Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, don't mention the Jungle Cruise restaurant! I will spin into planning chaos once and for all!!!!!! :tongue:

But seriously, they have been very hush-hush about an anticipated opening date. I've read that they expect to open "in time for the holidays," but who knows what that means??? November? December? And after the BOG cluster on Monday, I trust nothing date-related that I've read on blogs before. The only thing I trust is this forum!!!

So when this thread comes to end (possibly tomorrow), should we start a new one? I'm still holding out hope that the new Adventureland restaurant in MK will be ready to open in time for our post-Thanksgiving weekend trip.

Hey, I'll need something new to obsess over! It's not like I should be catching up on work or anything :D

I'm going to obsess over what fast passes we should get.

I saw awhile back that it was maybe going to be called Skippers Cantina??? and that it would be like BOG - QS lunch and TS dinner. I'm sure just rumors but that's the info I saw. There is a thread over in Disney rumors.

Ok, so I'm seriously exhausted from lack of sleep. I've had nightmares about this Minnie Holiday meal for 2 nights now. I set an alarm to get up right before6AM after going to bed at 1am. I slept through the alarm and then half alseep checked here to see if I missed opening for booking. I must have dreamed that all of you said YES...GOT IT. and then ALSO dreamed I went into MDE and it was listed. Availability looked like a bingo board with different dates and next to each date was a celebrity head shot and said "Minnie's Holiday and Dine with ______" and the date I wanted was David Hasslehof.....HAHA. I was so disappointed but then grabbed it. Then woke up in a panic b/c I realized I didn't finish "checking out" and didn't get a conf # for my dinner with the characters and the HOF!!

Glad I didn't miss it, but also want this to be over. I am packing all day today and we fly down to the DR early Friday morning. Really hope this opens up tomorrow!

Last edited:
So when this thread comes to end (possibly tomorrow), should we start a new one? I'm still holding out hope that the new Adventureland restaurant in MK will be ready to open in time for our post-Thanksgiving weekend trip.

Hey, I'll need something new to obsess over! It's not like I should be catching up on work or anything :D

Yes we should start a new thread tomorrow or any time sooner. I think I am more interested in Jungle restaurant than Minnie at Hollywood. Fingers crossed it opens by December.

Yes we should start a new thread tomorrow or any time sooner. I think I am more interested in Jungle restaurant than Minnie at Hollywood. Fingers crossed it opens by December.

For some reason I was thinking it would be opened for my trip in November. Not sure where in the world I got that info.

Oh, don't mention the Jungle Cruise restaurant! I will spin into planning chaos once and for all!!!!!! :tongue:

But seriously, they have been very hush-hush about an anticipated opening date. I've read that they expect to open "in time for the holidays," but who knows what that means??? November? December? And after the BOG cluster on Monday, I trust nothing date-related that I've read on blogs before. The only thing I trust is this forum!!!
I believe they are shooting to open when LTT reopens, since they will share a kitchen. Latest date I heard for LTT was 11/20.

Hilarious! After all this time, nightmares, stalking, and 71 pages devoted to this thread, we say to heck with Minnie's, we're going to Skipper's Cantina instead. LOL!!!

I've read "Skipper's Cantina" for the new Jungle Cruise restaurant as well. I'd love a QS lunch at that place... Let me at 'em!!! LOL!

I just spoke with a CM about BOG. I asked if she could find out if my reservation made on Monday would be honored. She talked to her supervisor, and came back and said that they had not heard anything at all suggesting that the reservations would be cancelled. She said that her supervisor laughed and called it a "ridiculous rumor". She did say that if the reservation were to be cancelled, we would receive an official email from Disney Dining letting us know, but that she and her supervisor would be "shocked" if that happened.

Also, she acted like she knew nothing about Minnie's other than that it could be booked tomorrow. It is frustrating that there is so much differentiation in what we hear from CMs!

With everyone here, and all the others who by now have heard about this dinner...if it does go live at 6am tomorrow(plus all the people logging in for their normal 180 day ADRs)...what are the odds the site will crash? I am also wondering what the odds of getting the date and time we need will be at this point since it seems the masses will all be stalking their computers! Good luck everyone! Hoping it won't be as hard as I am worrying it will be!

I just spoke with a CM about BOG. I asked if she could find out if my reservation made on Monday would be honored. She talked to her supervisor, and came back and said that they had not heard anything at all suggesting that the reservations would be cancelled. She said that her supervisor laughed and called it a "ridiculous rumor". She did say that if the reservation were to be cancelled, we would receive an official email from Disney Dining letting us know, but that she and her supervisor would be "shocked" if that happened.

Also, she acted like she knew nothing about Minnie's other than that it could be booked tomorrow. It is frustrating that there is so much differentiation in what we hear from CMs!

I honestly think if they did cancel them they would have a riot on their hands.

I kind of think it's laziness that some CMs "know" nothing. I'm sure they all got the memo with the information I just think some are more willing to help than others. If they didn't get the memo then somebody dropped the ball.

I tried to manually link them using the confirmation numbers and both give me error messages saying they cannot link. Sooooo.... uber worried. :(
I'd definitely call with conf #s in hand. The 2 I booked Monday show in my MDX account as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter