medication in their original containers?

I see in your opening sentence you read the DCL website and it says medications should be in the original containers.
If their is any doubt call Disney Cruise line and get their official answer directly from them, possibility in writing.

Telling someone in authority at the cruise port who is questing the validly of your medication not in their original properly marked bottles/containers that, "people on the internet said they never had a problem" might not go well with them and could cause you to miss your cruise, why take the chance.

Whenever my wife and I travel we always take any medication or vitamins in their original containers to avoid any potential problems. This includes non prescription medications also.

I'd be worried about getting back on the ship going through immigration/customs in a port and having another country say something about my medicine.

I'm taking all of mine and my son's in a bag, like the men's bags that zip down the top - I think it's designed for shave stuff?
And then I have a 7 day divider. When we get to our room I'll dose out what I need and put it on the vanity and the pill bottles in the safe. We both will take our medicine in the room so I don't need to carry it into port

I'd be worried about getting back on the ship going through immigration/customs in a port and having another country say something about my medicine.
That would be true for the European cruises, however you get on and off in the US for the vast majority of DCL cruises. No custom inspections or even luggage x-ray when getting off and DCL only looks for prohibited items when boarding.

That would be true for the European cruises, however you get on and off in the US for the vast majority of DCL cruises. No custom inspections or even luggage x-ray when getting off and DCL only looks for prohibited items when boarding.

i specifically remember coming back on the boat in Nassau and going through a breeze way of sorts with their national guard/version of TSA who randomly searched people and asked for IDs

Yes, but they weren't searching the suitcases you took on the ship when you left Canaveral
I think that we have a misunderstanding here.
I know, and I am aware.
I am more concerned about medication being questioned by authority at a port, than cruise line on embarkation. I wouldn't take unlabeled pills through the port

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter