Mass Shooting at Orlando Club

I haven

I haven't been home so I am just now seeing what happened and trying to catch up, but is there any way he was talking about the terrorist reaping what he sowed? He is dead after all. Again, maybe not, I just can't believe someone would say something about the victims deserving being killed, kinda ridiculous.
No.

But that is probably what his public relations people are telling him to backtrack and say now.

"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows" was tweeted and posted on his public facebook page. Both have been deleted. Hard to not know exactly who he was talking about.

And giving permission to other crazies to go shoot people they do not agree with. SICK.

The timing of Patrick's weekly quote is questionable, but that's also an unfortunate spin on his quote.

Before jumping to your "logical" conclusion that Patrick is now advocating murder, I chose to perform an exhaustive, 5-second Google search:

"The lieutenant governor tweets Bible verses almost every Sunday. In a statement, Patrick's office said that the lieutenant governor is out of the country and that the offending tweet was designed and scheduled on Thursday. It was removed later Sunday."

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, the rate at which people are so quick to condemn reminds me of pitchforks and torches.

What the government official said is awful beyond words (and hopefully just a coincidence) but he can say what he wishes in our society. I realize that inciting people is against the law too but I'm not sure if this guy's comments would fall under that category legally.

Someone who actually carries out such violence is much worse IMO. I can't imagine what someone like that is thinking when they are just killing innocent people.

Last edited:
It's a terrifying fact that Lieutenant Governor of Texas tweeted "A man reaps what he sows" in regards to this mass shooting. Very, very scary.

I'm not from Texas, and I have no knowledge of this person or context for the tweet mentioned... but could he have meant it in regard to the shooter? Since the shooter did it in the name of his religion.

Maybe not. But I just wanted to throw that out there in case it is a misunderstanding, and perhaps unclear statement. Sadly many intentions can be misconstrued through social media, or even on discussion boards.

I am not sure who makes me sicker, the shooter or the lieutenant governor who tweeted a bible verse saying the dead reaped what they sowed.

First of all, that is not the tweet (not defending the tweet btw, just keeping the record straight) . Second, you don't know who makes you sicker? A mass murderer or a Lt. Gov's (stupid) comments?!

Looks like we can add him to the list of Christians who want gay folks dead. "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." Seems rather celebratory, doesn't it?

Your characterization is misleading and I'm not understanding the point you and a few others are trying to make with your posts on this thread.

There are people that make (IMO) hateful/stupid comments in the name of religion and (IMO) those people should be publicly called out. Comparing that to a terrorist organization that calls for murder of those that are against their beliefs and has a organized plan to lead disenfranchised Muslims to commit horrible acts in their name, confuses me.

The timing of Patrick's weekly quote is questionable, but that's also an unfortunate spin on his quote.

Before jumping to your "logical" conclusion that Patrick is now advocating murder, I chose to perform an exhaustive, 5-second Google search:

"The lieutenant governor tweets Bible verses almost every Sunday. In a statement, Patrick's office said that the lieutenant governor is out of the country and that the offending tweet was designed and scheduled on Thursday. It was removed later Sunday."

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, the rate at which people are so quick to condemn reminds me of pitchforks and torches.
If this is true then he should make a statement himself to clear things up. It's ugly either way.

Such a sad tragedy for the families and friends involved. I just don't get the hate but I see it hasn't stopped some of your politicians from using it to their advantage.

And the backtracking has begun:

His public spokespeople are in full repair mode

"Regarding this morning's scripture posting on social media, be assured that the post was not done in response to last night's tragedy," the statement said. "The post was designed and scheduled last Thursday...We regret the unfortunate timing of these posts and ask everyone to join us in praying for the people of Orlando in this awful time."

Yes. And the shooter killed 49 people and wounded 53 others. There is no doubt who makes me sicker.

I am not questioning who makes you or other posters sicker.

You said the other guy is "just an idiot". No he is not "just" an idiot. He is much more dangerous than that to have this sort of opinion on the massacre of gay people considering his high rank in government.

Thank you. That makes much more sense.

And the backtracking has begun:

His public spokespeople are in full repair mode

"Regarding this morning's scripture posting on social media, be assured that the post was not done in response to last night's tragedy," the statement said. "The post was designed and scheduled last Thursday...We regret the unfortunate timing of these posts and ask everyone to join us in praying for the people of Orlando in this awful time."

I don't use Twitter, but I would think it would be relatively easy to see if this guy has made other such scheduled tweets and maybe even if this particular tweet was indeed pre-scheduled...

I don't know a thing about the Lieutenant Governor of Texas. But I can't imagine any politician in this day and age putting that out there about the dead in a massacre, whether they thought that or not.

The speed with which people are willing to grab their pitchforks is breathtaking.

Your characterization misleading and I'm not understanding the point you and a few others are trying to make with your posts on this thread.

There are people that make (IMO) hateful/stupid comments in the name of religion and (IMO) those people should be publicly called out. Comparing that to a terrorist organization that calls for murder of those that are against their beliefs and has a organized plan to lead disenfranchised Muslims to commit horrible acts in their name, confuses me.
My point was that other posters are taking about Muslims in the general sense and NOT about Daesh and their cohorts. It's just as wrong to paint any faith with the broad brush of radicalism and it was meant to show how the comments of people of the Christian faith can be twisted as well.

You said the other guy is "just an idiot". No he is not "just" an idiot. He is much more dangerous than that to have this sort of opinion on the massacre of gay people considering his high rank in government.

I think he is just an idiot. You can think what you want.

I believe there are much more dangerous people in government.

According to multiple news agencies' reports which I have read, it appears that what is known so far is the following:
  • over 50 are dead and an additional 50+ injured.
  • a state of emergency has been declared
  • Omar Saddiqui Mateen is the shooter. He is a US citizen born to Afghan parents and is 29 years old.
  • Mateen was previously under investigation by the FBI for possible terrorism before.
  • Mateen's father tried to run for Afghan president once and has praised the Taliban on TV.
  • Mateen's ex-wife has said that he was really violent and would beat her up "because the laundry wasn't finished."
  • 3 days ago, ISIS announced a possible terrorist attack in Florida.
  • The shooter is known to have expressed support for ISIS.
  • police shot & killed the shooter
  • witnesses saw him with an "assault-type rifle and a handgun."
  • The shooter called 911 before entering the night club and mentioned the Tsarnaev brothers (who were responsible for the Boston Marathon terrorist bombings).
  • The shooter was not on FBI's radar at the time the attack occurred.
  • Orlando needs blood donations urgently.
  • The Orange County Sheriff's department has called is an act of domestic terrorism.
Also, in LA, police did a traffic stop on a car possibly containing powder explosives. Upon searching the vehicle, they found 5 lb mixed tannerite type powder with assault weapons, long rifles, clips loaded and taped together, camouflage outfit, and a security badge. The suspect said that he was there for the West Hollywood pride festival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter