Mass Shooting at Orlando Club

When someone is shooting up the place your id phone wallet purse etc may get misplaced having you leave with no identification

Every single news agency I have switched to have really not touched the fact that this was a gay club besides to explain that Pluse is a gay club in Orlando. Our news (being local) has been covering this since 2 am, and not one word. I hope and pray we don't diminish the victims into some title of being gay, instead of being ACTUAL PEOPLE. There is absolutely no need to bring up bathrooms, etc.

And I hope it stays this way.

I consider myself a conservative and stand strong with lbgt community. No one wants to see this happen to anybody. Buts it's time to get these crazies out of our country. They don't want to adapt to our values. They want sharia law and will kill innocent people to make their point. Muslims leaders need to do their part also, too many times this happens they remain silent. They need to speak up and start denouncing these acts.

You mean a NY born American male? Hard to do

As an LGBT person, I feel it is extremely important to remember that this is a gay club, and these people were targeted because they were gay. The media is going to erase it. Even the title of this thread erased it. But this club was targeted because it is a gay club. Because some gay people dared to be happy. It is Pride weekend here in LA, and I am heartbroken.

Do people not have to show ID to get into nightclubs and aren't there metal detectors? All nightclubs here you have to show your driver's license or other picture ID and go thru detectors. How can people out enough to be in a club not have ID on them? i guess with females they may be separated from their purses

After the murder on Friday--the answer is--not all clubs have them.

There are also those in the LGBT community who don't want people to overlook the fact this was a hate crime because it was. it's not a political agenda to point out a straight out fact. One can still stand together and show that their community is strong even with a terrible crime committed against them.

The label of "hate crime" doesn't matter because it would be a hate crime no matter who was targeted. If the loyalties of the shooter align with those that want the death of all Americans, then it doesn't matter what sub-group of Americans was targeted.

I am talking about the conservative side of the media conjuring up imaginary perverts to scare parents of daughters. How long will the Fox News people and their compatriots stick to this being simply being a horrible tragedy before they bring the victims' orientation into this?

I am positive I am saying this in a manner that offends someone because you can't convey everything you mean through text. I don't intend to offend.

I am trying to say that I hope that the victims do not get discounted because of their orientation or gender identity.
Stop disparaging Fox News and conservative viewers on this thread. This is not your political agenda. We are here to discuss the tragedy that has happened.

Last edited:

You mean a NY born American male? Hard to do
Yea your right. seems like we're gonna have to roll with the punches cause there's more and more homegrown terrorists everyday. guess there's nothing you can do until something like this happens cause their American citizens.

I consider myself a conservative and stand strong with lbgt community. No one wants to see this happen to anybody. Buts it's time to get these crazies out of our country. They don't want to adapt to our values. They want sharia law and will kill innocent people to make their point. Muslims leaders need to do their part also, too many times this happens they remain silent. They need to speak up and start denouncing these acts.

There are many from various religions who hate the gay community. There's been a huge amount of negativity towards the lgbt community coming from many different sources. It seems disingenuous to focus of sharia law and Muslims while ignoring other people using their religion in attempts to enact laws which restrict the rights of people.

As an LGBT person, I feel it is extremely important to remember that this is a gay club, and these people were targeted because they were gay. The media is going to erase it. Even the title of this thread erased it. But this club was targeted because it is a gay club. Because some gay people dared to be happy. It is Pride weekend here in LA, and I am heartbroken.

I would encourage all in the LGBT community to be extra vigilant. I already heard of another incident in LA. It is possible this is a coordinated attack, plus there could be copycats. We should all be together on this.

ETA:
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

Stop disparaging Fox 6 and conservative viewers on this thread. This is not your political agenda. We are here to discuss the tragedy that has happened.

My local Fox channel is showing wrestling so not Fox 6. But I find Fox News offering thoughts and prayers a little incongruous after spending the last couple of months stirring up their viewers that LGBT people in bathrooms was a public safety issue.

A recent tweet I read:

Steve Silberman ‏@stevesilberman 33m33 minutes ago San Francisco, CA

Spare me your thoughts and prayers if you spend the rest of the year declaring LGBT people in bathrooms a threat to public safety.

In Paris they attacked bars, live music venue, stadium. The attack in my opinion is to anyone who dares to be happy and live in way that doesn't fit in their narrow sick minded views.

It's attack to western way of living. Attack to freedom of expression and choice.

Stop disparaging Fox 6 and conservative viewers on this thread. This is not your political agenda. We are here to discuss the tragedy that has happened.

It is NOT political to point out that the club was a gay club, they were targeted because they were gay, and the media is conveniently leaving out that fact.

In Paris they attacked bars, live music venue, stadium. The attack in my opinion is to anyone who dares to be happy and live in way that doesn't fit in their narrow sick minded views.

It's attack to western way of living. Attack to freedom of expression and choice.

That's absolutely not what THIS was.

"Seddique said his son got angry when he saw two men kissing in Miami a couple of months ago and thinks that may be related to the shooting."
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/or...gency-services-respond-reports-gunman-n590446

There are many from various religions who hate the gay community. There's been a huge amount of negativity towards the lgbt community coming from many different sources. It seems disingenuous to focus of sharia law and Muslims while ignoring other people using their religion in attempts to enact laws which restrict the rights of people.
Do you see them wanting to murder them? Go look at videos of gay men being thrown off roofs in the Middle East. I don't see that happennig in this country. They want them killed, theirs a big difference between disagreeing with gays about stuff, than wanting to behead them like Muslim extremist do.

Many in this country have launched an attack on being PC, or as I call it manners. When some say we are all americans, do you really mean that because that is not what I see from many

Do you see them wanting to murder them? Go look at videos of gay men being thrown off roofs in the Middle East. I don't see that happennig in this country. They want them killed, theirs a big difference between disagreeing with gays about stuff, than wanting to behead them like Muslim extremist do.

No, I believe most extreme Christians advocate stoning them to death, as opposed to beheading them. See, for example, Robby Gallaty.

It is NOT political to point out that the club was a gay club, they were targeted because they were gay, and the media is conveniently leaving out that fact.
I think no one wants you to say that it's Muslims who want gays dead. To say that is a no-no, even if it's a plain fact.

When will we realize there is a huge problem in this world, not just the US? My thoughts and prayers are with the wounded and all the families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter