• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mister Disney and the K-man's Easter Sunday V&A Chef Table Review

Cinderella's slipper said:
You 2 sure make Dinner at Vic and Al's look so enjoyable. Best wishes to you both in your future

ALL of the credit for Magic :wizard: and Enjoyment goes to Israel Perez and the wonderful cast members at V&A's. Knowing how special our experience was, I can't begin to imagine what went on behind the scenes! They are truly an amazing group of people.

Well, I finally booked an ADR for V&A!

I told DP that he was forbidden to ask for ketchup though!
I wanted to get NYE but they were completely booked, so instead I got us booked for 6pm on 1/1/2007. I figured it would be a nice way to start the New Year. :goodvibes

Does the DIS have a "Thread of the Year" Award???
This one DEFINITELY gets my vote!

I get the warm fuzzies when ever I think about it... :love:

I have reservation for V&A this summer and cant wait! This thread really gave the push to try to.Thank you Mr. Disney and K- Man! :cool1: :banana: :goodvibes

I actually went to the memorabilia box and pulled out our souvenir menu's from our dinner. The last time we had dinner at Vic & Al's I was very disappointed that they seated a very badly behaved youngster. We have always been told that children were not seated, yet when we arrived I spotted the child, however it was not until he was acting like a child that his presence became disruptive. Unfortunately we were not seated at the Chef's Table in the kitchen.

Pixie dust and happy thoughts

OK, it took me a week or so to read the whole thing, and I really loved it!

I have been to V&A's a few times in the past, but I think I will surprise DH with the Chef's Table for our 10th anniversary (that way I have 2 years to plan).

Mister Disney and Mr. D's K-Man, if you happen to be in WDW from 10/12 to 10/21, I would love to meet the two of yo! The two of you truely are an inspiration. :love:

Congratulations Mr Disney and Mr D's K Man. I didnt think it was possible for you to ever top the "chicken finger" thread , but this one has it beat hands down. Thank you both for sharing your special moment with all of us.

And K Man if you want to get a close approximation to vegemite, mix peanuts, olive oil, and a few of those little cubes of beef boullion a food processor. That is about what it tastes like

Grumpy_Disney_Dad said:
And K Man if you want to get a close approximation to vegemite, mix peanuts, olive oil, and a few of those little cubes of beef boullion a food processor. That is about what it tastes like
That sounds really nasty! Do people actually eat that stuff by choice??? :rotfl2:

Mister Dinsey, I loved this post and promised myself I would only read a page or two and before I knew it I was reading page 24. :rotfl:

My question is in regards to my upcoming trip and first time visit...which of course will also be my first time at Victoria and Albert's. We are not sitting at the Chef's Table, we are in the dining room.

It will be our 8th wedding anniver. but sadly (as I have already posted around here before) my dh will be in the middle of intense chemo treatments. I wanted to know if he was not up to drinking a lot of wine (which we signed up to do the wine pairings), should we share one order of wine pairings? Can you even do that? And how much wine to you actually get per course?

Also, he likes raw fish but is forbidden to have any while on chemo. Should I let them know that? Will they try and help us with food limitations like this? I have no idea what to expect.

He will of course have no hair at that point and may not look as dapper as some (but he will look beautiful to me of course) but he hopes his appearance will not turn others off. I told him thast 'bald was in and very sexy' :banana:

I hope we have a nice time and I pray he will feel like eating a lot. Thanks for your help, I always enjoy your wonderful posts.

Margaret

TruBlu said:
That sounds really nasty! Do people actually eat that stuff by choice??? :rotfl2:
it doesnt taste like peanut butter, it tastes like very salty beef jerky. I figure to each their own . It really isnt any worse than potted meat.

BTW Mr. Disney and K Man , i am anxiously awaiting a special on Food Network based on your dining experiences, or at least a feature movie. WIth the success of Pirates of The Carribean , how could a movie with shackles go wrong?

Allensfan said:
Mister Dinsey, I loved this post and promised myself I would only read a page or two and before I knew it I was reading page 24. :rotfl:

My question is in regards to my upcoming trip and first time visit...which of course will also be my first time at Victoria and Albert's. We are not sitting at the Chef's Table, we are in the dining room.

It will be our 8th wedding anniver. but sadly (as I have already posted around here before) my dh will be in the middle of intense chemo treatments. I wanted to know if he was not up to drinking a lot of wine (which we signed up to do the wine pairings), should we share one order of wine pairings? Can you even do that? And how much wine to you actually get per course?

Also, he likes raw fish but is forbidden to have any while on chemo. Should I let them know that? Will they try and help us with food limitations like this? I have no idea what to expect.

He will of course have no hair at that point and may not look as dapper as some (but he will look beautiful to me of course) but he hopes his appearance will not turn others off. I told him thast 'bald was in and very sexy' :banana:

I hope we have a nice time and I pray he will feel like eating a lot. Thanks for your help, I always enjoy your wonderful posts.

Margaret

When I called to make my V&A ressie, I told them about my allergy to shellfish and the CM advised me that they are very accommodating to people with special dietary needs. You might want to call and have them note the "no raw fish" on your ressie.

Oh, and tell your DH not to worry about being bald, my DP is bald and I think it's kinda sexy. :goodvibes Of course after seeing the food and having a few bites, he'll probably forget all about the hair!

BTW, best wishes to your DH as he goes thru treatment! :wizard:

What a fantastic review of V&A (and what a great thread too)! I'm so glad I did a search on V&A. I'll be dining there with my sister on 11/10, the night before our cruise on the Magic.

We had planned to eat at Boma (as we are staying at AKL), but our plans changed when I receive the gift of V&A. My boss recently took her daughters on their first trip to WDW and I gave them tons of tips and advice, as well as e-mailing a 'picture of the day' to the kids and giving them my brand new PassPorter. She's a wine lover and I had recommended Jiko or V&A as her adults night out experience, telling her I hadn't personally eaten at V&A, but that was considered by those in the know (DISers!) to be one of the finest restaurants around. Well, they did V&A and were blown away! As a thank you, she gave me a certificate for a dinner with wine pairing, knowing I'd be at WDW the night before my cruise! I was pretty much speechless! Thankfully, my sister was game for upgrading our dinner that night (I'll share the cost of her meal with her), so I didn't have to go alone...hehe.

Can't wait for my V&A experience....just hope it doesn't spoil me for the cruise food....I may have to arrange to eat at Palo every night!!

Thanks Mr Disney ( and Kevin) for the review, just brought back great memories of our meal last June(2005). Wish it were possible to do it again!!

Hey - where are you guys???? Don't you have a Sept or October trip coming up????

Greetings from a fellow resident of the Nutmeg state!

Awesome, awesome review.

My wife and I have been to V&A's 4 times, now (though not at the Chefs Table) and absolutely have fallen in love with the place. The food, the atmosphere, the incredibly neat way they brew coffee...and the Hawiian Kona Chocolate Souffle'. To quote Rachel Ray (I know, you prefer Alton....Feasting on Asphalt was very good!): YUM-O!

Mr. D's K-Man said:
This is a very good start ...

coffee.JPG

How would you like your coffee?

The only real coffee I have ever had on property is the coffee at Victoria & Alberts. Mister Disney tried everything under the sun to arrange for real coffee in our room. All the pixie dust in Neverland couldn't pull that off. pixiedust:

We actually bought one of those pots (online...not through disney) after our 2nd trip to V&A's. It brews the best darn coffee ever. I like it even better than press pot coffee. We don't use it frequently (as in, for the morning fix) but break it out at every special occasion and dinner party (we have a 25 cup "thermos" dispensing carafe, since the pots are relatively small) and you would not believe the comments we get when the coffee brews. :)

Edit: And yes, I know I'm responding to a 3 month old post......but I just hadda.

pilferk said:
We actually bought one of those pots (online...not through disney) after our 2nd trip to V&A's. It brews the best darn coffee ever. I like it even better than press pot coffee. We don't use it frequently (as in, for the morning fix) but break it out at every special occasion and dinner party (we have a 25 cup "thermos" dispensing carafe, since the pots are relatively small) and you would not believe the comments we get when the coffee brews. :)

Edit: And yes, I know I'm responding to a 3 month old post......but I just hadda.

Three month old ... it's never too late for COFFEE! :cool1: :cool1:

Now if we could only find a way to get that brand of coffee in the rooms at the resorts. Thank God for Mister Disney who provides me with my MORNING FIX ...

..... of COFFEE!!!
Chock_Hotel_and_Restaurant_F.gif

YO pirate: HO pirate: YO pirate: HO pirate:
pirate: A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter