Magicband 2 at Resorts

Just checked in POFQ and got the old magicbands. Everyone else seems to be wearing the new ones but us! No luggage tags tho I asked.

Just checked in POFQ and got the old magicbands. Everyone else seems to be wearing the new ones but us! No luggage tags tho I asked.

Thank you for posting your report August2010. Did you get the colours you had requested?

I wonder if by March they will be finished with giving Canadian's older Magicbands. Now that you can buy the Magickeepers i'm really hoping we get the Magicband 2's at check-in so I can buy a Magickeeper and not have to wear my Magicband as a braclet.

I hope we will get the new version when we go in May as I've ordered some custom skins for our 25th wedding anniversary.

If not, is there any reason we couldn't just request the new version on check-in, knowing we'd likely just get the grey ones?

I hope we will get the new version when we go in May as I've ordered some custom skins for our 25th wedding anniversary.

If not, is there any reason we couldn't just request the new version on check-in, knowing we'd likely just get the grey ones?

Happy Anniversary!

The bands they give you when you check in are already earmarked for you at the desk whether you personalize them or not. The issue is that nobody picking their bands up on check in is getting 2.0 bands yet as the resorts are giving out old bands.

My husband called Disney today regarding the Magic Bands and they told him that we are getting the old style bands when we check in on March 7th (AKL) and March 12th (POFQ).:sad:

Last edited:
My husband called Disney today regarding the Magic Bands and they told him that we are getting the old style bands when we check in on March 7th (AKL) and March 12th (POFQ).:sad:

Oh no! I would have thought the old bands would be running out.

We are checking in on March 8th. I don't know if I am happy or sad about this... In a way the old ones look better for kids but I would have liked having the new ones since we already have multiple sets of the old ones.

Thanks for the update! I've still got some hope that maybe they'll run out sooner at POP - but thats unlikely I'm sure.

It's my understanding (And I could be wrong) That Disney is giving the MagicBand2 to florida residents, DVC members, and annual passholders now. And will be rolling them out for everyone later in the year

It's my understanding (And I could be wrong) That Disney is giving the MagicBand2 to florida residents, DVC members, and annual passholders now. And will be rolling them out for everyone later in the year

Reading other posts about the new Magic Bands I think if you get a MB mailed to you, you're getting a new one. My wife was there a couple weeks ago, and said she saw a lot of new ones. I think they're handing out the remaining old version ones to people who pick up at the resort, which unfortunately us Canadians have to do.

When we were there in January I upgraded to an Annual Pass. Later i noticed in my account that I could order a magic band to go along with it and have it delivered to the resort if we were staying at least 10 days --- since we still had almost 3 weeks i figured i would go ahead. Less than 24 hours later i got an email saying it was at the front desk.... Yup, yet ANOTHER old band. Must admit i was more disappointed than i should have been but i wanted to get a snazzy holder for it so i could use it as a zipper pull at home :P

We stayed first week if Feb at AKV & PVB and received the old style at both.

I won't really be bothered if we don't get the new bands, but I do wish I knew for sure what we'll get. If we're going to end up with more of the old style, I'd cancel some of ours. My daughter would be happy though; she was "collecting" all of the colours and was not pleased that she would have to start over. (Yes, I know the colours are the same, but she wouldn't consider the mixed styles to be a complete set.)

Also a little annoyed on principle that they are dumping old inventory on non-resident visitors. Why not just send the old style to everyone until they run out, then switch across the board? :confused3 It's not like we're given a choice on the shipping.

Also a little annoyed on principle that they are dumping old inventory on non-resident visitors. Why not just send the old style to everyone until they run out, then switch across the board? :confused3 It's not like we're given a choice on the shipping.

This is exactly what bothers me! When my husband called about it, he was actually told that everyone was getting the new magic bands. My husband said that he heard on the disboards that the old style were still being given to those who had to pick up their bands at checkin, to which the agent replied ' you should never believe what you hear on the disboards'. When he insisted that she check into it. She came back and said that we were indeed getting the old style.

This is exactly what bothers me! When my husband called about it, he was actually told that everyone was getting the new magic bands. My husband said that he heard on the disboards that the old style were still being given to those who had to pick up their bands at checkin, to which the agent replied ' you should never believe what you hear on the disboards'. When he insisted that she check into it. She came back and said that we were indeed getting the old style.

Based on recent events, I think "never believe what you hear from a CM" would be better advice.

We have a split stay coming up in late March and I am keen on trying the new bands. I went online and had my 2nd set of bands sent to a postal outlet in Maine. We're close to the border and we have things shipped occasionally so hopefully it will all work out. Fingers crossed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter