March 5th anyone else?????

Can't believe it's right around the corner!!!!!!!!!!! Still need to buy our airline tickets and rent the car from the airport to the port!!

:cool1:

MommyZ
taking hubby and ds(5)

I too can't believe how soon the cruise is. I still haven't figured out how we're getting from MCO to Port Canaveral. Probably will end up renting a car. Our flight gets in around 6 am on Saturday. If we have a car we can get breakfast somewhere and stop at a grocery store before boarding the ship.

My DM has taken ill so all of my plans have gone to the wayside. Really looking forward to the trip. We all need a vacation!

Hi everybody!

I am now into the project phase of my planning- door decorations, pillow cases, and gift baskets. Love every minute of it!
CArole, sorry to see your DM is ill- I'll keep her in my thoughts.
Do look into a towncar for the ride from MCO to the port- it may be easier and not too much more expensive. We are doing three legs in a car- from the port to the RAdisson the night before, from the ship to WDW for the day we disembark, and then being picked up at WDW around 8PM to catch our plane. It seemed rather crazy, being a single mom with 3 kids to add a rental car to deal with - single or not, I'd go for ease if I can afford it! getting quotes from various companies now.

Looking forward to hearing from everybody now that the time is getting so close!!!!!!
ttfn
Judy

Hi all! :wave2: We're also on the March 5 Eastern - myself (the mom) and 17-year-old daughter. This is our first cruise where it will be just the two of us, so I'm very happy to see there will be other DIS-ers aboard, and hope we can get together on board!

Looking outside on a gray day at lots of Pennsylvania snow and dreaming of a poolside pina colada...

Tracey

I have seen other people write about "door decorations".Excuse the rookie question...Whats with the door stuff? WHy? Just for fun?

dear pcnped
door decorations are just for fun for those of us who are disney addicted and have been planning for over 300 days and have gone over the top!!!!! Door decorations are usually magnets of some type since the doors are metal. I have a large magnet sheet with the four favorite characters( I found huge stickers) applied. We have named our cruise- Wishes Cruise of 2005- and that will probably be one the door, too. I think it started for people who wanted to find their door easily since they all look alike.
Anyway- use the search thing and you can read more about it.

zeldacruiser- I am a single mom, too. I am travelling with 2 14 year olds and an 11 year old, all girls. We are hooked up with another family with an DD-11. Hope to see you on the ship- let's get a drink or something!(anyone else???)

Mickeyworld, definitely let's get together on the ship! This is what I was hoping for with this thread, that we can have some pre-arranged friendships even before we board. We've done 3-nights before, so I'm figuring with seven nights on ship we'll get to know some people, but this works even better. One of my biggest fears has been that our tablemates will be wonderful people who, unfortunately for us, never show up for dinner, leaving mom and daughter to make conversation alone every night. Good to know people to meet in the evenings, poolside, etc.

Well, thanks for the info! I will look into maybe doing up our door too................this could be fun! Do you have any info on current temperatures on castaway cay? With all the snow we have had here in Massachusetts, its about all I think about every day!

We are sooooo excited about the cruise! We are myself, DH, DD9y/o, DD7y/o
and DD6y/o.Anyone else with girls this age? If so, hopefully they can meet up during the trip

Julie

Hi Juliet T - I have a DD age 8 and another DD age 11.

Mickeyworld - What time is your flight out of Florida? We are leaving at 9 pm. We thought about going to WDW but weren't sure if we had enough time. Were you able to get car service for all the legs of your trip? If you don't mind me asking, who did you book?

Can't wait to get on ship! I'm up for a drink too!!!

Hi Carole,
We aren't leaving Florida until 10:50! Couldn't resist the added day and the flight was cheaper, too! We booked Tiffany Towncars-$250.00 for all of it. They are picking us up at the airport and taking us to the Radisson, then we'll take the Radisson transport to the boat.
THen they are picking us up, taking us to WDW for the day, then picking us up at the end of the day and tking us bak to the airport.
We have used Tiffany before, they were great!
Planning, planning.....
ttfn
Judy :banana:

Dear JulieT,

We also have a 7 year old DD. It would be great if they met up in the club. One month from today and we will be off. Cannot wait.

Peanutgirl

I can't believe ....less than a month :cool1:

I still haven't bought the airline tickets yet????? I am usually so together but we have been so busy. I am trying to get cheap flights but they are so much more expensive than usual. We'll be flying out of the DC Metro area. I'll probably use some of DH's frequent flyer miles....still have to rent the car from airport to port and back.....

And of course I should begin packing but like always I will be packing the night before. I think I will add an extra day to my vacation and take off the friday before b/c I will prob be running around buying stuff.

Can you believe it the little one (ds 5) still has no idea!!!! We will try to keep it from him as long as possible!!!

Talk to you guys later!

MommyZ

Count us in for this cruise. We are flying out of LaGuardia friday night into MCO and staying at the Raddison. Rented a car through Budget. DH and I have a DS12. I have not noticed any other teenage males on this trip. REAS is booked, so, we may lounge around the pool at the hotel and wait for the boarding rush to subside. This is our 3rd Disney cruise and we are really looking forward to it! We are supposed to get more snow on Thursday so I just might start getting things to pack set in a pile. I look forward to seeing the mailman every day now waiting for the documents. Time is flying by, see you there!

Squeeee! Saturday, I got my renewed passport, so that I won't have to take my ancient birth certificate with me. On Monday, I picked up my fantabulous dress for Formal night. Less than $40 bucks for a gorgeous dress *bounces around generally*

Haven't gotten our docs yet. Has anyone else?

DOCUMENTS ARE ON THE WAY!!!!!
I heards form my TA and they have received them, checked them, and I should get them tomorrrow! My co-cruiser i for our trip has hers- she booked directly from Disney.
Finished the door decorations during the Super Bowl, finished the surprise welcome bags for the kids, gave up on the diet...... I am reallly feeling the cruisin mood!
Yipee! :banana:

:rotfl: :cheer2:

The docs are coming!!!!!!!!!!!! Waiting to hear back from TA on the cabin #...we were guaranteed...hope it's an upgrade and good!!!!!

Still have to finish booking the flights and rental car???!!!????

MommyZ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter