March 26, 2005

It is a quiet thread....let's work on that. We have booked the dolphin encounter in Cozmel so far. We are thinking of just doing the beach in GC. Any thoughts or recommendations from you guys??? We are very excited!!! I'm planning on calling Shirley after Valentine's Day to get some Easter Baskets set up for DD11 and DS 71/2. Just keep thinking warm weather and calm seas so we can get to the ports!!! :wizard: Talk to you guys soon!! :flower:

OOps I forgot. We are not going to Disney before. We went last Nov. and DH has a convention there in Oct. so we are going then. :flower:

Has anyone used Shirley before? I was thinking of doing something for my son that has snacks, pop, and an underwater camera. Could she do that??

We have the dolphin encounter at Cozumel booked also at noon!!!!

We are also doing the sunset cruise in Key West and the Tour in Grand Cayman. I have seen on these boards that some of the beaches in GC aren't great since the hurricanes. You may want to double check that.

"See" you soon.

Kathy :cool1:

We are also planning to call Shirley and have Easter baskets done. Actually, I am hoping my mom will cover it -- she usually does Easter baskets for the girls, and this will be a fun way for her to be involved in the cruise. Any other ideas for what to put in them? I really like the camera idea. Maybe a small amount of Easter candy -- must have some chocolate eggs and jelly beans, after all!

We are still undecided about excursions. I don't think we will do any in Key West; rather, we will just do something on our own. In Grand Cayman, we are interested in seeing the stingrays, but aren't sure whether the kids will want to actually get in the water with them. DH wanted to do the dolphin thing in Cozumel, but I think it's awfully expensive, although I know the girls would just love it. I think maybe we should wait until they are a little bit older, but I don't know. I thought that the Beach Break (not Disney) excursion looked good, the one that has a pool and a private beach. I think we should try to decide something soon, though!

We did get our Palo and spa reservations this week, though, since we got the REAS package. That was exciting!

I have not used Shirley but everyone says only great things about her. I talked to her and she was very very sweet. She said call after Valentine's since it was busy. I think she can do whatever you ask or want her to do depending on your price limit. Just let her know your ideas .
I'm thinking my kids my be a little freaked by the stingray thing (me too!!). I've heard good things about it though. I'm trying to see if anyone has been to GC on a recent cruise so they can tell us how the beaches are. I guess we can keep checking the posts or ask closer to the date.
PPFQP that is very exciting you got your ressies already. We have to do the whole sign up thing.
Do you know what deck or room you guys are?? We are on deck 7 and I have to check to #. I can't remember. Well let's try and keep this going if we can!!!!! Talk to you soon. :flower:

We are in a Category 5 on Deck 7 but the cabin number hasn't been assigned yet. My only hope is to get a plexiglass verandah not a solid one. But that isn't that big of a deal to us.

I'll call Shirley after Valentine's Day and try to come up with some ideas for Tyler a surprise in the cabin.

Take care!!

We are deck 7 too! I will have to ask my dh the cabin # again, I can NOT ever keep it straight. I know there is a 2 and 5 in it.7235 maybe?

We are 7038 unless they change us later. Maybe we'll be close. Do you think they will have a DIS meet or do we plan that. I've just seen othe posters talking about and I'm still new to this. I'm shopping tomorrow for some summerish stuff for the kids. I have a dress for formal night already for me. Do you guys have anything yet?? princess:

P.S. I see littlemuffin is from West Virginia. PPFQP where are you from. We are from St. Louis, MO. :flower:

Sounds like our disboards meeting should be on Deck 7. That is really cool that we might be really close.

I'm really anxious to be assigned a cabin. The suspense is killing me. :Pinkbounc

Do any of you plan to go to Palo? We are meeting another family that is a mom and her 2 boys. She is a single mom like me and we hope we can get the boys to go to the Oceaneers Lab so we can do some "adult" things. The adult pool sounds like heaven!!!

Have a good evening.

Kathy

We live in Virginia.

We all have formalwear. DH has a tux. I have a dress that I wore to a formal party in December. It's a long navy blue dress with a beaded jacket -- I hope I won't be too warm in it since it's more of a wintery dress! Then I have a black dress with a jacket for the semi-formal night and/or Palo.

I got my girls formal dresses after the holidays -- they are so beautiful! They think that we bought them for a party ::::snicker:::: I'm such a sneaky mommy!

We are going to Palo -- dinner, brunch and tea! Since we bought the REAS package, we made our reservations in advance. We are going the night of Grand Cayman.

Which dinner seating is everyone doing? We're the second (late) seating.

We plan on going to Palo one night. Not sure which one yet. My in-laws are traveling with us(from DE) and they might do something with the kids that night. KathyandTyler (or are you littlemuffin too???) have you been on the DCL before??? We went on a 4 day Nov 2003 and had a great time. Talk to you guys later!!! :flower:

PPFQP...didn't see the post till I was done writing..we must have been typing at the same time....We have early seating. It worked good for us last time we went. The dress sounds great!! I can't believe the girls still don't know!! I can't keep a secret that long!!!! Hopefully we can get Palo one night. We are still trying to decide which night is best. :flower: ( We fly to Norfolk every year to go to OBX. ) Talk to you gals soon!! :flower:

I'm glad we are getting this thread going. My kids are getting really excited. We are doing key west on our own and have booked Captain Bryans catamaran to do stringray city in Grand Caymen. We are not sure about Cozumel yet--maybe Paradise beach.
We are hoping to do Palos from dinner and maybe brunch too. We have a secret porthole room on deck 5 and have early seating dinner. Our dress clothes are ready and I can't wait to get packing.
I hope the weather warms up in Fl. We live in Jacksonville( HOME OF THE SUPERBOWL !! ) Its very very dreary here lately, but things are supposed to improve for the big game. We live about two hours from the port and we too are planning on ordering baskets from Shirley.
I hope we can plan a meet and greet!
Have a great night! :wave2:

Ok. Kathyandtyler and little muffin are one and the same. My silly reason for doing that is because at work one day I wanted to post and I couldn't remember my password - sooooo I set up a work account and a home account. Are you confused yet???

I bought a really pretty long red dress for formal night. I can't wait to wear it. My son is wearing slacks and a vest.

I think we set up the meeting. I could be wrong!

Is Jacksonville crazy this week????

Kathy

Hello all,

My DH today, finally, said that he is getting excited about the cruise. We are also on deck seven in room 7122. We were in the same room last time. I am going to try to make a door sign, but time is getting really tight with work and taking classes. I have started on losing the weight so I am waiting to buy clothes until the last minute. :banana: I think I will also try to do some sort of Easter Basket through Shirley with a cruise type theme though.

We are doing the catamaran to Sting Ray City. My son was 8 when he did it the first time. It took him awhile to get the courage to go in but he really enjoyed it once he was in. He did a report on sting rays at school and it was so much better than if he had just read about them in a book. Disney is educational. :teeth: In Key West and on Cozumel we are just doing our own thing. We also plan on doing Palos for brunch and dinner if possible.

We are flying in the day before and staying at the All Star Sports in WDW. The last two times we were at WDW my son didn't get enough time in Disney Quest at Down Town Disney so we promised him we would go and he could stay until the place closed. Hopefully the flight won't have any delays so that he doesn't get cheated out of time, again.

We are also flying in the day before , but later in the afternoon. We are just staying at I think the Ramada or Radisson. Something with a R. I am also tyring to lose a few pounds before we go. Things from last summer are a little tight. EEKK! Deck 7 seems to be very popular. We are all pretty close!! My DS is 71/2 and I know BaileyandEvan has a 7 year old DS too! Maybe they can swim together sometime. I'm getting more excited as each day passes!!! The kids are too!! Talk to you soon.Kim :flower:

What are you MOST looking forward to on the cruise? Dining at Palo? Seeing characters? Going to the spa? A certain port of call?

I am looking the most forward to being with my family on the magical cruise and having a FABULOUS time!!!! What about you?? :flower:

We are looking forward to good weather(hopefully) and a dinner a Palos. We didn't get to do that two years ago, but the brunch was great! We are also hoping for a great day at castaway cay. Last time, they had to cancel all activities due to high winds--at least we got to dock and see the island though. The kids can't wait to meet new friends and do some easter activities. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter