Marathon Weekend 2017!

!!
Woohoo!!! I see a dis meetup brewing!
I didn't see many folks mention going to the WISH meetup at Pop this year, but I'm definitely looking forward to that. I'm looking forward to having faces to go with so many of the peeps from here :)

I'm in for Dopey next year. I'd also be interested in a potential meet up, but a 13 month old nephew and 6.5 month old son might make it a bit difficult.

I had so much fun this year at the half that I really want to go big or go home and do a full. I'm thinking Goofy next year and Dopey 2018. If not next year I will most definitely be back in 2018.

This is the year of the run for me: 3rd 1/2; 1st marathon (Portland, already signed up with DW); 1st wine and dine 1/2 and first Dopey (OK, OK, so Jan 2017 is technically a year from now. :) DW and I had lots of fun at the WDW Marathon weekend in 2015 (5 & 10K for me; 5 & 10K and 1/2 for her).

This is the year of the run for me: 3rd 1/2; 1st marathon (Portland, already signed up with DW); 1st wine and dine 1/2 and first Dopey (OK, OK, so Jan 2017 is technically a year from now. :) DW and I had lots of fun at the WDW Marathon weekend in 2015 (5 & 10K for me; 5 & 10K and 1/2 for her).
That sounds awesome! I'm doing my second and third half marathons (one in spring, one in fall), a 7-mile in July and my fourth Warrior Dash...all building up to the WDW Marathon a year from now.

I had so much fun this year at the half that I really want to go big or go home and do a full. I'm thinking Goofy next year and Dopey 2018. If not next year I will most definitely be back in 2018.

If you want to go big or go home you should just go for Dopey next year. There's not much bigger than that on marathon weekend.

How twisted is it to feel like running the Goofy isn't enough and I should be doing the Dopey? That's Disney logic for you.

So far I've stuck to my training plan and feeling good. I'm scheduling a half for June to get my POT.

Hope everyone else can get and maintain their motivation!

I know but I wanted to save dopey for 2018 but we will see I guess.

If you can run Goofy, then you can do Dopey. I have now done each once and the only real differences are the extra days getting up early, being cognizant of your nutrition and hydration two extra days and of course the money!! It was the latter that hurt the most!

If you want to do it, you can! I am hoping to go back next year and be even Dopey'er. :-)

How twisted is it to feel like running the Goofy isn't enough and I should be doing the Dopey? That's Disney logic for you.

No one should ever feel or be made to feel that what they are running or plan to run is not enough. For some people, a 5k is as much of an achievement as a half is for others. We all have different abilities and motivations for doing these races, and we should celebrate the fact that we're out there doing our best for us and not get dragged down by comparing ourselves to others.

I will register for 2017; however, I will make it a point to actually do some marathon training. Health issues got in the way last year so Sunday's marathon was not a good one for me.

How twisted is it to feel like running the Goofy isn't enough and I should be doing the Dopey? That's Disney logic for you..........

No Disney logic involved, more like Disney Addiction. :teeth:

2015 Marathon Weekend I had my Ultimate Marathon Weekend Addiction fulfilled. 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon, marathon, 1/2 marathon Monday AM at FW, 10K Tuesday AM on the Dream and then the Inaugural Castaway Cay 5K on Wednesday. 71 miles in 7 days. I told the RD folks on the Dream about my palindrome and mentioned that they could have an Ultimate Marathon Weekend Event with a whopping 10 medals after completion. Bet there would be other :crazy2: people who might do it.

McFlurry John

I think it's easy to get caught up in the excitement here. I love Marathon weekend. 2017 will be my 6th Goofy and 7th year of Marathon weekend. I've done Dopey too but there's no reason to feel like anything isn't enough. The time commitment for training for the Marathon, Goofy and Dopey are all about the same, so it's really up to you how much time and money you want to spend on the races.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter