MAY Solo Trippers POST HERE

I live locally and am in the parks a lot. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know and I'll work my schedule around it. Would love to meet any and all of you!!!

okay time to find - the Dis stuff - I have ....

hope to see you are the swimming pool at SSR - :cool1:

I intend to party!!! :wizard:

Spicey (my cat), is not coming - so I just might go crazy.... :rotfl:

planning on one night at PI - since I will be staying at SSR.

Well, I just realized that one should never advertise that they have just bought into DVC and are going to visit SOLO! LOL

First, my sister sort of invited herself. Now, I just found out that my daughter 'got off work' so itis 'ok' if I use my newly-earned free ticket (bumped flight) to fly her to the World.

But honestly, I am really happy they are coming...I'll get my chance to go solo
one of these days. I will have Saturday to myself...May 7. They are both arriving around midnight that night. And when I realized May 8 was mother's day...well, now I am excited to celebrate it with my kid!

Guess I have to get OFF the solo board for now...I'll be back for Food and Wine shhhh don't tell.

6th solo trip (or is that 7th) from May 3 to May 10 at Pop! Just booked it two days ago, looking forward to the special festivities on the 5th most of all, anyone up to join me for a showing of Millionaire on like May 4th??

ColoradoBelle1 said:
Well, I just realized that one should never advertise that they have just bought into DVC and are going to visit SOLO! LOL

First, my sister sort of invited herself. Now, I just found out that my daughter 'got off work' so itis 'ok' if I use my newly-earned free ticket (bumped flight) to fly her to the World.

But honestly, I am really happy they are coming...I'll get my chance to go solo
one of these days. I will have Saturday to myself...May 7. They are both arriving around midnight that night. And when I realized May 8 was mother's day...well, now I am excited to celebrate it with my kid!

Guess I have to get OFF the solo board for now...I'll be back for Food and Wine shhhh don't tell.

Oh, I don't know that its a problem. I'm single, bought into DVC, and have a couple other timeshares in Orlando. I've invited family but something always comes up (and to be honest, money is a factor) but I expect them to join me sometime in the future. Enjoy Mother's Day with your daughter. Have you considered that she already thought of it?

aubriee said:
I'm doing all three tours at 8:30am--Around the World @ Epcot on a Sedgeway on 5/15, Backstage Safari on 5/16, and KTTK on 5/18.

Hey Aubriee, I was just going back through this thread to see if I was overlapping with anyone, and it looks like you and I are on the same KTTK tour! :)

This will be my first solo trip! I will be staying at the WL ($139 AP rate) on May 18th and 19th. I've never stayed there before but it's one more to knock off on my list to stay at every resort on property! I'm taking the Hidden Treasures tour at Epcot on the morning of the 19th.

If there are any Disers that want to meet up just PM me!

Donna

twocat said:
This will be my first solo trip! I will be staying at the WL ($139 AP rate) on May 18th and 19th. I've never stayed there before but it's one more to knock off on my list to stay at every resort on property! I'm taking the Hidden Treasures tour at Epcot on the morning of the 19th.

If there are any Disers that want to meet up just PM me!

Donna

Donna, if you're talking about Hidden Treasure of the WS, then I will see you at the tour, cause that's the other tour I'm booked for. :)

crcormier said:
Donna, if you're talking about Hidden Treasure of the WS, then I will see you at the tour, cause that's the other tour I'm booked for. :)

I'll delete the messed up post. So glad that I'll have another solo DISer on the tour. If I recall, you have taken several solo trips before. As a newbie solo tripper, albeit one who is very happy in her own company, I'll take whatever advice you can give! Where are you staying? PM me if you want.

I'll be in Orlando alone from May 17 (late at night) until May 21 (lunch time). I have a seminar on the 18th and 19th, with a totally free day on the 20th! I was thinking I'd go to IOA since I will be on I-Drive with a free shuttle to the Universal parks. That means no Disney this trip unless I meet up for dinner or drinks at night. I thought I'd post anyway, because you never know who else might be thinking of IOA on the 20th! I'm also keeping an eye out for any DIS meets at night that I can take a cab down for.

I'll probably head over to Orlando (and most likely WDW) each weekend except for next weekend (May 7th and 8th- flying up to Boston). I haven't checked out Lucky yet, and I can't get enough of the Crush N Gusher (and I need to check out the latest update to Stitch)

Ok, I thought I knew most everything that had to do with the World, but what exactly is Jelly Rolls? I assume its on the boardwalk, correct? And speaking of the boardwalk, how does a "day guest" reach this area? Sorry for the Newbie-ish questions, I'm rather surprised I'm asking them!

Slacking said:
I'll probably head over to Orlando (and most likely WDW) each weekend except for next weekend (May 7th and 8th- flying up to Boston). I haven't checked out Lucky yet, and I can't get enough of the Crush N Gusher (and I need to check out the latest update to Stitch)

Ok, I thought I knew most everything that had to do with the World, but what exactly is Jelly Rolls? I assume its on the boardwalk, correct? And speaking of the boardwalk, how does a "day guest" reach this area? Sorry for the Newbie-ish questions, I'm rather surprised I'm asking them!
Hi Slacking...luv the name ;)
so, your coming up to my neck of the woods!...I am north of Boston. Jelly Rolls, yes it is on the Boardwalk, you can park in the Boardwalks parking lot, not sure what the rules are for people parking without staying on site. I was there las May and drove right into the lot and parked....free of charge, but was staying at the CBR. and I had the "parking sign", actully you could probaly park at any of the areas there to get to Jelly Rolls............

Slacking said:

Howdy, Slacking! Jellyrolls is a great 'dueling pianos' bar, two pianists, switch every hour, singing and playing pretty much anything the audience requests. It's a great time, my last trip I went almost every night. They may hassle you about parking in the Boardwalk's official lot, but if you go past the Boardwalk's entrance up to the traffic light, there is a parking lot on your right that is open for anyone to park in who wants to go to the Boardwalk.

I'll be there May 5-11, staying at the POP, not exactly solo tripper, but a single mom looking for some fun for the evenings, definitely looking to go to PI, especially adventurers club.

:wave2:

:banana: Ill be at the POP May 4th - 8th and will be heading To the Club, most nights pirate: will take in Jelly Rolls also. :bounce: Let me know if youd like to hook up. Doing a solo. :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter