Marriage: The Trip Report - Update 2/28 - Final Thoughts & Link to Disneyland TR!

Aw sad your trip is over. Glad you made the bus on time. That panicky feeling of missing it is awful.

Wow! Talk about ending a Disney trip with a bang! The pictures of Henry with his flowers were adorable. We grow zinnias in our garden every year and I am always amazed at how tall they grow. I am sure it's too late now but if you ever plant them again, save the seeds in the middle of the flowers, let them dry out and you can replant them again the next year. :thumbsup2

So sad to see a Trip come to an end. However I think the picture of Henry passed out in his bed says a lot about the trip lol. How nice your bus waited! Our last trip the bus did not show up! We sat there for over an hour and then went on the next bus. We were so mad because we left Epcot early for that! We should have just paid for a cab.

I just read a bunch of updates I missed! Thanks so much for sharing your trip! Loved it like always...can't wait for the next one!

Reading your updates always makes me smile! However, it's a shame that getting to the airport was such a nail biter!

Lovely last moments in Epcot. I love the fish and chips, so now my stomach is growling even though it is just 9:00 in the morning. :laughing: We have never tried the sour cherry balls, so now I need to add those to the list.

I adore the picture of Henry walking with Tigger -- that is just adorable!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, Brook. I always love "tagging" along!

What a great ending to your TR, except for the run to meet ME! The pictures of Henry in this update are exceptionally good. So many expressions and I bet he had changed so much since these pictures were taken.

Really enjoyed your TR and definitely looking forward to the next one! :goodvibes

He has changed SO much. I look at these pictures and still see a baby. Today I see a little boy! Just wait for the jump to Disneyland...it's a different kid! :laughing:

Sad that you had to leave... but you've been on more trips in the last year and a half than I've had in my whole life.. so I'm trying not to be upset.
Can't wait to read your next TR!

:hug: We were VERY blessed these past couple years with multiple trips! I don't believe that will be the norm unfortunately! I could definitely get used to Disney every 3-4 months. ::yes::

Nothing like a good run to remind you it's back to reality huh lol

-KD

:rotfl: Exactly! UGH!

Were going end of July. Ds#2 and I have been watching the videos that Disney has been posting about carsland. It makes us more excited. Can't wait to heard your Disneyland report!

Cars Land is going to be AWESOME. Just from the very small sneak peek I got over the wall and in the Blue Sky Cellar...so cool. I can't wait to see it myself!

That must have been a very stressful last hour or so. I get so stressed out in those kinds of situations but it seems like you had a nice day in Epcot!! I wouldn't have been able to think of anything else but that all day!

It does always feel good to be back home doesn't it? As much as it totally and completely stinks, especially after traveling, all you want is to pass out in your own comfy bed!

I was pretty stressed! I did NOT want to miss that bus! I really like the extra time at MCO so we can just be leisurely about making our plane.

What a stressful run. I can picture it all. So you didn't have any troubles checking in at the airport then? I remember they were giving you troubles at the resort.

We didn't actually! It was fairly painless. Just the normal lines, then checking in, getting seats together. All the norm. Just took extra time with the lines so we can to move it a bit more than we usually do.

So not nice for people to be arriving when you are leaving! :sad2:

We've raced a little to meet our UnME bus before, too. A little nerve-wracking. :crazy:

All of your Epcot pictures are wonderful. Henry is such a big guy now. It has been fun to watch him grow.

It is! Not an ideal way to end a relaxing day!

I love the photo of Henry and Duffy looking at each other. Precious! :goodvibes

I'm sorry your departure was so stressed. I do not do well with things like that. :rolleyes1 I'm glad you made your flight and got home safely.

He was so thrilled to meet Duffy! :laughing: He is so cute and cuddly! (I'm just glad he doesn't want the $20 toy with outfits!)

Loved the pic with Henry walking away with Tigger.

Isn't that adorable? :lovestruc

Catch up time!

Mmmm that food from Pop looks REALLY good! Very nice food pictures!

WORMS AND DIRT YUMMM! AND TIE DYE CHEESECAKE :love:

I love the giant Mr. and Mrs. Potato Heads! They're so cute!

-----

I really just want a grilled cheese right now. :love: That looks fantastic.

-----

The sky at the Magic Kingdom is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Wow.

Love the Wishes pictures! Wow, those are really pretty!

-----

I totally agree... NO time is long enough. Seriously, I could stay for a month and I still would want to stay longer! :laughing:

-----

I'll have to finish catching up later! Loving the updates though! :) I'm so sad you have to leave already :(

I love all your comments! :goodvibes

And 2 weeks was NOT enough time! I thought for sure it would be. We will have to aim for 3 weeks at some point...

Aw sad your trip is over. Glad you made the bus on time. That panicky feeling of missing it is awful.

It is! I was so relieved to be on that bus!

Wow! Talk about ending a Disney trip with a bang! The pictures of Henry with his flowers were adorable. We grow zinnias in our garden every year and I am always amazed at how tall they grow. I am sure it's too late now but if you ever plant them again, save the seeds in the middle of the flowers, let them dry out and you can replant them again the next year. :thumbsup2

Oh! It is too late! Bummer! I really should have looked up more about them so I could grow them again. :headache:

So sad to see a Trip come to an end. However I think the picture of Henry passed out in his bed says a lot about the trip lol. How nice your bus waited! Our last trip the bus did not show up! We sat there for over an hour and then went on the next bus. We were so mad because we left Epcot early for that! We should have just paid for a cab.

Wow! That's horrible about it not showing up!!!! And really surprising! Were you the only family waiting? And then you probably had to rush a bit at the airport too...ugh.

I just read a bunch of updates I missed! Thanks so much for sharing your trip! Loved it like always...can't wait for the next one!

Thank you for reading!!! I hope to get that new one started today or tomorrow!

Reading your updates always makes me smile! However, it's a shame that getting to the airport was such a nail biter!

Lovely last moments in Epcot. I love the fish and chips, so now my stomach is growling even though it is just 9:00 in the morning. :laughing: We have never tried the sour cherry balls, so now I need to add those to the list.

I adore the picture of Henry walking with Tigger -- that is just adorable!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, Brook. I always love "tagging" along!

Thank you for reading Jackie! It's always so fun to share our trips!

What a fantastic journey, I am jealous ...

:goodvibes Thank you for reading! It was a great trip!

Have you started your DL trip report, Brook? I dont want to miss that one and figured I better check and see if it was in the works:goodvibes

So the trip has ended. Almost a year ago now.

In the moments of the trip, I often felt like I was missing out on something. Which is SILLY. And I realize that now. I was on vacation. At Mickey's House, I should have been enjoying every moment instead of thinking about what we weren't getting to. I should have followed my own advice of "Relax and enjoy the little moments!" (I tell my clients that!)

I guess it's that commando in me. :headache:

However, I learned a few things:

1) If...no, WHEN :-):yes::) we do a long trip again, plan differently. I had the attitude of "Go with the flow, we'll get to it" going in, but I should have known myself better! And, I was just too relaxed, thinking we had all the time in the world. I had a few "Must Do's" that I should have just gotten out of the way in that first week. Next trip we will push it more for the first few days, hit the Must Do's, then relax and go with the flow. Then I get my commando-fix early, I won't feel like we are missing something, AND Joe gets in his relaxation.

2) I DID learn; however, after returning home, to just let things go a bit more. Chances are high there will be things we miss that I wanted to do. And that's okay! Enjoy what we do get to! (taking my own advice finally! :laughing:) In August, when we returned for the Travel Agent/family trip, my family time was veryyyyy relaxed. I even shocked myself a bit on that trip!

As a result of both 1 and 2, we had a very balanced Disneyland trip! We hit the parks hard at first, to get the commando out of me, then we reeeeeeelaxed and went with the flow. Both Joe and I (and Henry!) had an awesome time and I can't wait to share it with you!

Even with this nagging feeling over me most of the 2 weeks, we still had a wonderful time! It was AMAZING to be there for two weeks! I wasn't ready to go home at all.

But I did miss vegetables! :laughing: Disney seriously needs to work on that with their Quick Service meals!

This trip was all about compromise. We all gave a bit, and took a bit. There were days focused on my choices, and days focused on Joe's choices...and days just for Henry too! It worked well. We saw and did a LOT. Not as much as I had anticipated, but that's okay!

We will be back.

Here are a few PhotoPass pictures I haven't yet shared:

1239928369_GVRdh-L.jpg

1239928957_PQMHW-L.jpg

I LOVED seeing the F&GF. I really, really, really want to go back for that again! It's simply beautiful.

1239930671_wTLK4-L.jpg

1239932897_bSeJX-L.jpg

One of my favorites.

And a couple pictures from my phone that I also hadn't shared in the report:

1217432617_vYnZv-L.jpg

1217439741_QqySc-L.jpg

Now, please join me as we start our Disneyland adventure!

No Way Jose! We are going to Disneyland!

It's very hard for me to take down time during our vacations and often feel the need to plan at least one something on those days. Like you, I've learned a little over the years that it's okay to go a little slower and take more time to stop and smell the roses (or the flowers at the Flower & Garden Festival :thumbsup2) every now and then.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you guys get to have another two week vacation in Walt Disney World.

What an amazing trip Brooke!! I understand what you mean about feeling like your missing something, there is so much going on that feeling like you don't want to "waste" away the day is only natural. Can't wait to hear about your Disneyland trip... headed over there now.

Your beautiful pics inspired me to go see the flowers! And we're going the weekend that Peter Noone is doing concerts!:cool1:

Lovely ending Brook. I liked how you figured out the going commando in the beginning of the trip gives you your fix and helps you relax more at the end of the trip. I will used that advice this summer when we are there for ten days. :goodvibes

Cute photo "out-takes"! ;)

What a great wrap up. I am slowly getting more relaxed. I am glad because the NYE trip was a lesson in hurry up and wait. :rolleyes.

With DVC I know I am going back so I can relax. Still need to get those things in the are going away. If P & F take over World SHowcase I need to get the KP higher on the list :lmao:

I finally got caught back up...just in time for the ending. :sad2: Great job though BE! I loved the photos, (especially the cabbage...for the obvious reasons) and the quips along the way.

Looking forward to sharing in your next adventure.

OH, BTW - I PM'd you some techno geek pics Joe might get a kick out of.

Later!

I have NO idea how I missed the end of this TR. I love the photos of Henry walking with Tigger...way too cute. :goodvibes

Sorry about the mad dash for the bus, but glad you made it. As much as we love our beds at Disney, there really isn't anything like your own bed.

Great photopass pictures.

Back at the Boardwalk I noticed the totally creepy clown chair was pulled away and facing the fireplace:

1201843931_cY5R3-L.jpg

But what made it weird was...

1201842587_fhQcV-L.jpg

He has a name!!!!!! :lmao: I so want to know the history and story behind this chair.

Continued in next post

I think I figured out the Paul and Todd chairs!!! They're babies. Look carefully at the faces.. I think these are either authentic Victorian chairs that Disney acquired, or copies of authentic chairs, but they're Victorian art and I'm pretty sure that they're carved to look like Victorian baby boys. That is exactly how they dressed baby boys back then... and the face.... a little Winston Churchill, its a baby!!! Paul and Todd may have been the toddlers that owned these chairs. Baby and toddler boys were dressed exactly like that... bonnet and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter