May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

Just checked and my GTY room was assigned. It's possible everyone elses may have been assigned also.

That would be awesome!! For those on FE, Candy Swap, etc --- please get your stateroom numbers to event coordinators asap as many are leaving soon (if not already)! The countdown is ON!!!! WooHoo!!! :)

Just checked and my GTY room was assigned. It's possible everyone elses may have been assigned also.

Yeaaahhhhh thanks Jason that was a lovely surprise to wake up to today, mine is there also.

Please send your cabins numbers in ASAP

only waiting on the following for fe list

The eighthdwarf cabin received
Princess monkey
1stdc2013 cabin received
Cabinfever2013
Themonkeylady
Farnmor
Thepedersonfamily
AashleySEG

My rock star parents bought us DVC on our Alaska cruise last year. We are absolutely thrilled with it -- even though we haven't even used it yet haha.

We are staying in a 2BR at AKV (our home) for Christmas. I can't even begin to tell you how stoked I am to be able to have that huge space, kitchen, and Premium AP for $300 off each.

This is the last call for anyone interested in the Recipe Exchange. PM me if you are interested. Then I will post/pm the list this weekend.

Missy

Hi missy

Could I just get numbers of how many are taking part ASAP, it's just I leave on Wednesday and im working sun/mon/tues 12hour shifts so today is the only day I have I do them.

Thanks Sarah

Another member here :cool1: I bought resale at Saratoga Springs early in 2012. I thought it would be far more complicated than it was buying from overseas as a foreigner, but it all went smoothly. Was thrilled with my first stay last year (SSR & AKV), and am now eyeing up a Hawaii DVC stay in a couple of years.

People can feel free to ask me Qs, but tbh I only crunched through whether it made sense for me and I'm a bit unusual as a DVC member, being single, childless, and a foreigner. I don't know how relevant my experience would be to others. (I don't know how my country's law works on this front so best not to use me as a referrer either.)

What I wanted to say here though: the DVC member event I went to on the first day of my last cruise was the first time I felt part of a "club", if that makes sense? Was a really fun meet & greet, free drinks (I'll say that again...FREE DRINKS!), some DVC-branded freebies, games, etc so I highly recommend other members take the time to go. Looking forward to meeting fellow DVCers this time too! Who else is planning on going?

It's dangerous though, be careful of add-on-itis hitting like a brick (I resisted last time...) :scratchin

We usually go to meet others and find out if anything new is going on. Yes, add-on-itis has caught us several times but I'm stronger now and retired!

Awaiting the Magic to meander her way around the jetties and into port! Wanting to get a good idea of timing as last time she was docked by 6:40am (it is 6am now)

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

the first cam to watch is Harbor Cam, then Pier 23, then Cruise (where she docks)

waiting for the Magic to come in, I poked around DCL website to see current availability:

11C - gty
11A - 1
10A - 4
9D - 0 (deck 1)
9C - 2
9B - gty
9A - 6
6A - 1
5C - gty
5B - 1
5A - 4
4B - 8 (which means could be more - DCL only displays 8 and have to randomly test additional cabin numbers specifically)
4A - 4
-----------------
31 cabins total (I counted 63 the other day before *gty was assigned)

No HA cabins - but those were sold out Thanksgiving week when I was searching for a wheelchair-bound friend wanting a balcony (he ended up going with NCL since no availability). And in some cases booked on opening day. One popped available at PIF date but looks assigned now.

watching it now thanks for the heads up ttxx

Wasn't she beautiful making that turn? Glistening in the morning sun?

Last week she was at pier by 6:40. I called Port Authority recently for those of us venturing down that morning to watch sail-in. I think our timeframe will be great for grabbing Starbucks and meandering to the pier to watch her come into sight:

5:50 am - meet in lobby of Tremont
5:55 am - head out the doors towards the pier via Starbucks (map of Starbucks)
6:00 am - should be able to see where she is in case anyone needs to make a dash into Starbucks
6:15 am - be down behind the Harbor House / Willie G's area to watch the Magic 'round the jetties to the right in our view.
7:00 am - pending weather, the Magic should be docked and we can disperse

We've set off on our fantastic journey and what a start. We were sat next to Sean bean on the flight out (he was heading to New Orleans to film wicked blood) it certainly put Helen's blood pressure up as she fancies the pants off him. Got settled at the Hyatt regency in Dallas and had a fantastic day seeing the sights in Dallas with Mandy, Curt & the girls (thanks guys) with the added bonus of touring the Southwest Airlines HQ. Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing southfork

Paul & Helen

We have had a blast being tourists with Paul, Helen & Grace the past two days!! On Friday we visited the brand new President George W. Bush Presidential Center on the SMU campus, introduced them to TexMex at Chuy's (originated in Austin, and they promptly compared the room we were in to Parrot Cay!), dropped my hubby off to work, and then we ventured out to see SouthFork Ranch. It was really neat to finally visit it. Much of the new TNT Series (the Reboot) has been filmed there or in Dallas -- not in LA like original series. We even saw the Mexican hotel room where JR was shot! (No spoilers on who shot JR... Helen has not seen the last two episodes yet)

Letting them practice their YeeHaw on their own today while we have soccer games and Jimmy Buffett concert... but looking forward to meeting up with them at the Tremont for pre-cruise!!

We have had a blast being tourists with Paul, Helen & Grace the past two days!! On Friday we visited the brand new President George W. Bush Presidential Center on the SMU campus, introduced them to TexMex at Chuy's (originated in Austin, and they promptly compared the room we were in to Parrot Cay!), dropped my hubby off to work, and then we ventured out to see SouthFork Ranch. It was really neat to finally visit it. Much of the new TNT Series (the Reboot) has been filmed there or in Dallas -- not in LA like original series. We even saw the Mexican hotel room where JR was shot! (No spoilers on who shot JR... Helen has not seen the last two episodes yet)

Letting them practice their YeeHaw on their own today while we have soccer games and Jimmy Buffett concert... but looking forward to meeting up with them at the Tremont for pre-cruise!!
That sounds so fun. And how lovely that you were able to take them around!

2 WEEKS..... 14 DAYS.. ONE more Saturday before we set sail for our wonderful Magic voyage...... :crazy2:

Just to let you know, that I have been allocated my favourite Deck 6 sideways cabin - 6507, which I am very happy about.:thumbsup2

Mandy,
I just sent my room numbers to fe/candy swap organizers. I see that we are neighbors - deck 7 across from the laundry. Looks like a great location!

Lauri

Yeaaahhhhh thanks Jason that was a lovely surprise to wake up to today, mine is there also.

Please send your cabins numbers in ASAP

only waiting on the following for fe list

The eighthdwarf
Princess monkey
1stdc2013
Cabinfever2013
Themonkeylady
Farnmor
Thepedersonfamily
AashleySEG

I think we are also missing jhill10428 as well. Thanks for all your work Binktell.:cheer2::cheer2: You have been awesome.

My rock star parents bought us DVC on our Alaska cruise last year. We are absolutely thrilled with it -- even though we haven't even used it yet haha.

We are staying in a 2BR at AKV (our home) for Christmas. I can't even begin to tell you how stoked I am to be able to have that huge space, kitchen, and Premium AP for $300 off each.

:thumbsup2 you'll love it.

2 WEEKS..... 14 DAYS.. ONE more Saturday before we set sail for our wonderful Magic voyage...... :crazy2:

Yeah! :dance3::cheer2:

I 2nd what Jacquie posted, I am happy to talk to anyone thinking of joining DVC as we have been members for some 12 or 13 years and own at Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom Lodge/Bay Lake Towers. . ... I am happy to chat and answer any question onboard.

me too. I have owned at Old Key West since 1993 and been to either WDW or DL twice per year since then! Happy to chat and answer questions with anyone about DVC/WDW/DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter