea about this one...now don't flame me but exactly where is the dole whip stand??? (no we have never had one)

Here is my hint-if you are gettiing there in the 4-7 preparty window, go ahead and get some pictures in your halloween garb done in front of the castle or whereever you would want-that way you have more time for the special stuff at 7

Love the tips...question: do they always have 2 parades? And are they the same?

Love the tips...question: do they always have 2 parades? And are they the same?

As far as I know, there are always two parades, and yes they are the same!

My favorite candy line was the one on Toon Town by the train station...the Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts are usually there with Alice! We went through twice last year!

Thanks! Last year was our first party! We can't wait to go back! We're both in our 30's, no kids, and we LOVED It!

My group is myself (22), boyfriend (29), friend #1 (29) and friend #2 (25). We are all excited about it! That and food and wine... i think we've got ourselves a good trip ;)

If they still have it, I love to get my face painted. Usually it's still very warm, so I like to do just Halloween tshirts for costumes.

OMG-we went last year and I had no idea about this one...now don't flame me but exactly where is the dole whip stand??? (no we have never had one)

It's on your right as soon as you cross over the bridge to Adventureland. You enter the room I referred to through doors that are adjacent to the little dining area. There are castmembers stationed there inviting people in, and there is a small sign identifying the area.

And, one of these days, you really need to try the Dole Whip.

TCD

I am so excited too! I will be going to my first MNSSHP on Sept. 25th. I didn't think we would ever go to one. I always thought that about MVMCP, but I have been to that twice! It will be just my son and I. My daughter is in her high school marching band and she has a competition that weekend and since she is a senior she doesn't want to miss any band. My husband will stay home with her. I do feel "slightly" guilty though because this will be the first band competition I have missed in all her four years, but I couldn't pass up the chance to do Food & Wine, MNSSHP and free dining all in one trip!

My group is myself (22), boyfriend (29), friend #1 (29) and friend #2 (25). We are all excited about it! That and food and wine... i think we've got ourselves a good trip ;)

I think we're going on the same night! It's my boyfriend and I (I'm 24, he'll turn 25 the week before) and my younger brother (21.) We'll be staying at Pop too. Just might run into each other :goodvibes

One thing that needs to be said is line up a few minute early for the parade so you don't miss the Headless Horseman! He is Awesome!!!

We've been every year since 2005 and my best tip is don't spend your time trying to do all the great MK rides while you're at the party. Enjoy all the Halloweeny stuff from 7pm on. Use another day to ride your must-dos. That's not to say you shouldn't take advantage of shorter lines, if that's your heart's desire, but make sure you get to experience the Halloween events that are offered. This party is really spectacular IMO. Best parade at Disney.

Well, having learned from last year I would offer this tip.....if you have small children (ours are 2 & 3) make sure you don't overdo yourself during the day. We made the mistake of doing Animal Kingdom in the morning then heading to MK for the Halloween Party. HUGE mistake!!! We missed almost everything but the parade. The kids were exhausted & cranky - we left around 10:00. We're planning on going to MK early & then resting during the afternoon. Early ADRs at CP then straight to the party! I also agree with the others regarding the treat lines. Wait a few hours after the party starts before trying to navigate through them. You'll be waiting FOREVER! The parade was one of our favorite memories of the entire trip. We still watch it at home & the song is so dang catchy! Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter