• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MNSSHP 2006, Ready to start planning!

mama22

Mouseketeer
Hello! :wave: Well, I saw in the September calender that just came out that Friday, Sept. 29, 2006 appears to be the first MNSSHP date! :thumbsup2 I was wondering if they would be coming out with a schedule soon, especially since now with the 180 days ADRs, we need to plan our days out! ;) We are now planning on arriving into Orlando on Sept. 29th in the evening, making it difficult to attend that first party, but I am hoping the schedule will come out soon with a party date for that following Sunday or Tuesday. :scratchin I believe April 2 is when I would call for ADRs so I need to plan my days out soon! :teeth:

Anyone else starting to plan? It seems so early to be doing this, but yoo-hoo! :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

We plan on going the third week of October but I don't think they release dates and start selling tickets until May??? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I heard that you can make LTT reservations when you buy your MNSSHP ticket but that might be past the 180 day mark so I was wondering if they will make it 180 days in advance for MNSSHP after regular park closing hours?

YIPPEE! We are going to be there from 10/10-10/22 and are hoping to go to MNSSHP and are waiting for the list to come out too! I have everything else planned out to the day but still need those dates. For us 180 days is about the 15th of April so the sooner the better! good luck to you!

I'm starting to plan too. I will have to attend the first party. How do people handle dinner the night of MNSSHP? Are the restaurants at MK open during the party?

We've never been to MNSSHP. Can someone tell me how it works. Do they shut the park down at a certain time for MNSSHP ticket holders only? Do you have to get there right when the party starts or can you go any time during the night you have the ticket. Are tickets hard to come by? TIA

I think the tickets will go on sale in mid/late April after the October park hours. (they are posted the beginning of April).

DeterminedOne said:
We've never been to MNSSHP. Can someone tell me how it works. Do they shut the park down at a certain time for MNSSHP ticket holders only? Do you have to get there right when the party starts or can you go any time during the night you have the ticket. Are tickets hard to come by? TIA

When it is time for the park to close to the public, those with the party wristbands are herded to a particular area, so that the CMs can get the non-paying public out of the park. The park usually closes relatively early on the party nights. Then, the park is open for an addtional 3 hours for those who have paid for their tickets to the party.
No, you do not have to be there right at the start of the party. Come when you feel like it.
And the hardest tickets to come by are most likely for Halloween itself, and those nights that are close to it. We're hoping for a Sunday night...maybe the 22nd or Tues the 24th. THis will be the first time at MNSSHP for us...we've done MVMCP 3 or 4 times now and love it.

Hi! I'm going to be there on Sept. 30 through Oct. 8, so April 3 will be my day to call. I am now in the planning stages of my adrs. My family and I will probably attend the Sunday, Oct 1 party and are thinking of attending another party later that week. We attended our first MNSSHP in Oct. 2004 and had so much fun, but still felt we missed a lot. It goes by so fast! I've changed my mind so many times on my adrs, I'm giving myself a headache! :headache:

Happy planning everybody! :wave:
Kristin

I was thinking that tickets might go on sale earlier this year since park hours are being released sooner. I can't wait to go back, we will be there Sept 30th -Oct. 7th. We had some much fun last year. I think we will do dinner at LLT again.

LukenDC said:
I'm starting to plan too. I will have to attend the first party. How do people handle dinner the night of MNSSHP? Are the restaurants at MK open during the party?
We made reservations for the Crystal Palace. We went in dressed in regular clothes. When we were done with dinner, we donned our costumes, walked back down to the train station and put our regular clothes in a locker.
This year I think we'll get dressed at the resort and enter like that. We didn't get dressed up beforehand because we were surprising our girls. They had no idea, they didn't even know that there WAS a halloween party!

Count us in!!! I have been wondering about the dates & when tickets go on sale. Thanks for all the useful info so far!!!

We are planning to go in October, too. I've never been a huge fan of Halloween but we went to MNSSHP last year and it was AMAZING!! Soo much fun!

I'm already planning my costume! this will be the third MNSSHP for us, can't wait to go back!

Glad to see I am not the only one excited about planning for next fall as we try to get through this winter! :cold: We went to MVMCP last December, and we had heard such great things about MNSSHP that we thought it would be fun to try it out this year! :goodvibes

I am hoping they will post the dates earlier this year, especially since the calender is coming out earlier and we need to make our ADRs! ;)

I don't know if we will make ADRs for the night of the party. We did LTT for MVMCP which we really liked. However, I think we would rather spend as much time as possible enjoying the party rather than waiting to be seated and served. We do have to eat though... maybe counter service? Maybe Crystal Palace is faster? With young kids, the early evening hours are precious. :jumping1:

Anyone know if we can enter the park at 4pm with our tickets?
Thanks! :cool1:

Count me in with the MNSSHP crowd!! We'll be there from Oct. 15-21, and will try to attend the party that Thursday night (if the schedule of days stays the same as last year). We've been getting very excited reading all the details. Oh, and I'm going crazy not being able to truly plan yet, since my ADR date is mid-April. I've had fun toying around with the schedule, but want to get the EMH schedule and party tickets before trying to finalize anything.

I hate to even say this because it makes me feel like a BIG HUGE ENORMOUS IDIOT, what exactly does MNSSHP stand for.......hhmmmm :confused3

You know, I've been noticing people have been mentioning attending the party on weekday nights. When we attended in '03, it was on a Friday night.

What nights, generally, are the party held on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter