Lysand (Tremont)
Maza (Tremont)
SaraCat (Tremont on the 17th)
DavidaTN (Galvez)
NancyIL (Galvez)

Houston Hobby Area
Viking53 (Hampton Inn Hobby Airport)
ramadden13 (tbd)
birkner (Hampton Inn and Suites, League City near Hobby)
1stDC2013 (Lives near Hobby)

Houston IAH Area
kaseyC (IAH Marriott)
Kirbo (IAH Marriott)
kris3kid (IAH Marriott)
bobbiwoz (Town Place Suites)
sumeto (Country Inn & Suites By Carlson)

Other (Houston Area)
SaraCat (Lancaster Hotel in Houston on the 16th May and then moving to the Tremont on the 17th)

Another piece in the puzzle sorted! Flight booked back from Barcelona. (We are also staying at IAH Marriott the night prior to the cruise).

Yesterday afternoon dad and I looked at each other and said - must be time for a 2 for 1 cocktail special, if we were on the Magic. Then 30 minutes later he said - I'm ready for my second cocktail, you'll need to get your own 2 for 1 today :lmao:

If you can reply to this post, it might help see who is staying in what vicinity pre-cruise. You can list your hotel or leave blank, but just quote/respond if you would like me to add you to this post, which is linked to the first page to help organize it some :) No need to add to the original text - just a reply will suffice and I will edit post #487 to update your info :)

Galveston
Precruise Meet: 7:00 pm on 5/17 at Rooftop Bar of Tremont
Tubbsteruk (Tremont starting the 15th)
MandyGirl (Tremont)
binkytell (Tremont)
Tink1987 (Tremont)
BigHugsForEeyore (Tremont)
chrisandedfromCT (Tremont)
Goofynewfie (Tremont) CCTV
Lysand (Tremont)
Maza (Tremont)
DavidaTN (Galvez)
NancyIL (Galvez)

Houston Hobby Area
ramadden13 (tbd)

Houston IAH Area
kaseyC (IAH Marriott)
Kirbo (IAH Marriott)
kris3kid (IAH Marriott)

Other (Houston Area)
SaraCat (Lancaster Hotel in Houston on the 16th May and then moving to the Tremont on the 17th)

We are staying at the Harbor House in Galveston Thur and Fri night.

DS just told me that a kid in his class and her family is also on this cruise! I wonder if they'll join the DIS??? Really nice family. The girl is in third grade and her brother (who also shares the same name as DS) is in kindergarten. Very sweet kids.

Someone said this would be odd if you met on the ship...well that happened to me! I was at the DVC desk and all of sudden there is a co-worker of mine!! I asked him "what are you doing on MY ship?" he asked me the same...we laughed and went our seperate ways. We do chat about DVC occosionally, but we use our DVC SO differently that it is more of a "how's it going" kind of conversation!

padalyn said:
Someone said this would be odd if you met on the ship...well that happened to me! I was at the DVC desk and all of sudden there is a co-worker of mine!! I asked him "what are you doing on MY ship?" he asked me the same...we laughed and went our seperate ways. We do chat about DVC occosionally, but we use our DVC SO differently that it is more of a "how's it going" kind of conversation!

I bet that's really interesting though to see how different people do use it.

Love it!

My mom jokes that there are only 20 people in the world and the rest is done with mirrors.

If you can reply to this post, it might help see who is staying in what vicinity pre-cruise. You can list your hotel or leave blank, but just quote/respond if you would like me to add you to this post, which is linked to the first page to help organize it some :) No need to add to the original text - just a reply will suffice and I will edit post #487 to update your info :)

Galveston
MandyGirl (Tremont)
binkytell (Tremont)
Tink1987 (Tremont)
Goofynewfie (Tremont)
Lysand (Tremont)
Maza (Tremont)
Goofy39.3 (Harbor House on 16th and 17th)
DavidaTN (Galvez)
NancyIL (Galvez)

Houston Hobby Area
ramadden13 (tbd)

Houston IAH Area
kaseyC (IAH Marriott)
Kirbo (IAH Marriott)
kris3kid (IAH Marriott)
Carys (IAH Marriott)

Other (Houston Area)

We are at the Hampton Inn airport property in Hobby!! :goodvibes

Galveston
MandyGirl (Tremont)
binkytell (Tremont)
Tink1987 (Tremont)
Goofynewfie (Tremont)
Lysand (Tremont)
Maza (Tremont)
Goofy39.3 (Harbor House on 16th and 17th)
DavidaTN (Galvez)
NancyIL (Galvez)

Houston Hobby Area
ramadden13 (tbd)

Houston IAH Area
kaseyC (IAH Marriott)
Kirbo (IAH Marriott)
kris3kid (IAH Marriott)
Carys (IAH Marriott)

Other (Houston Area)

GONECRUSIN (Tremont)

Congrats!!! :) That is still on our bucket list!

Someday!

:welcome::welcome:

Hi,

Myself & DW Helen will be travelling with our DD Grace who is also 4. She loved the last cruise and met some wonderful friends. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Paul

Welcome!

Haha that is awesome! Once when I was on vacation, I got on the Cascades with a BFF in Seattle to go to Portland to see our other BFF. My parents were on the train! I knew they were on vacation to see my Aunt, but had no idea they had stopped in Seattle first!

Kirbo said:
Love it!

My mom jokes that there are only 20 people in the world and the rest is done with mirrors.

Haha that's awesome! I've never heard that before!

Still to book our hotel in Houston, as first time there we will stay in the city and get our own way to the port

see you all soon ttxx

We have several that way! I think we have a couple families from Scotland flying in early, as well as from London area and Canada. They are either doing a one-way car rental from Enterprise or a car service to Galveston. This is definitely a "new embarkation port" for lots of people on this cruise. :goodvibes

Just putting this out there - I will be needing a ride from IAH to Tremont on Friday night about 7:00.

I haven't made any arrangements yet for transportation - I was hoping to be able to share with someone.

If you are interested in sharing a ride please let me know. It's just me and a suitcase.

Thanks

Just putting this out there - I will be needing a ride from IAH to Tremont on Friday night about 7:00.

I haven't made any arrangements yet for transportation - I was hoping to be able to share with someone.

If you are interested in sharing a ride please let me know. It's just me and a suitcase.

Thanks

Want me to add "ride sharing" to that "precruise hotels" post? Help raise awareness?

Thanks to everyone who responded to the lanyard poll! :goodvibes

Results:
  • (13) unique DIS lanyard with badge holder and DIS insert (100 lanyards minimum)
  • (8) only badge holder and DIS insert (nametag) you add to your own lanyard
  • (7) only DIS insert (nametag) you add to your own badge holder / lanyard
  • (4) instead of lanyard/badge use a jelly bracelet instead
  • (1) does not matter to me - I prefer to remain anonymous onboard

The question now is -- with 13 responding wanting a lanyard - is that enough to get the minimum 100 needed to order? (Going off a recommended company that has been used in the past - such as this one but prices have increased slightly) If all 13 contributed to the Lanyard Team (of about $20 donation) then we could fund 100 lanyards. Remember, no money can change hands via DCL or DISboards but as a team we can make a contribution to fund the lanyards.

Or - if not that demand - if we create a design, get the list of names, and print the insert, can have these available if someone doesn't have extra clear sealable plastic badge holders from previous cruises. Add this to new lanyard received onboard.

This weekend at Party City while looking for Dr. Seuss costumes, both of my daughters just had to have a cutesy lanyard. I had to chuckle at my little one wearing her's around the house afterwards.

Thoughts now that the results of the poll are available? :confused3

Noel - your input? I know you have coordinated these before, but I think our rollcall then was much larger. It seems the majority do want a DIS insert for sure, just don't think all want the unique lanyard. Your thoughts and advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter