• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2017!

Quick question - Memory Maker... So if I buy Memory Maker, I will get the race photos? I have never bought it before and it and Photo Pass always confuse me.

ETA: Also, we are staying onsite but we were going to get our tickets from Undercover Tourist. Can I still buy Memory Maker?

Last edited:

Quick question - Memory Maker... So if I buy Memory Maker, I will get the race photos? I have never bought it before and it and Photo Pass always confuse me.

ETA: Also, we are staying onsite but we were going to get our tickets from Undercover Tourist. Can I still buy Memory Maker?
I don't know about the ticket question, but Memory Maker does include race pictures now. There will be a 16-digit code in the Event Guide (part of the code will be your bib number), and you will add that to your PhotoPass account to get your pictures.

As @Ariel484 said, yes, you will get race photos included with your Memory Maker purchase by manually entering the code from the event guide on the Disney PhotoPass website (use the "Add PhotoPass Card" to enter the 16-digit code).

Also, you can purchase Memory Maker regardless of your ticket purchase.

If you purchase it online while logged-in with your MDE account, and you have MagicBands associated with your account, your MagicBands will be automatically linked to your Memory Maker, so you can just use your MagicBands with the photographers while in the parks. If you don't purchase it online (purchase onsite), you can either have the photographers scan the Memory Maker card, or you can link the Memory Maker card to your MDE account on the MDE website. Again, this should link it to your MagicBands as well.

---------------------

Edited: After posting, I realized that @CarolynFH already answered the ticket question.

Yes, you can still buy MM. Where you buy your tickets doesn't matter.

Also, you can purchase Memory Maker regardless of your ticket purchase.

Thanks! The reason I asked about buying the tickets is because online when I tried to add it to my cart it said I had to add tickets and have a "package" to add it. I used a "backdoor" way to add it to my cart but when trying to pay for it, it just got hung up in a loop, taking me back to my cart instead of checking out...???

Here are the instructions from the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Event Guide...expect something similar for January, except an additional code for the marathon. And they'll change the year and the WINE/WINED part to something that relates tot he January weekend (WDWM5K, WDWM10K, WDWHM, WDWM or something).

It's just like when a PP takes a picture at the park and gives you a card that you add to your account later. Related note: make sure your race bib is visible.

PHOTOS
Disney PhotoPass® Photographers will be on the course and at the finish line taking your photos during the race. Smile and make sure your bib is in view on the front of your shirt! Race photos will be available to view at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com (select Walt Disney World) and on the My Disney Experience app within 24 hours of the event. To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code. See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:

Kids Races: 2016WINEKIDxxxxx
5K: 2016WINED5Kxxxxx
10K: 2016WINE10Kxxxxx
Half Marathon: 2016WINEHLFxxxxx

I don't know about the ticket question, but Memory Maker does include race pictures now. There will be a 16-digit code in the Event Guide (part of the code will be your bib number), and you will add that to your PhotoPass account to get your pictures.

Thanks! :)

Here are the instructions from the Wine & Dine Half Marathon Event Guide...expect something similar for January, except an additional code for the marathon. And they'll change the year and the WINE/WINED part to something that relates tot he January weekend (WDWM5K, WDWM10K, WDWHM, WDWM or something).

It's just like when a PP takes a picture at the park and gives you a card that you add to your account later. Related note: make sure your race bib is visible.

PHOTOS
Disney PhotoPass® Photographers will be on the course and at the finish line taking your photos during the race. Smile and make sure your bib is in view on the front of your shirt! Race photos will be available to view at MyDisneyPhotoPass.com (select Walt Disney World) and on the My Disney Experience app within 24 hours of the event. To link your photos, you will need to enter the 11-digit RaceID followed by your 5-digit bib number. If your bib number is less than 5 digits, please add zeros at the beginning of your bib number to complete the 16-digit code. See below for RaceIDs; replace the x’s with your bib number to complete the code:

Kids Races: 2016WINEKIDxxxxx
5K: 2016WINED5Kxxxxx
10K: 2016WINE10Kxxxxx
Half Marathon: 2016WINEHLFxxxxx
And there won't be a special code for challenge runners...so Goofy runners would use BOTH the codes for the half and marathon, while Dopey runners would use the 4 codes for the 5K, 10K, half and marathon.

Thanks! The reason I asked about buying the tickets is because online when I tried to add it to my cart it said I had to add tickets and have a "package" to add it. I used a "backdoor" way to add it to my cart but when trying to pay for it, it just got hung up in a loop, taking me back to my cart instead of checking out...???

That's odd. I don't even have a reservation until next April (room only) with no tickets, and I just tried, and it is letting me add it to the cart and checkout. At least I can get all the way to the last Review phase where I have the final Purchase button. I didn't receive any "add tickets" or "no package" warning as I went through the process.

Have you tried going straight to the Memory Maker page and adding it there: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/memory-maker/

I would separate the Memory Maker purchase from other purchases, so either reserve your hotel first, or purchase the Memory Maker first, but don't try to do them at the same time.

Yeah, that is how I got in the loop that wouldn't let me check out. My hotel is in the cart until I pay when I get there, can't remove it and can't pay early. That is probably the problem. I may just have DD26 do the Memory Maker purchase since we are linked in MDE and we are both running the Marathon. Thanks for your help! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter