Marathon Weekend 2025

My first runDisney was also 2015 Goofy! It was a great introduction to runDisney for me. But I have too much FOMO to stick with Goofy. Hoping to return in 2025 for my 9th Dopey,
At the time that was a one and done for me (as far as marathons and Disney races). Yeah, we all know how that usually turns out. 30+ Disney races later... lol

I may go for Dopey again, we shall see. Definitely felt the FOMO this past weekend, not being there at all. At least I have DL this weekend to look forward to.

Thanks … is there a good jumping off point to research what charities have what requirements ?
I really don't know if there's anything to sum up each charity for rD runners. Your best starting point is look at the charities listed for this past weekend and see if there are any whose missions speak to you. You can go to their pages and see what they require. Then sometimes there's a contact person you can reach out to, or get on their email list.

I'm plannng on Goofy for 2025! We haven't done runDisney since MW 2020 and I'm afraid that's too long for me

2 Dopeys and I think I'm all good. DH will do Dopey again. I assume Goofy isn't usually a quick sell-out on registration day? I would also be interested in running for one of the charities. I've never even looked into that!

I'm plannng on Goofy for 2025! We haven't done runDisney since MW 2020 and I'm afraid that's too long for me

2 Dopeys and I think I'm all good. DH will do Dopey again. I assume Goofy isn't usually a quick sell-out on registration day? I would also be interested in running for one of the charities. I've never even looked into that!
Goofy 2024 sold out in 52 minutes. Dopey sold out in 71 minutes.

Sellout times since 2020 (to give people a sense of how crazy it's gotten since the covid restart):

Start (link)
5k sold out in 47 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 52 min (link)
10k sold out in 57 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 71 min (link)
HM sold out in 82 min (link)
M sold out in 91 min (link)

Start (link)
Delayed Registration Timing until 12:30pm ET (link)
5k sold out in 24 min (link)
10k sold out in 34 min (link)
No more queue after 34 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 38 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 55 min (link)
M sold out in 67 min (link)

Start (link)
Opening queues stating wait of 8 min to over an hour (link); Timing does not appear until exact time of registration opening
No more queue after 21 min (link)
5k sold out in 45 min (link)
HM sold out in 86 min (link)
10k sold out in 5 hours (link)
Goofy sold out in 2.5 days (link)
Dopey/M sold out on 10/12 (link)
*All races periodically reopened.

2021 (Presumed reduced availability)
Start (link)
Goofy sold out in 19 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 26 min (link)
5k sold out in 26 min (link)
10k sold out in 31 min (link)
HM sold out in 31 min (link)
M sold out in 89 min (link)

Start (link)
5k sold out in ~20 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
Goofy sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
HM sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
Marathon sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link) *Can't find a specific post for this one.
Dopey sold out in Nov 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
***A few of the races opened momentarily between April and October (like 5k in August). Likely because they were breaking up unsold challenge bibs.

Sellout times since 2020 (to give people a sense of how crazy it's gotten since the covid restart):

Start (link)
5k sold out in 47 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 52 min (link)
10k sold out in 57 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 71 min (link)
HM sold out in 82 min (link)
M sold out in 91 min (link)

Start (link)
Delayed Registration Timing until 12:30pm ET (link)
5k sold out in 24 min (link)
10k sold out in 34 min (link)
No more queue after 34 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 38 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 55 min (link)
M sold out in 67 min (link)

Start (link)
Opening queues stating wait of 8 min to over an hour (link); Timing does not appear until exact time of registration opening
No more queue after 21 min (link)
5k sold out in 45 min (link)
HM sold out in 86 min (link)
10k sold out in 5 hours (link)
Goofy sold out in 2.5 days (link)
Dopey/M sold out on 10/12 (link)
*All races periodically reopened.

2021 (Presumed reduced availability)
Start (link)
Goofy sold out in 19 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 26 min (link)
5k sold out in 26 min (link)
10k sold out in 31 min (link)
HM sold out in 31 min (link)
M sold out in 89 min (link)

Start (link)
5k sold out in ~20 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
Goofy sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
HM sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
Marathon sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link) *Can't find a specific post for this one.
Dopey sold out in Nov 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
***A few of the races opened momentarily between April and October (like 5k in August). Likely because they were breaking up unsold challenge bibs.
Thanks to @DopeyBadger for maintaining this list!

After this weekend I’m still on fence whether I want to try Dooey again or stick with Goofy. There is definitely FOMO when I start seeing everyone head down earlier in the week but I will say that not having to deal with the chaos of the Expo on Wednesday and only 2 early wake ups have their advantages. Plus I do not usually stop for characters so some of the allure of the 5-K and 10-K are lost on me.

Follow this thread the morning of registration. People share their queue IDs that they don't need anymore and snatching them is the only reason I've been able to register before the races sell out.
This makes me stressed just thinking about it 😕

Three months to prepare!

Did anyone get a picture of the marathon mile 6 marker they would be willing to share? I crossed the timemat right around 7am and my mind was fixated on getting my Guardians VQ. But I don't remember seeing the actual sign? 🤔

Eagerly waiting for 2025 registration. I thought about taking a break after 2024, but my wife dubbed 2025 as "the redemption tour" for me given the food poisoning and missing the 5k and then the half marathon being cut short. Plus the timing on 2025 is so much better than it was this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter