Mass Shooting at Orlando Club

I just saw this and I'm so terribly saddened. It's just never going to stop is it? :sad1:

Hate for this who are different and the Inability to accept others? Not until political religious and family leaders take stands to say "who cares if we are different? Let them be"

That's absolutely not what THIS was.

"Seddique said his son got angry when he saw two men kissing in Miami a couple of months ago and thinks that may be related to the shooting."
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/or...gency-services-respond-reports-gunman-n590446

It seems folks want to see it is a hate crime OR terrorism.

It is possible that it is both. Terrorist attack on US soil directly on a specific group to drive that message home.

For example, NBC News reported he called 911 declaring his allegiance to ISIS.

No, I believe most extreme Christians advocate stoning them to death, as opposed to beheading them. See, for example, Robby Gallaty.
What about Pastor Kevin Swanson? Apparently Christians want gays dead too.

ETA: My point is not to pick on Christians but to show that we, as a people, shouldn't paint Muslims with the broad brush of radicalism. There are radicals in every faith that want someone dead for one reason or another.

Last edited:
No, I believe most extreme Christians advocate stoning them to death, as opposed to beheading them. See, for example, Robby Gallaty.
Point me in the direction to where they have carried out these attacks. You point out ONE guy who said something stupid. Yea there's extremist on all sides but there's a difference when one group continues to carry out attacks and the others are hate speech. I don't agree with any of it. If your happy I'm happy. I want the lgbt community to live happily, so I'm against any hate they receive. Whether it's Christians or terrorist, none of it should condoned. It's just the terrorist always commit these kinds of attacks against gays, and it's never made a big deal until something tragic like today happens. Hopefully people start seeing the light.

It is NOT political to point out that the club was a gay club, they were targeted because they were gay, and the media is conveniently leaving out that fact.
I don't know what you are watching, but all the local Orlando news agency are NOT leaving out the fact that it is a gay club. They are NOT leaving out our gay elected officials at the press conferences or for interviews. This is a hate crime act of terrorism based on someone's religious beliefs.

I am not sure who makes me sicker, the shooter or a lieutenant governor tweeting a bible verse saying the dead reaped what they sowed.
Looks like we can add him to the list of Christians who want gay folks dead. "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." Seems rather celebratory, doesn't it?

Edited: I now believe that the tweet was indeed a mistake and I humbly retract my own statement.

Last edited:
The shooter DEFINITELY makes me sicker. No contest. The other guy is just an idiot.
I don't know. A high ranking public figure celebrating the shooter's act can incite and give permission to other crazies to go out and copycat because of course, it is the gay community's fault. That makes him almost as bad as the shooter himself.

While what the shooter did is far more abominable, both acts make me equally sick.

I haven
It's a terrifying fact that Lieutenant Governor of Texas tweeted "A man reaps what he sows" in regards to this mass shooting.
I haven't been home so I am just now seeing what happened and trying to catch up, but is there any way he was talking about the terrorist reaping what he sowed? He is dead after all. Again, maybe not, I just can't believe someone would say something about the victims deserving being killed, kinda ridiculous.

I am not sure who makes me sicker, the shooter or the lieutenant governor who tweeted a bible verse saying the dead reaped what they sowed.

Both. I cannot believe an elected official would publicly state something that hateful. But I also can believe it based on what others have no trouble sharing.

All of it makes me so sad that there are people with so much hatred and those who think they can play God. Prayers to all involved.

It's a terrifying fact that Lieutenant Governor of Texas tweeted "A man reaps what he sows" in regards to this mass shooting. Very, very scary.

Yay Texas. We can always count on you to make Florida look good. :/

Meanwhile, of course it's a hate crime. If the shooter even moderately like these people he would not have shot them. Can we go back to arguing about the fact that nobody needs that stupid gun now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter