Marathon Weekend 2025

Apologies if this has been covered already, but any guesses as to when the POT deadline might be??

Best guess is the first or second Tuesday in October for entry. Sometimes they’ll say the race has to be completed by a date in late September, but we won’t know for sure until they update the site.
Thank you!!

Another one hoping to be part of Dopey 2025. Lurker on the forum, really enjoy reading all your tips, reviews, and support for one another.

Last ran WDW Marathon in 2019, and Dopey in 2020, thought it was time to give it another go!

Also hoping to be more active in the forum this year as well.
Welcome! I just joined last year and have already loved being here!

Isn’t 2025 an anniversary year for Goofy (20th)? That may affect the sell-out time.
Shhhh. Don't remind everyone, so I don't have trouble signing up.

I remember that I waited to sign up for the 2020 Goofy because it rarely sold out. I was on vacation in October of 2019 when I learned that it did. On the bright side, that was the first time I ran for charity and that is a great time all on its own with the group I chose.

Hey all!

I'm planning on "just the Half" in 2025. With four small kids, marathon training is a LOT of time for me to take away. Having hit my goal of a sub-5 marathon time last year, I'll likely retire from the distance for the foreseeable future.

(PLUS: Marathon morning is the BEST day to go to MK if you're staying on the monorail loop; road closures delay everybody else, so crowds are really really light for the first several hours of the day.

Hope to see everybody there!!

Hi everyone! I am planning on doing the marathon. It will be my second marathon but my first full at Disney. I've done several halfs, including a few at Disney, so I'm excited to do the full distance again. I just had my first baby 8 months ago, so our trip will be her first trip to Disney, too, so that's going to be so fun! Looking forward to learning more from y'all about registering and how to make the most of the course.

Shhhh. Don't remind everyone, so I don't have trouble signing up.

I remember that I waited to sign up for the 2020 Goofy because it rarely sold out. I was on vacation in October of 2019 when I learned that it did. On the bright side, that was the first time I ran for charity and that is a great time all on its own with the group I chose.
🤐 … too late?

I'm a strong maybe for next year. I had a ton of fun this year and it works well for my schedule but i think my body could use a break. I need to talk to my fam and see what their plans are for 2025.

I have a couple of questions regarding the later dates. Neither will impact my registration but thought it could be fun to hypothesize.
  1. Will Christmas decorations still be up? They're completely gone from HS today. Personally I loved pretending it was still Christmas but it's going to be very late next year.
  2. Will the weekend overlap with Festival of the Arts? I'd be elated if this were the case. Festival Epcot is way better than regular Epcot but I could understand why they'd wait.

I'm a strong maybe for next year. I had a ton of fun this year and it works well for my schedule but i think my body could use a break. I need to talk to my fam and see what their plans are for 2025.

I have a couple of questions regarding the later dates. Neither will impact my registration but thought it could be fun to hypothesize.
  1. Will Christmas decorations still be up? They're completely gone from HS today. Personally I loved pretending it was still Christmas but it's going to be very late next year.
Hot take: I was ready for the Christmas stuff to be gone by like…Friday. They removed the resort decorations when we grabbed our groceries at Saratoga on the 1st. I wanted to hear normal park music, and not constant Christmas music in the parks/on the busses.

1. Will the weekend overlap with Festival of the Arts? I'd be elated if this were the case. Festival Epcot is way better than regular Epcot but I could understand why they'd wait.
Didn’t they end FotA right before princess weekend last year? I can totally se why runners would love the overlap, but Disney would say “Nope.”

2. Will the weekend overlap with Festival of the Arts? I'd be elated if this were the case. Festival Epcot is way better than regular Epcot but I could understand why they'd wait.
I'm thinking that the Christmas decorations will be gone by then, but you never know. I'm with @Herding_Cats, by January 1st I'm pretty much done with Christmas music and want radio stations to get back to normal.

The first year I did the marathon in 2015 was one day earlier. The tree in MK was still up during the full, and a few other decorations.

I love festivals! Festival of the Arts this year starts tomorrow (Jan. 12), so I guess it's possible they could overlap, but realistically I agree with @Herding_Cats that Disney is unlikely to be that nice.

Hot take: I was ready for the Christmas stuff to be gone by like…Friday. They removed the resort decorations when we grabbed our groceries at Saratoga on the 1st. I wanted to hear normal park music, and not constant Christmas music in the parks/on the busses.
SAAAAAAME. If I never hear the Christmas music loop at CSR again, it’ll be too soon. (To be fair, I was also there for my Dec. holiday trip, so I got a double dose. Which is… too much. :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter