May 18, 2013 Magic EBTA Part Two - From Tejas to España

Thanks to everyone who responded to the lanyard poll! :goodvibes

Results:
  • (13) unique DIS lanyard with badge holder and DIS insert (100 lanyards minimum)
  • (8) only badge holder and DIS insert (nametag) you add to your own lanyard
  • (7) only DIS insert (nametag) you add to your own badge holder / lanyard
  • (4) instead of lanyard/badge use a jelly bracelet instead
  • (1) does not matter to me - I prefer to remain anonymous onboard

...?

Well, I probably voted for the whole package, and would still go with that. As a second choice, I would want an insert at least, identifying with the group.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Well, I probably voted for the whole package, and would still go with that. As a second choice, I would want an insert at least, identifying with the group.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I think the insert is a "given" that we'll do that part for sure (we had 28 of 33 votes that included the insert). :thumbsup2

Any design ideas? An existing design? An existing design modified to fit? A new design? Still use the "From Tejas to Espana" idea?

I think the insert is a "given" that we'll do that part for sure (we had 28 of 33 votes that included the insert). :thumbsup2

Any design ideas? An existing design? An existing design modified to fit? A new design? Still use the "From Tejas to Espana" idea?
I love the design that you have as your avatar. Would that work for an insert or be too busy?

I voted for just the insert, I think. I loved when we went on our second cruise that we were welcomed back by all the CMs those first few days. It was a really neat touch. I look forward to that again.

I love the design that you have as your avatar. Would that work for an insert or be too busy?

I voted for just the insert, I think. I loved when we went on our second cruise that we were welcomed back by all the CMs those first few days. It was a really neat touch. I look forward to that again.

I have some "less busy" ones for sure. I started plain and kept embellishing ;)

Can do one of these first images near the bottom with the name printed in large block above the graphic in a different color

I think your example is why there was discussion a while back -- CMs relying on DCL badge color for that extra special greeting. Someone also mentioned if if KTTW card went missing and person not using it wearing incorrect color badge, is a clue to CM that might not be that person's KTTW card.

If you can reply to this post, it might help see who is staying in what vicinity pre-cruise. You can list your hotel or leave blank, but just quote/respond if you would like me to add you to this post, which is linked to the first page to help organize it some :) No need to add to the original text - just a reply will suffice and I will edit post #487 to update your info :)

Galveston
Precruise Meet: 7:00 pm on 5/17 at Rooftop Bar of Tremont
Tubbsteruk (Tremont starting the 15th)
MandyGirl (Tremont)
binkytell (Tremont)
Tink1987 (Tremont)
BigHugsForEeyore (Tremont)
chrisandedfromCT (Tremont)
Goofynewfie (Tremont)
Lysand (Tremont)
Maza (Tremont)
gonecrusin (Tremont)
SaraCat (Tremont on the 17th)
Goofy39.3 (Harbor House on 16th and 17th)
DavidaTN (Galvez)
NancyIL (Galvez)

Houston Hobby Area
Viking53 (Hampton Inn Hobby Airport)
ThePedersonFamily (Hampton Inn Hobby Airport)
birkner (Hampton Inn and Suites, League City near Hobby)
ramadden13 (tbd)
1stDC2013 (Lives near Hobby)

Houston IAH Area
kaseyC (IAH Marriott)
Kirbo (IAH Marriott)
kris3kid (IAH Marriott)
Carys (IAH Marriott)
bobbiwoz (Town Place Suites)
sumeto (Country Inn & Suites By Carlson)

Other (Houston Area)
SaraCat (Lancaster Hotel in Houston on the 16th May and then moving to the Tremont on the 17th)

I'm at the Galvez - Fri. 17th

Just waiting to hear from Chris, our intrepid webmaster, on who is interested in the Champagne Girls event and what days work before I contact DCL.

Any one that want to contact me directly may send me the information via PM

Thanks to everyone who responded to the lanyard poll! :goodvibes

Results:
  • (13) unique DIS lanyard with badge holder and DIS insert (100 lanyards minimum)
  • (8) only badge holder and DIS insert (nametag) you add to your own lanyard
  • (7) only DIS insert (nametag) you add to your own badge holder / lanyard
  • (4) instead of lanyard/badge use a jelly bracelet instead
  • (1) does not matter to me - I prefer to remain anonymous onboard

The question now is -- with 13 responding wanting a lanyard - is that enough to get the minimum 100 needed to order? (Going off a recommended company that has been used in the past - such as this one but prices have increased slightly) If all 13 contributed to the Lanyard Team (of about $20 donation) then we could fund 100 lanyards. Remember, no money can change hands via DCL or DISboards but as a team we can make a contribution to fund the lanyards.

Or - if not that demand - if we create a design, get the list of names, and print the insert, can have these available if someone doesn't have extra clear sealable plastic badge holders from previous cruises. Add this to new lanyard received onboard.

This weekend at Party City while looking for Dr. Seuss costumes, both of my daughters just had to have a cutesy lanyard. I had to chuckle at my little one wearing her's around the house afterwards.

Thoughts now that the results of the poll are available? :confused3

Noel - your input? I know you have coordinated these before, but I think our rollcall then was much larger. It seems the majority do want a DIS insert for sure, just don't think all want the unique lanyard. Your thoughts and advice?

My thoughts are that there are not enough people interested in having a unique lanyard to be worth making one. I would make an insert for the ones DCL hands out.

We had over 200 people respond on both the 2010 and 2011 WBTA. Just my thoughts. Would you like me to post this on FB as well?

My thoughts are that there are not enough people interested in having a unique lanyard to be worth making one. I would make an insert for the ones DCL hands out.

We had over 200 people respond on both the 2010 and 2011 WBTA. Just my thoughts. Would you like me to post this on FB as well?

You are saying what my gut instincts are telling me, Noel. Even with the 2014 WBTA I bet we would have 150+ respond. Heck, we're already taking over a hotel, 7 Palo brunches, etc.

For three bucks, I can pick up those additional badge holders to have available. The insert can go in that or if someone brings their nicer sealable previous badge holder from a DCL lanyard to reuse onboard.

I have some "less busy" ones for sure. I started plain and kept embellishing ;)

Can do one of these first images near the bottom with the name printed in large block above the graphic in a different color

I think your example is why there was discussion a while back -- CMs relying on DCL badge color for that extra special greeting. Someone also mentioned if if KTTW card went missing and person not using it wearing incorrect color badge, is a clue to CM that might not be that person's KTTW card.
I hadn't even thought about that, but it makes sense.

You are saying what my gut instincts are telling me, Noel. Even with the 2014 WBTA I bet we would have 150+ respond. Heck, we're already taking over a hotel, 7 Palo brunches, etc.

For three bucks, I can pick up those additional badge holders to have available. The insert can go in that or if someone brings their nicer sealable previous badge holder from a DCL lanyard to reuse onboard.
That really sounds like a very cool group! I hope we aren't too dull in comparison :rotfl:. Seriously though, it truly sounds like a magical group to travel with :love:

That really sounds like a very cool group! I hope we aren't too dull in comparison :rotfl:. Seriously though, it truly sounds like a magical group to travel with :love:

Oh no - by no means are we dull! :grouphug: However, I cannot keep up with the DIS thread and facebook for that cruise - it moves SO quickly! (where is the head-spinning emoticon?) But seriously - we had the 2011 WBTA, having never met one another, and for most of us the 2014 WBTA will be our next time to cruise together. A few are doing this EBTA 2013, but most were holding out for a WBTA. That's why I laughed when writing that other post - if someone mentioned lanyards over there, we'd already have someone designing, the poll for group name has already been in place, and donations rolling in for the lanyard team. There are over 150 on rollcall already and the itinerary was just announced less than two weeks ago. :lmao:

Are there any event date placeholders we need to mark on our calendar? Or tentative "asking DCL" dates to denote? Want to make sure I don't miss any :goodvibes

Calendar of Events (DIS activities included)

• Day Date (Port) Event
    [*]Friday 17th (Galveston PreCruise) 7:00 p.m. Tremont Rooftop Bar and Tremont Hotel Group Rate (info)
    [*]Saturday 18th (Galveston, TX) All Aboard Meet-and-Greet 3:00 p.m.
    [*]Sunday 19th At Sea (Formal Night) PJ Breakfast (8:45 a.m.), Toddler Meet and Greet (11:00 a.m.)
    [*]Monday 20th At Sea
    [*]Tuesday 21st (Castaway Cay)
    [*]Wednesday 22nd At Sea
    [*]Thursday 23rd At Sea Pin Trading at Diversions 10:30 a.m.
    [*]Friday 24th At Sea (Pirate Night) pirate:
    [*]Saturday 25th At Sea (Semi-Formal Night)
    [*]Sunday 26th At Sea
    [*]Monday 27th At Sea
    [*]Tuesday 28th (Madeira)
    [*]Wednesday 29th At Sea (Formal Night)
    [*]Thursday 30th (Gibraltar) DIS Private Gibraltar Tour
    [*]Friday 31st At Sea
    [*]Saturday 1st Barcelona ashore 8:00 a.m.

Special Dining Nights (all are at sea days)
  • Sun 5/19 - Formal
  • Fri 5/24 - Pirate Night
  • Sat 5/25 - Semi-Formal
  • Wed 5/29 - Formal
  • Official DCL Dress Code is stated here and dining tips are located here

Some of our Popular DIS activities
(linked to organizer's post on first page of this thread they will keep updated)

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best place to purchase 1 day 2 park Disneyland Paris tickets? We are planning to take the train from Paris to spend the day at the parks.

Just waiting to hear from Chris, our intrepid webmaster, on who is interested in the Champagne Girls event and what days work before I contact DCL.

Any one that want to contact me directly may send me the information via PM

Hi! I still need to take the poll. I didn't vote, because I don't really care about when -- I'm down for champagne anytime! Just don't want to go on formal, semi-formal, Pirate nights or when we are going to Palo (5/27).

Hi! I still need to take the poll. I didn't vote, because I don't really care about when -- I'm down for champagne anytime! Just don't want to go on formal, semi-formal, Pirate nights or when we are going to Palo (5/27).

Were you thinking the 'Til We Meet Again Luncheon for last sea day? I can put that down if so. (Literally just keep a count of who is coming, give Lumiere's a heads-up, and we show up as the place us all on one side of the restaurant)

We combined Secret Mickey Reveal with that as well since all gives had been given.

Oh no - by no means are we dull! :grouphug: However, I cannot keep up with the DIS thread and facebook for that cruise - it moves SO quickly! (where is the head-spinning emoticon?) But seriously - we had the 2011 WBTA, having never met one another, and for most of us the 2014 WBTA will be our next time to cruise together. A few are doing this EBTA 2013, but most were holding out for a WBTA. That's why I laughed when writing that other post - if someone mentioned lanyards over there, we'd already have someone designing, the poll for group name has already been in place, and donations rolling in for the lanyard team. There are over 150 on rollcall already and the itinerary was just announced less than two weeks ago. :lmao:
Has that one come close to selling out? Have the rates gone up?

You know, it really sounds like a group that will be sailing together for many years to come!

Has that one come close to selling out? Have the rates gone up?

You know, it really sounds like a group that will be sailing together for many years to come!

The rates were just too good to not book when they came out. I really had no intention of booking with school schedules, but at $770 per adult (inside) and $644 per child - for 14 nights - plus ports we haven't seen - I had to at least book it. We have enough frequent flyer miles to get over there, and by then Southwest will be flying out of San Juan so cheap flights home hopefully. Lots still left.

EBTA has been a hard-sell for Disney though.

The rates were just too good to not book when they came out. I really had no intention of booking with school schedules, but at $770 per adult (inside) and $644 per child - for 14 nights - plus ports we haven't seen - I had to at least book it. We have enough frequent flyer miles to get over there, and by then Southwest will be flying out of San Juan so cheap flights home hopefully. Lots still left.

EBTA has been a hard-sell for Disney though.
:cheer2:

Why is the EB a harder sell, do you think? For us it's easier to miss the end of the school year than the beginning. Well, that's not true, we can miss either, I just feel as fi they should be there for the start of the year so they can mesh with the class. But I'm curious why it's a harder sell. Especially since so many don't bring their kids either way.

:cheer2:

Why is the EB a harder sell, do you think? For us it's easier to miss the end of the school year than the beginning. Well, that's not true, we can miss either, I just feel as fi they should be there for the start of the year so they can mesh with the class. But I'm curious why it's a harder sell. Especially since so many don't bring their kids either way.

So many prefer to tie in Disney World (but then again, the WBTA is Barcelona to San Juan...). Galveston is a little tricker with transportation logistics to port, especially with only one car rental agency in Galveston versus several at Port Canaveral. Some just look at our EBTA itinerary and think "boring" - but they have yet to discover "Sea Days" and their awesomeness.

Several private schools around me finish May 17 (perfect timing) as well as colleges. A great time to cruise over there. Most public schools in Texas end during the first week of school because of a state mandate to not start school prior to the fourth Monday of August. Can't fit all the days in.

We booked this EBTA on opening day, started participating in this thread right after ValBob set it up, and are super duper excited for it and to meet everyone! Eleven weeks and five days..... :cheer2:

Were you thinking the 'Til We Meet Again Luncheon for last sea day? I can put that down if so. (Literally just keep a count of who is coming, give Lumiere's a heads-up, and we show up as the place us all on one side of the restaurant)

We combined Secret Mickey Reveal with that as well since all gives had been given.

Yes!!! I believe Yvet has given me the thumbs up on combining (assuming we even have SM since only very few have shown interest). C'mon guys, it's super fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter