• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mister Disney and the K-man's Easter Sunday V&A Chef Table Review

Mr. D's K-Man

<font color="purple"><font color="red">Life is unc
Where do I begin?

After our experience on October 16, 2005, I became determined to be the first caller when the Chef’s Table opened for Easter Sunday. The first of my dozen calls was placed at the airport in Orlando while waiting for our return flight to CT. I found out that I was one day too early and was told that the first caller who got through the following morning would get the desired reservation. My quest began Tuesday morning at 6:50 AM. At 7:00:01 I got through and successfully secured the reservation. I truly felt that I hit the lottery and I knew I would be able to give a very special surprise to Bob for his birthday.

Ironically, later that morning, Bob called me rather disappointed to tell me that he was unable to get the Chef’s Table for Easter Sunday, so we had to “settle” on Tuesday, April 18th. I never let on that I had the prized reservation and it was a surprise for him.

As Christmas drew near, I called to see if I could get a written confirmation of the reservation. It arrived the next day!

Our lives became extremely busy as we sold one house and moved into our new home over the Christmas holidays. One night while sitting by the fireplace, Bob told me that our trip to Florida was canceled as we would not be attending the annual trade show in Orlando. My heart sank! I told him “oh, but we have to go”. He pressed me as to why we “had” to go. Faced with the difficult decision, I broke down and told Bob about the reservation. The surprise was gone! I felt really badly that my cherished reservation and prized gift was suddenly worthless.

Regardless, I was determined that we would be going to the Chef’s Table for dinner on Easter Sunday, even if it was a day trip. Over the next 4 months, I worked a lot of extra hours and earned the money for us to be able to afford a 4 day weekend at the Grand Floridian. Over the next 4 months, Bob walked around bragging about his surprise and in great anticipation of our next trip to the Grand.

• Love
Reactions: Nox
As the date approached, and I confirmed our reservation, Israel Perez worked tirelessly with my every request. He met every request and every last detail was perfect. Perhaps the greatest and toughest challenged I presented to him was my request for the harpist to play Bob’s favorite song for us at the Chef’s Table. I asked him to accomplish what had never been done, a harpist playing in the kitchen of V&As. Over a three week period, he worked tirelessly to meet the challenge.

As we arrived for dinner at 5:45 PM, we were warmly greeted by Mark Hoevenaars who welcomed us back and wished Mister Disney a :bday: Happy Birthday. pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

WHAT???!!! That's it????!! Who knew you were such a tease. More please K-man. I want to see if they fit that harp in there.

Kevin, This is the sweetest thing I have ever read. I completely understand being disappointed by having the "surprise" factor taken away but I still think it is so amazing of you to do this for him.
I can't wait for the rest of the review!

Kevin I'm sorry you had to give up the surprise. I can't wait to see pictures and read the food reviews from both of you.

Now, get to it :hourglass

I'm sorry you had to give up the surprise, but Mister Disney got to brag and build you up for planning an amazing birthday dinner. Can't wait for the full review!

Great start so far. Can't wait to hear more. great surprise Kevin too bad it waas somewhat ruined. More more more we need more.

Wonderful start guys!

I was able to talk DH into the Chef's Table for our anniversary dinner this year after he saw the reviews that you and CplofDisneynutz did. We will celebrate our 22 wedding anniversary on June 10 at the Chef's Table:banana: I will be interested in learning about any special pixiedust: as we will be celebrating on the actual date we were married.

DH worked with Israel Perez for my 40th birthday party at V&A's (we had 20 guests in the Fireplace Room) and it was spectacular.

As we arrived for dinner at 5:45 PM, we were warmly greeted by Mark Hoevenaars who welcomed us back and wished Bob a Happy Birthday. We were given the warmest greeting we have ever received at Victoria & Albert’s. Mark had a very warm smile and twinkle in his eye as he winked at me, his signal that everything was in place. Diane had already stepped from behind the podium to come out and give each of us her warmest hug. You arrived and gave us equally warm greetings and told us the kitchen was waiting our arrival.

We began our walk back to the kitchen and I noticed the harp, but no harpist. As we continued our walk back, we received smiles and welcomes from so many of the staff, most of whom remembered us from our many visits. The kitchen door swung open and through all the noises of the pots and pans, we were greeted by staff, especially Sous Chef Aimee who was our chef last Easter and had prepared a special dish for us in October when we dined in the main restaurant.

As we enter the dining room in the rear of the kitchen, we could hear something wonderful, the sound of “Somewhere in Time” coming from a harp. We entered the private dining room and saw a beautiful woman smiling at us as she played Mister Disney’s favorite song.

I turned to see the expression on Mister Disney’s face and noticed his eyes were filled with tears. Through the efforts of so many, “Mister Disney” himself had been reduced to tears running down his cheeks.

pixiedust: More Magic took place in that moment than I have ever experienced in my life. pixiedust:

I can’t thank Israel Perez and the entire staff of the Grand Floridian for that very special gift.

:wizard: You see, no matter what one's demographics, it's never too late to have a happy childhood! :wizard:

I believe in Romance and showing my Love in more than just words! :grouphug:

I'm over here with tears in my eyes just reading about. I would have been a bawling baby if I had been there. So sweet!!!

Enough of the mushy parts :love2:... on with the food!

Just kidding ... what a great surprise :bday:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter