May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

Cayla-
I just wanted to verify that this is your room number. I wrote this down last night on my own itinerary info but today am working on a spreadsheet for FE gifts and noticed your room as 6140 (Team Mickey worksheet).

I saw that typo on the first go around...our cabin is definately 6040!

We got in the wrong lane. After leaving the car hire place keep left!!we missed one turn and could not get back on the right road. We could see the signs & the hotel but just couldn't get back on the right road. Eventually we made our way back to the car rental place and started from scratch.

There are courtesy buses from the terminal to the car hire place

Ahh - I'm hiring a car there too - What was the problem? Is there any advice you can give me as I have so little time (I fly in at 4pm, hire a car until jetlag kicks in and I fall asleep preferably not at the wheel) - An hour delay would kill me I think - On the map the rental center looks soo close - Could you walk it? I won't have bags with me.

:earsboy: I posted this over at Facebook, also, so please excuse me if you've read this...:flower3: While on the cruise, you will undoubtedly be given opportunities to go to an invitational seminar to learn about the Disney Vacation Club.
I thought it might be helpful to some who may be tempted to join DVC while onboard. Please know that we, as members (and by we I mean ANY of us!) not only would love to have you join, but we can answer a lot of your residual questions. Also, by writing any of our names down, you may get perks, and we do too.
I wish I had had the luck of speaking to a member beforehand; I was nervous and unsure how many points to buy; like, how much is not enough? How much is too much? So, if you are thinking about it, please ask a member and put their name down as a referral. Thank you! Jacquie Skurla (gramfrog) :cloud9::yay:

:earsboy: I posted this over at Facebook, also, so please excuse me if you've read this...:flower3: While on the cruise, you will undoubtedly be given opportunities to go to an invitational seminar to learn about the Disney Vacation Club.
I thought it might be helpful to some who may be tempted to join DVC while onboard. Please know that we, as members (and by we I mean ANY of us!) not only would love to have you join, but we can answer a lot of your residual questions. Also, by writing any of our names down, you may get perks, and we do too.
I wish I had had the luck of speaking to a member beforehand; I was nervous and unsure how many points to buy; like, how much is not enough? How much is too much? So, if you are thinking about it, please ask a member and put their name down as a referral. Thank you! Jacquie Skurla (gramfrog) :cloud9::yay:

I 2nd what Jacquie posted, I am happy to talk to anyone thinking of joining DVC as we have been members for some 12 or 13 years and own at Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Bay Lake Towers. We have referred many friends from here in the UK over the years (We DON'T qualify for any referal awards, it's UK law) and all are happy with the ownership. Also DVC can be bought by resale even cheaper than via Disney, however if you are contemplating buying, then I am happy to chat over at length any question onboard.

Wow! That sounds Awesome!!!

Hi Everyone

I know I haven't posted in a while but so excited today. I was able to book a meal on June 1 at TICKETS in Barcelona. This restaurant is owned by Albert and Ferran Adrià, who owned ElBulli, the number 1 restaurant in the world for many years. They book 60 days in advance only and fill up the day it is available, much like Disney Dining. Cant wait for that experience to top off our incredible cruise.

Lawrence:cool1:

This is the last call for anyone interested in the Recipe Exchange. PM me if you are interested. Then I will post/pm the list this weekend.

Missy

I 2nd what Jacquie posted, I am happy to talk to anyone thinking of joining DVC as we have been members for some 12 or 13 years and own at Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Bay Lake Towers. We have referred many friends from here in the UK over the years (We DON'T qualify for any referal awards, it's UK law) and all are happy with the ownership. Also DVC can be bought by resale even cheaper than via Disney, however if you are contemplating buying, then I am happy to chat over at length any question onboard.

We too, are very happy DVC members!

So, I suppose we'll be meeting each other at the DVC sessions on board!:banana:

We've set off on our fantastic journey and what a start. We were sat next to Sean bean on the flight out (he was heading to New Orleans to film wicked blood) it certainly put Helen's blood pressure up as she fancies the pants off him. Got settled at the Hyatt regency in Dallas and had a fantastic day seeing the sights in Dallas with Mandy, Curt & the girls (thanks guys) with the added bonus of touring the Southwest Airlines HQ. Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing southfork

Paul & Helen
Oh. My. Goodness. Like your wife, I also fancy the pants off of him :rotfl::love:

I'm insanely jealous :rolleyes1. And how fun that you got to hang with Mandy and her family!

And I thought Sean Bean was beheaded and had his head on a spike outside Kings Landing? :)
:rotfl:

We've had this discussion, but I forgot the conclusion. Is the ship as good a place as any to get 100 euroes?...these would be for cab fares primarily.

Thanks.

Private Chocolate Alcoholic Tasting Class
If anyone is interested in participating, please sign up here - the cost will be $30/person, we have already met the minimum of 50 people required for two separate private events. Tentative date would be May 27th, probably around 2 or 3 PM. A SECOND class has been requested, with date requested of May 29th at 2 PM - BOTH classes have been requested to be held in Diversions, but I have not had confirmation of dates/times of EITHER class as of Apr 17.........will check with DCL on Friday if I still haven't heard anything.

CONFIRMATION E-MAILS HAVE BEEN SENT TO ALL WHO HAVE SIGNED UP FOR EITHER CLASS WITH YOUR DATE ASSIGNMENT AT THE E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED - PLEASE CHECK YOUR DATES AND LET ME KNOW IF THEY NEED TO BE CHANGED ASAP!

sorry I can't find my email please could you resend TTxx

We've had this discussion, but I forgot the conclusion. Is the ship as good a place as any to get 100 euroes?...these would be for cab fares primarily.

Thanks.
Where would you get 100 euros from on the ship? There aren't any ATMs on board from what I remember; can you get cash from the purser?

European ATMs tend to be heavy on the charges these days adding an amount onto whatever your bank will charge you for conversion.

On the previous 2 WBTA's and a Med Cruise Guest Services had a notice stating the guest could change up to a number of Dollars for Euro's or vice versa, others may know better, however it was something like $250.00
It could of all changed of course.

Hope this helps

previous EBTA we were able to exchange Euros and pounds on the ship, they told us to keep our receipt they gave us and when we got back on board, they would exchange them back for the same rate as long as we had our receipt. It was very handy at each port as we just exchanged on the ship with no fees.

Same here, been DVC since 2001. In fact this cruise is on points! Glad to answer questions and give thoughts and pointers to any one.

Where would you get 100 euros from on the ship? There aren't any ATMs on board from what I remember; can you get cash from the purser?

European ATMs tend to be heavy on the charges these days adding an amount onto whatever your bank will charge you for conversion.
DCL usually does currency exchange, BUT their rate stinks. It was less costly to use an ATM shore side actually.

Cayla

previous EBTA we were able to exchange Euros and pounds on the ship, they told us to keep our receipt they gave us and when we got back on board, they would exchange them back for the same rate as long as we had our receipt. It was very handy at each port as we just exchanged on the ship with no fees.
As I recall, a guest could return bills but not coins.

Woody

celebrating my hubby Mike's birthday today, looking forward to celebrating on the ship and our first visit to the lone star state ttxx:bday:

On the previous 2 WBTA's and a Med Cruise Guest Services had a notice stating the guest could change up to a number of Dollars for Euro's or vice versa, others may know better, however it was something like $250.00
It could of all changed of course.

Hope this helps

Thanks!

Good idea. Posted a reply on this on FB but will do so here as well...

We to are DVC members, been since 2007 and added points numerous times (last on our Cruise in March).
Home resorts: Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Baylake Towers
We initially joined DVC with the intent of using the points for cruises, this cruise been paid for with points (and so have numerous others before this one as well numerous resort stays).

Anyone ever considered joining DVC or are on the fence feel free to talk with any of us DVC members (we will get you to take the leap and the best rates you will ever get is on a Cruise so adding points or signing up first time is bst to do on a cruise, besides discounted points you tend to get a lot of other great incentives like OBC, cash off bonus, and possibly more). PS if you like to go to WDW as a DVC member you get Florida resident rates on the park passes....

Would be happy to speak to anyone that want to know more or want considering joining but unsure if it's a great value (personally believe this might be one of THE best investments we ever done).

Eje or Beverly Gustafsson - stateroom 8550

So, I suppose we'll be meeting each other at the DVC sessions on board!:banana:

Another member here :cool1: I bought resale at Saratoga Springs early in 2012. I thought it would be far more complicated than it was buying from overseas as a foreigner, but it all went smoothly. Was thrilled with my first stay last year (SSR & AKV), and am now eyeing up a Hawaii DVC stay in a couple of years.

People can feel free to ask me Qs, but tbh I only crunched through whether it made sense for me and I'm a bit unusual as a DVC member, being single, childless, and a foreigner. I don't know how relevant my experience would be to others. (I don't know how my country's law works on this front so best not to use me as a referrer either.)

What I wanted to say here though: the DVC member event I went to on the first day of my last cruise was the first time I felt part of a "club", if that makes sense? Was a really fun meet & greet, free drinks (I'll say that again...FREE DRINKS!), some DVC-branded freebies, games, etc so I highly recommend other members take the time to go. Looking forward to meeting fellow DVCers this time too! Who else is planning on going?

It's dangerous though, be careful of add-on-itis hitting like a brick (I resisted last time...) :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter