• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP 2006, Ready to start planning!

Awwwwwwwwwww c'mon guys.......we are all going within a months time to disney and the mnsshp, where is everyone..............I know there are disers out here that are counting down, some in single digits, some in very low double digits............wheres the love....................I dont know about you guys, but I am about to jump out of my skin and I still have about 27 days left!!!!!! How many days do you all have??????

mrsscooter said:
Awwwwwwwwwww c'mon guys.......we are all going within a months time to disney and the mnsshp, where is everyone..............I know there are disers out here that are counting down, some in single digits, some in very low double digits............wheres the love....................I dont know about you guys, but I am about to jump out of my skin and I still have about 27 days left!!!!!! How many days do you all have??????

Hi Mrs. Scooter! I posted on her a while back, but you're right now its close and I'm excited! 20 days til WDW. WE'll be at MNSSHP on 9/29. WE're first timers and I'm sooooo excited. Can't believe we're under three weeks away!

20 days for us too! Our middle guy still can't decide what he wants to wear for the party! He can either wear the Incredible PJ Pal that we got him (and his brothers) or he can be Mr.Policeman which is older bro's costume from last Halloween. He just can't decide, I have a feeling we'll be packing both and he'll decide at the last minute. That's kids for ya!

schlepsnort said:
20 days for us too! Our middle guy still can't decide what he wants to wear for the party! He can either wear the Incredible PJ Pal that we got him (and his brothers) or he can be Mr.Policeman which is older bro's costume from last Halloween. He just can't decide, I have a feeling we'll be packing both and he'll decide at the last minute. That's kids for ya!

My DDs will be Cinderella, Alice in WOnderland and a pirate! They are so excited and so am I!

9 more days for us! :hourglass

We are:
- 4 girlfriends
- all over 30 years old
- 3 from Houston, Texas
- 1 from Canal Fulton, Ohio
- 2 are Nurses
- 2 are respiratory therapists

We will be staying at the AKL from 9/18-9/24.

We will be attending the MNSSHP on Sept. 22nd.

It is our first time for the AKL and the Halloween Party, so we are very excited!

We are all dressing up as Pirates for the Halloween party pirate: pirate: pirate: pirate: (along with hundreds of other pirates, big and small, I imagine.) I will be the one wearing the Crocs with the skulls and crossbones, by the way!

I 'haunted' the local thrift stores and put my costume together a piece at a time... a pair of black leggings with a skull on the leg, a ruffled top with really big sleeves and ruffled cuffs, a long black velvet vest (below hip length), and a sash from the dollar store. I did buy a black velvet pirate hat that is soft and 'foldable" easy to tuck in my sash if it is too hot or cumbersome to wear. I am trying to keep thngs cool and easy for the most part. I am just at a loss on the shoes, comfort is foremost, so i think I am just going with the Crocs or the Haviannas.

I also bought a smallish black velvety treat bag at Hobby Lobby and sewed a long shoulder strap on it and am going to wear it crossbody to hold treats and necessities.

I think I am more excited about the Halloween Party than I am about anything else! :dance3:

Anyone else staying at the AKL that week or going to the Party on 9/22?

Thanks again for all the great posts and tips in all the planning sections.

Teri :wizard:

we don't go till October, but boy am I waiting for those first trip and party reports to start coming in! DD5 will be Jasmine and DS7 will be Yoda. They are so excited to see the villians and go to the dance parties...and excited about the candy, too. :teeth:

:woohoo: :dance3:
ani-avabear1.gif
ani-avabear2.gif
rock.gif
clap.gif

We only have a couple of days. My mom is making our costumes and I am a little nervous as mine is not ready yet. She said she is going to finish it today and I will have my final fitting tonight. It is going to be Jasmine. My dd4 is also going to be Jasmine and my dh is Aladdin. My dd's Jasmine costume is the best and I wish my mom did as good a job on mine but I know that she did not.

I really have not been following this thread until know. We are going to the first party and went last year. Is there anything that I really need to know about? Any changes or additions?

Windy City Heather said:
Is there anything that I really need to know about? Any changes or additions?

One big change is that MK doesn't close til 7pm this year for day guests. Also, no free photo this year, although I've read that you get a 50% discount, not sure if that's correct.

Be sure to report back and let us know how it went. :thumbsup2

Finally, and I cant believe its less than a month. 29 days to be exact. Actually, if you dont count today, and the day that we actually leave, its really only 27 days. lol I decided that I will start to pack on monday, well really dig out the suitcases and pull out "THE LIST" and start getting clothes together. My goal is to have everything packed the week before we leave, I know, a bit obsessive, but hey :)

I alredy have the kennel lined up for the dog and the cat sitters are set as well. I just need to stop the mail. Ok enough for now.

28 More days for us! Can't contain myself much longer! Our first time to MNSSHP and my friend's nieces first time to WDW!!! My daughter and I are so excited for her (and ourselves! :goodvibes )

:cool1: I'm beyond excited. My kids are too but they don't have the excitement over MNSSHP that I do - because it is a total surprise to them. I'm about to burst, but won't tell them no matter how much it is killing me to not tell them.

I'm pretty much packed except for toothbrushes/my make up/etc. All toiletries, face care stuff, etc that I have travel sizes for are packed. It won't take long to throw the remaining things in the suitcase. I don't know why I thought I could do this with one super large suitcase - I've got two.

I have my pirate stuff packed. I wasn't going to dress up until I decided to join the thousands dressing as a pirate, after reading a suggestion on here about how easy it can be to throw together a pirate costume using existing clothes. I was bringing my black crop pants anyway, and a black and a white t-shirt. Added a (purchased) oversized black & white striped button down shirt to wear over it (un buttoned), huge gold hoop earrings and a cheap sash and eye patch purchased online.

We'll buy the kids pirate costumes at DTD the morning of the party.

LESS THAN A WEEK!!!! :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
I'm jumping out of my skin with excitement.

I can't seem to do a search on just this thread. Are the strollers free at MNSSHP? Also, how early can I get one? I thought they were last year but I can't remember.

ssleblanc said:
We'll buy the kids pirate costumes at DTD the morning of the party.

Just me, but I'd call to make sure they have what you need ahead of time or order them to be picked up. Pirates are very popular this year. I'm sure they have plenty of costumes, but I wouldn't want to come up short. pirate:

Four more days till the 1st party :hmghost: I can't wait to hear some reviews! My ticker is not showing right now :rolleyes: but we only have 18 more days till we leave :cheer2:

I cant wait to hear from anyone going to the first or one of the first few days of the party. I know I still have a few more weeks to go, but I am about to jump out of my skin...............my kids have their days..........my son who is four will go for about three or four days asking every single morning at the breakfast table "are we going to Mickeys house today", then of course my 6 yr old know it all daughter, says, Nooooooooooooo Ben, not for a while. She is so funny.

My DD8's best friend is at Disney this week!! :jumping1: They are going to the first night of the party, Friday, correct? I hope they enjoy it b/c I talked the mom into going. This will also be our first MNSSHP and even grumpy ol' DH is getting excited. We have 9 going on October 17th and DGN4 is about to go crazy with excitement. Every penny that DGN4 and DD8 can get their hands on goes in their Disney spending money. Usually money burns a hole right thru her pocket. :laughing:

Whooooo whoooooo!!!! Only 23 days to go. So, I was sitting here this morning confirming my adr's with the dining line and when they asked if we were celebrating anything special and I told them, yes, our anniversary, so they asked if we wanted a cake, then is was like all of a sudden a light went on and I remembered a post somewhere on the dis about how you can order special cakes, etc. So, I asked and she gave me the number for the Grand Floridian bakery and hooked me up!!! I just ordered 2 mini cakes with miniature white chocolate cinderella castles on each to be delivered after our meal at the Hooptee Doo which we have adrs for on our anniversary. I am so excited, and they are even cheesecakes!!!! Ok, I just had to tell someon, and its a surprise for my hubby. Yeahhhhhh!!!!

Ok, I am done. Thank you LOL

mrsscooter said:
Whooooo whoooooo!!!! Only 23 days to go. So, I was sitting here this morning confirming my adr's with the dining line and when they asked if we were celebrating anything special and I told them, yes, our anniversary, so they asked if we wanted a cake, then is was like all of a sudden a light went on and I remembered a post somewhere on the dis about how you can order special cakes, etc. So, I asked and she gave me the number for the Grand Floridian bakery and hooked me up!!! I just ordered 2 mini cakes with miniature white chocolate cinderella castles on each to be delivered after our meal at the Hooptee Doo which we have adrs for on our anniversary. I am so excited, and they are even cheesecakes!!!! Ok, I just had to tell someon, and its a surprise for my hubby. Yeahhhhhh!!!!

Ok, I am done. Thank you LOL
Congratulations. Enjoy your trip & your cake!!

Hi again everyone! We'll be at Disney 2 weeks from today! :woohoo: We'll be at the Oct. 2 and 5 parties. Our costumes our finally all set! I'm Belle in her village dress, My sister is Wendy, my Mom is a haunted mansion maid, my DS is a pirate and my DD is Belle in her yellow gown for 1 party and Cinderella for the next. The adults will probably be decked out for 1 party and wear t-shirts and mouse ears the next. I can't wait to hear the first reports! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter