Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

I'm liking the way Henry wants nothing but Epcot. I want nothing but Disney World every day

I can't believe the line jumper. I wouldn't have been so nice as that guy.....:rolleyes1

Henry is so cute. I'm glad he got a last dose of Epcot

:scared1: To the line jumper! What is wrong with people?!?

What is with the aggresive birds at Epcot?? I feel like they're the worst at Epcot!

I have a new ticker...wahoo for Disneyland!!!!! ;)

ugh on the airline checkin fiasco. I don't know if I could have let it go....

I swear I get hives if I even think I have to wait in the line at MCO to check my bags. The last time I did it, I knew I would be using airline check in after that forever more.

Glad you made it to EPCOT on your last day. :sad2: On the line jumper.

That lunch looks really good! I know you told us what that sandwich was already but can you repeat if for the poor notetakers. ;)

I'm so glad you guys got one last dose of fun after the airline fiasco. Stuff like that is sooooo frustrating when you know you are burning up valuable vacation time.

Hi Brook!

Just caught up on about a hundred posts -- glad I made it back before the TR is over! So many wonderful moments, too many to comment on. I'm still waiting for the day when I run into you & Henry walking around NY somewhere!

I could really use 2 weeks in WDW myself right now...

Looks like a very lovely day!

I can't wait to see the new memories show. We didn't get to see it during our last trip.

The line cutter was probably from Delaware and she learned that from driving around here. :sad2:

Your Epcot pictures are beautiful! Seeing spring in full bloom makes me want to be there in the worst way.

I have always wanted to try the fish and chip from the window. I've had them from the R&C and they were super yummy!

Lots of good food pictures in the last few pages!

We had a line cutter + children at Aladdin in December. We were behind a certain family, but where the turn in the queue is over by the Tiki Room, all of the sudden she and her kids became the family in front of us. I guess I had been turned around talking to the girls (or maybe I was just with Bella) and they just stepped in. At first I thought maybe she was with the people we were originally behind, but she wasn't. Isn't it wierd that people just don't even think about things like that? I can't even imagine trying something like that. :sad2: It's not even like the line was long or anything. Just very strange.

I get that last day picture panic, too. I make sure I have every crack in the sidewalk recorded before I leave. I try to take in every sight, sound, and smell to the highest degree possible to carry me through as I transition back into the real world.

My longest trip ever will be coming this summer. 13 days.....but I bet when Brooklynn and I pull out on that UnME bus, I will be thinking 13 days still wasn't enough. ;)

Henry is such a big boy and such a seasoned Disney traveler now. It's fun to see him have a say-so in what goes on during trips.

"I don't want anything. I just want Epcot."

That is how I feel most days. :rotfl:

So sad the trip has come to an end (although happily I know you have more adventures to write about!). I agree with you, I'm not sure any length of stay would be long enough.

Boo to the line cutter. What a piece of work. :sad2:

You're right, yellow tights' co-worker hardly gets any attention working next to her! :upsidedow

:lovestruc those chips from the UK. I had thought the birds were getting less aggressive on my last trip but maybe not. Wish there was something more they could do b/c it really is annoying -- and scary for those of us who don't like birds! :scared1:

OK, still not fully caught up, but having fun trying!
So many wonderful moments for you, but here's the thing that keeps popping into my mind: No bagel-toasting at B&C?!?!? Crazy! Isn't that illegal in NYC? ;)

Time for some replies! Sorry it has taken me so long to get back, this past week was super busy with Joe working all day Saturday, church on Sunday (which is in Manhattan, then we spend a good chunk of the day there), and then Joe had to go to Boston for work all day yesterday! Today he's working from home. I do believe it's my Valentine's Day gift. :laughing: (and it's a good one!)

Brook, you sound just like me! I would have been the same way over the bike. I don't think it's irrational at all. I think they need helmets for the kids for sure. I'm a control freak too though so just the thought of my DH driving it would've made me nuts. :rolleyes1

I also TOTALLY agree about the veggies! I too wish there were more choices and options for them at WDW. I love veggies! I'd rather have veggies than anything else. I am so starved for them after our trips! I think that's why we always eat at Cracker Barrels when we travel. My DD loves veggies too and often asks for something like that when we are there. I just don't get why there is no love for veggies at Disney??? :confused3

Looked like a wonderful end to your day! :wizard: Can't wait to hear about your last day, even if it wasn't what you expected. Unfortunately, things don't always go as planned, even for us, the most obsessive of planners! :rolleyes:

Joe asked me at one point if I wanted to take control of the bike, but that just made me even more nervous for some reason! :laughing: I am really surprised they don't at least make the kids wear helmets in the front seats though? It COULD flip I would think, difficult to do yes, but possible I would think....?

When we ate at Cracker Barrel after the Kennedy Space Center trip I ordered the veggie (sides) plate! It was awesome! I do wish Disney would incorporate more veggies into the Quick Service restaurants. Steamed veggies are EASY and can easily go with lots of different dishes.

Awww, I hate that you weren't able to really enjoy yourself on the surrey bike. We try to make time to rent them at the CBR and we've always had a great time. Having said that, we also didn't have precious cargo riding in the very front either. I laughed when you said that Henry was the bell ringer for the whole half hour. Lacey is many many years older than Henry and that's her favorite part of the ride. :lmao:

:rotfl2: that's so funny about Lacey! Knowing what I know about her - that doesn't surprise me! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Poor Henry, the little guy just wasn't feeling well but, like the rest of us, wanted to do everything he could while at Walt Disney World. That's what we get when we have little Disney lovers. At least you were able to make lemonade out of the lemons later that evening and got to explore DTD a bit.

Despite it being a day I didn't expect or plan, it was a pretty good one. It could have been MUCH worse. I was just grateful he was feeling better by the end of the day.

You're really flying through the end of the TR!

Glad Henry started feeling better, feeling bad at WDW is not acceptable.

I am! I have a Disneyland one that I'm itchin' to start! :goodvibes

Poor Henry!! When the babies are sick and unhappy....everyone is unhappy! We have had sick kids at WDW over the years and it is no fun. Not too much worse than that! I cant believe your 2 week trip has come to an end either. I am hoping to have one of those in my lifetime...with lots of slow, downtime:goodvibes

The two weeks was AWESOME. I definitely want to do it again. I just realized Henry has a 1.5 week vacation in April (Easter/Spring/Passover) that could easily be put into a future 2 week trip. :thumbsup2

Oh man. Poor Henry. We have had times like that on a trip too. Claire wanted to keep going, but was throwing up. And then you think she is fine and go a little more, and really she wasn't. We ended up with a day of a lot of sleep. Skip and I just took turns doing stuff while the other napped with her or relaxed.
I'm loving all these updates too. :thumbsup2

I like the idea of going to take turns if you have a sick child. I didn't even think of that on that day, but it worked out just fine since we were on a long trip. On a short trip I would have been going crazy! :laughing:

Loved your tour of Pop, Brook (we've never been there). And your pictures of the fireworks at Wishes were awesome.

Sorry that Henry wasn't feeling well on your last day. It's so tough to be sick on vacation...especially for a child.

Pop really is such a fun resort - we had a great time touring it! And their food court is just awesome. I really look forward to exploring the Art of Animation soon too! :yay:

Oh no! I hate to hear that Henry got sick. Being sick on vacation is the worst!

I had to chuckle over the meltdown during lunch! :laughing: I think all of us with kids have been there before and it is no fun. But you have to laugh... laugh or go crazy! :crazy:

Well at least you guys had a really long vacation so there was time built in for unexpected issues to arise. Trying to look on the bight side here... :rolleyes: And since Joe got an extra do nothing day, I'd say he owes you one on the next trip! :laughing:

Exactly! Joe and I did laugh, and share several "Whoa!" looks in those moments. There was nothing we could do...it was hard, but you just gotta roll with the punches!

I like the way you think about Joe owing me a day! :laughing: Our next trip will likely be much shorter, so most all the days will be MINE! ;)

Brook
I have been sneak reading your tr all day long. I had all these great quirky comments to make but its after 5 and I have to go! But I have SO LOVED your pics. We've never been to Tom Sawyer's Island -- I'm bumping that up much higher on the list now!!!

I loved your video of the flag ceremony - thanks for posting it. so amazing! I was completely teary watching it.

Henry & Juliana look so sweet together! Love that they were engaged for all of 2 days :rotfl:(in Henry's mind anyway):lovestruc

Your dinner at Kona looks DELISH!!! next year....

Are you guys going again in June? or have you pushed that back after DL last month?

I completely know what you mean about the fear and horror movies playing in your head of something awful happening to your baby. Must be a mom thing, right? I really want to ride bikes around the resorts, and am seriously considering throwing our own bikes in the van for the ride down in June. Just a thought for the moment. Thoughts anyone?

So sorry that Henry got sick ... you must have facebooked that because I remember him coming down with a fever on your last day, how else would I know that? :confused3

Great great shots and a fun "relaxing" day!

We are doing a cruise in June - it's the 8-night from NYC to the Bahamas and it includes 1 day at Walt Disney World, June 5th. Today I am hoping for an April WDW-focused trip. :rolleyes1

I think it is a Mom thing! Those horrible thoughts must be part of our Momma-bear instincts! And I personally love the idea of having a bike to ride around the resort if you have a day or two of just relaxing. It would be so much fun to go explore and most all the resorts have a mile, or more, of path.

I most likely did Facebook about Henry! :laughing: I gave up trying to read my comments while writing this TR - and have even forgotten to include pictures from my phone and PhotoPass pictures. I'll have to include those in my wrap up!

Poor Henry! This isn't the first time he was sick in Disney, too! Thank goodness you guys get to go so often!

Nope, it wasn't! :sad2: Thankfully this one was just a quick bug and didn't involve throwing up...or the other end! :laughing:

Not the way you intended to end the trip, but a lot of bright moments even so. You crossed some things off of your to-do list, which helps you know some more things first-hand as a travel agent and in general as a good DISer. :thumbsup2

Exactly! And it wasn't all bad - just not how I imagined it....but with kids how often do things go as planned?! :goodvibes And I do have goals to experience a little of EVERYTHING in WDW - and having my job is an excellent excuse!

I'm sad your TR is ending! I have been following it from the beginning!! Henry is just so cute!! I am looking forward to your Disneyland trip report though! I liked the sneak peek! :yay:

When I started this I figured it might take a year to finish....looks like I was right! :laughing: I am really looking forward to sharing Disneyland, and hopefully the trip from May and August as well.

Awww, poor Henry. That happened to us in Jan, on our last full day in Disney as well. Kadence was throwing up, but miracle of miracles, we did get to the park later in the afternoon! We just took it very slow and kept to characters and shows.

Flights of Wonder is on my to do list, it's one of the couple things that always get blown off.

I was so thankful Henry wasn't throwing up - we have been there before! It makes it a lot harder to do things when you have to worry about that.

That is just how my Flights of Wonder was too! It had been on my list several times, but just kept getting missed. I'm glad we finally did it! Henry very much enjoys FoTLK or Nemo more, but this was a great show too. He might appreciate FoW more when he's older and understands the wonder of it.

Oh no poor Henry! How awful to not be feeling well on vacation! It sounds like you all handled it so well though!!

I love the pictures of the balloon animal t-shirts! :thumbsup2

It could have been so much worse! I was grateful it was just a quick bug. :goodvibes

Aren't those t-shirts the cutest??!

So sad for Henry not feeling well, especially when he really seemed to want to be doing things.

Cool that you saw the bird show, that is on my to do list too. Maybe on this upcoming 7th trip, I'll finally get around to it. Nice to hear your thoughts.

We still haven't done the campfire either. But hey we always say anything that we weren't able to do, just gives us a reason to go back. And yet we have friends and family who say I can't believe you go there so often and for so long, haven't you done everything already. I'm sure you have some of the same, and especially when you had a 2 week vacay there.

FoW was a really good show - I would go back and see it anytime. The storyline with the tour guide is a tad on the cheesy side, but it's funny and helps the show flow/have some humor. The birds are really amazing, we enjoyed it!

I usually rattle off a list of things I have never done at Disney when people say that to me! :laughing: But now that I'm a TA, that question "You are going back AGAIN?!" has sorta diminished! Some people think I get to go for free! :lmao: I wish!!!

Poor Henry, mom and dad ! Not much you. Can do but make the best of it, which you clearly did. I think we've all been there. Glad it turned around at the end. I don't know why but AK is the park that always gets short changed our our trips. I admit your flight of wonder show experience sounds a little painful!

Exactly -there really wasn't much we could do in the moment. Thankfully I wasn't completely tweaking out since we had already had a very long trip. :laughing: AK usually gets shortchanged for us too. Joe isn't a big fan, since he can't really see the animals, and there is less to do overall with a little kid. The next trip I really want to do Nemo, and probably FoTLK too since it's Henry's latest obsession!

The DIS is being fairly cooperative this morning so I'm all caught up again!

Sorry Henry was sick on your last big Disney day! But I'm so glad he was feeling better by the evening. Sick kiddos are no fun.

I love that you had a Joe day exploring resorts. I can't wait to check out the Poly when we are there in April. I guess it never occurred to me that they have Surrey bikes. I'll have to remember that - and try to forget the images you planted in my head about flipping over!

I'm so thankful the DIS is back to normal! :thumbsup2

:rotfl:about the surrey bikes, I'm sure YOU will be fine! It was so irrational of me!

We really love to resort hop. I've seen every resort (and most of the rooms too!) except Port Orleans Riverside, so that is a MUST on the next trip. I'd really like to peek in the rooms there too, even though I've seen pictures. They are beautiful!

I hear ya on that one. I have been practically yelling at the computer. I had to pull this smilie out
I think I had the same driver one. Did he try to play it off like he was new and had no idea what he was pushing. We alos had 4-6 people on the bus and I was in tears at some of the announcements.

It has been SO frustrating, hasn't it?! I'm so glad it's more back to normal!

That driver just acting like nothing strange was going on - it was hilarious!!

Seeing Joe standing next to that stack of floppy disks really makes me realize just how far technology has come in the last twenty years -- I am sure my kids would look at me like I was crazy if I ever even used the term "floppy disks" now. LOL!

Oh, I am so coveting those Polynesian magnets and notepads now -- so cute!

What a fun idea to rent a surrey bike -- you got some great pictures on your ride!

Poor Henry with his fever and still wanting to have a good time -- and poor mom and dad having to deal with a sick child on vacation. That is never easy! Glad he started feeling better by the end of the night, though.

It is amazing how much technology has changed! Joe still had a stack of those floppy discs (almost just as tall :laughing:) until we moved and I made him throw them out - we didn't even own a drive anymore!

I got a little behind!

Love the pics of Henry at Tom Sawyer Island, I must put that on my list and take Everett there (in two weeks! )

I also have never rented a surrey bike, but have always thought it would be fun. I think I'd pick the boardwalk, although that would increase the potential of running down innocent tourists, so maybe that's not the best choice! :laughing:

Sorry Henry was feeling bad on your last day, but at least you were able to get out of the room, and he was doing better by the end of the day.

Tom Sawyer Island is really a lot of fun for the little kids! It's a great place to just RUN too and let out some energy.

:rotfl2: about the surrey bike! I would probably be even more nervous over at the BW because of all the people...but Henry would love it since he'd have to ring the bell the ENTIRE TIME! ;)

I remember when my boys were Henry's age. One of them would always get sick on vacation. It never failed. At least he bounced back quickly!

I saw the flights and wonder show this past trip and I really enjoyed it. I actually got picked to go on stage. Fun!

I would love to eat at Flame Tree but it is always so darn hot when I am there. :headache:

I love entertaining bus drivers. It makes the trip so much more fun.

Sorry its your last day, but I can't wait to read about DL. Looking forward to your last day in the world.

Oh! How fun to be picked for the stage! What did you have to do? Have you already covered this in your TR? I'm SO far behind. :sad2:

I was just thinking the same thing as MEK!! I love reading about your TR to WDW, but growing up on Disneyland (family member was a CM :goodvibes) I can't wait to read about all you did in Walt's park! :lovestruc

I really can't wait to start it all!!! It was such a FANTASTIC trip in so many ways.

What a fun trip report! Henry is a cutie and your pics are terrific! My kids kept coming over to see the videos and such.

Thank you for reading and :welcome: We are almost done, but will continue right on with our January trip to Disneyland! :goodvibes

I'd be crying too if I was awake at 6am on vacay.;)

Oh dear, we've that experience as well. Poor little Henry.

I'd have done the same...monitor and then reasses. Sounds like he gave you the fake out though.:laughing:

Yup. Rope drop, rope drop, rope drop.:thumbsup2

Glad you made it! I would pass though. I have a slight fear of birds, stupid I know. But my best friend at college had an exotic bird at her parents house and it terrorized me! I was forever ducking and shrieking. So I wouldn't seek out the Flights of Wonder show but it does look amazing.:goodvibes

:laughing:Kids are sooo funny, aren't they? Poor Henry though, he was obviously still feeling off but didn't know what he wanted, poor little guy.

Hmm, maybe there is hope for me then!

Flame Tree BBQ is on my list too. And I'm laughing because I've had almost exact conversations with my youngest DD just like this one!

Well, at least it wasn't YOU melting down, right?:laughing:

Been there done THAT too! Yup, time to leave for sure.

Sigh, I so understand. You know the best thing is for him to rest but he fights you about leaving. Good times. Parenting is exhausting sometimes!:laughing:

Geez, it just wasn't your day was it. Man.:headache:

Good idea.:laughing:

Aw, he just wanted to play! Poor thing. Bummer about the campfire too. Sometimes those best laid plans go right out the window. But you have the right attitude...keep on your to do list and you'll do it!

Great updates Brook.:thumbsup2

The fear of birds isn't stupid! :hug: My aunt has the same. My fears include heights and apparently surrey bikes! :laughing:

And YES! Henry melting down is better than me!!!! The fact that we knew Henry wasn't feeling well really made it easier to deal with in all too. I just felt so bad for him.

Hey there, stranger! I finally made it back, just in time for the end of the trip. I'll catch up starting tomorrow, but at least I got a little Henry fix tonight. Poor sick fella - and poor mom & dad!
Hasta manana!

Welcome back!!! I understand catching up...I'm so far behind on everyone's threads. I need about 3 days of just DISing to catch up! :eek:

Hey there! :wave2:

I'm still reading. :surfweb:

What a headache trying to check your bags in with ME. :headache:

I just ate lunch and your pictures made me hungry again. :rotfl2:

I can't believe this TR is almost over. :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter