March 26, 2005

I have to say that, right now, I am *most* looking forward to telling the kids we are going, and seeing the looks on their faces. We had really good news today -- BOTH got honor roll (usually they take turns <g>) -- so we are having a celebration dinner tonight and the waiter will mysteriously hand them a special delivery. It's a postcard of the ship, with a message from Mickey inviting them to sail on March 26th! They will be speechless! LOL!

Okay, after that excitement, I am most looking forward to being on a Disney ship. I love ships, love the ocean, love sailing (never been on a cruise ship, just small boats), love Disney. What could be better?

Oh my gosh...that will be so much fun. Let us know how it goes!!!! Maybe you can take a picture of their reaction. I am also looking forward to the Dolphin encounter we have planned. I forgot to mention that earlier. Kim :Pinkbounc :banana:

PPFQP - It sounds like you are going to have a great evening. I know your girls will be thrilled. :flower:

I am probably looking forward to spending some stress free time with my son. Also this is the first time I have had another adult (a church friend and her two sons)to do things with and her kids for Tyler to play with.

I just want blue skys and the ocean breeze!!

Have a great evening. :cheer2:

I am looking forward to relaxing, Palos, and exploring the islands a bit. The thing I am most looking forward to is all the happy excited people. There has hardly been a grumpy person on the last two Disney cruises we have taken. :earsgirl: :earsboy: I am also looking forward to traveling with a husband who is not in pain. The last cruise my husbands back when out. I asked my son at dinner tonight what he was most looking forward to and he is excited to see what pirate night is like. pirate:

I looked on the deck plans and it looks like we are at the opposite end of the ship as everyone else.

Ok..PPFQP... Don't keep us in suspense. How did it go last night??? Were they sooooo excited??? :flower:

They were thrilled! When they were off in the restroom, dh put an "invitation" postcard in their menu at ther restaurant. They came back, found it, opened it up and were thrilled! They thought it was really an invitation from Mickey Mouse, but dh explained it all LOL!
Since then, we have been talking nonstop about all the fun things we are going to do. We watched the promo video with them, showed them pictures of the ship and the stateroom, and showed them the schedule of ports. We've been talking to them about excursions and what they want to do.
They are SO excited! One of my dd's said, "Mommy, I've got to start packing!" LOL!

Can you imagine the story they will have to tell at school tomorrow! :banana: I'm glad they are excited! It will be hard keeping them from boucing off the wall until cruise time! Good luck! :grouphug:

How much fun for them!!!!! I'm glad they are so excited. :banana: I'm a lot older then they are and I'm having a hard time waiting till the cruise. :Pinkbounc :hourglass We just went through all the summer clothes and DS fits in NO shorts from last year!! EEKK. Anyone having the same problem?????? Hope the seas settle down before our cruise. I just read the 2/3 cruise report. Sounded a little rough.

Has any of you guys gone on the Dolphin excursion??? I was wondering if we needed to wear swimshoes in the water or not. If you guys don't know I'll post on the other board.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Talk to you soon. Kim :flower:

Did you book the Disney dolphin excursion? Or do one on your own? Because the Disney excursion stipulates that it is not a "swim." What does that mean? Is it better to book something from another company?
My daughter really wants to do it, and dh thinks it would be fun. I am just not sure. I think we would have more fun just going to a beach somewhere.
Have you all been reading the comments about Grand Cayman and how it's in such bad shape? That has me concerned!

We booked it through Disney. It is easier for me and less worrying about transfers. I guess it says that we just get in the water a little bit and interact with the Dolphins. We are thinking of just doing the beach thing in GC and we are still trying to figure out if 7 mile beach is ok. I think that is the beach a lot of people like. If you hear anything let me know and I will do the same. Let me know what you decide about the Dolphin thing. We are doing it early in the morning so we might, if there is time, got to the beach in Cozmel too. :flower:

There is a thread on the other board the is talking about how GC is pretty beat up. Maybe it will get a little better by the time we go. :flower:

Happy Monday Morning :rotfl:

We have the Dolphin Encounter booked through DCL at Cozumel. If I'm reading the description correctly we'll get beach time too. I think it will be cool. I have the Butterfly farm and Turtle farm tour booked at Grand Cayman but I'm really considering cancelling it and having a nice day on the ship without so many people around. I love to just relax on vacation :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Have a great day.

Kathy

littlemuffin....what time are you going on the Dolphin excursion.We are booked on the 1st one in the morning. We are looking forward to it very much!!!!!!! BaileyandEvan...that website is cool. thanks for posting it!!!! Have a great night everyone!!!! :cheer2: :flower:

Good Morning

We are doing the Dolphin Excursion at 12:00. The 10:20 was full when I registered. The friends that are traveling with us are doing the 10:20 one also. I think it sounds like alot of fun.

Kat

Too bad that we aren't on the same one :sad2: We'll definitely have to compare notes though.I'm trying to save up money so we can get the picture book and maybe the video too. I think it will be cool to have that as a reminder. Have a great day. Keep checking if you want to go earlier, maybe someone will cancel?? :flower: :sunny:

Good idea about checking for cancellations. I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks
:cool1:

Opinions on dining at WDW please - which do you think is better for dinner - chef nickey's or crystal palace?

Thanks

You all got me nervous about the dolphin excursion being booked. I called today and booked it -- we couldn't get in until 2pm! Oh well. We will try to switch it for an earlier time, and if not, it will still be okay.
Now, I just have to decide about Grand Cayman. The girls definitely want to see the stingrays. Are you all booking through Disney, or an outside vendor? I've heard about Capt. Marvins and another one -- maybe Capt. Bryan's? Anyone have any experience or recommendations?

PPFQP...I don't know about the stingray stuff. I have seen threads about both but can't say for sure. Kathy and Tyler we have been to both...CM for dinner and CP for breakfast. I thought they were both great. CM had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip and Dale, and Daisy ( I think that is it) and CP has Pooh and friends. Do you like one of characters more than the other? Like I said they were both pretty good for buffet. Good luck!!!! :flower:

PPFQB,
We booked our stingray city trip through Captain Bryans. We picked that one because it was at 10:30, so no rushing to get off the ship and time after to shop a little before getting back on the ship. It is called the Bucaneer catamaran. They told me they only take about 40 people and it has a bathroom on it. It last 3 hours and has 3 stops(I think). We have read good reviews on it, but I cannot say first hand. Let us know what youe decide! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter