Magicband 2 at Resorts

sspectromagic

deletemyaccount
I know it's only January 2nd but I thought I'd make this anyway. Have any fellow Canadians checked in and received the new Magicband 2 yet?

I know it's only January 2nd but I thought I'd make this anyway. Have any fellow Canadians checked in and received the new Magicband 2 yet?
We received the old band at AKV today. It may differ at other resorts. We asked and they said they did not know when they would start issuing the new ones but you could buy them in the Disney store.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm just being picky about the colour of my band haha.

Our trip is in March and if we get the old Magicbands at check-in I want green, but if we get the new Magicbands I want red so I can get the keychain thing and it will match Minnie Mouses' bow.

I still have a month to choose the colour so hopefully we find out before then.

I saw people with new bands at Port Orleans today. I checked into Poly this afternoon and got the old bands.

We are staying at BLT in February and I keep wondering if we will get the old or new ones. The worst part is that we wanted to get some stickers for our daughters magicbands to decorate them but now we don't want to waste the money on either style because we don't know which style we will get. First world problems I guess. LOL Either way, all that matters is we will be at Disney, the magicband is just a bonus!

Any updates on people getting the new or old bands when picking them up at check-in lately? I will be arriving mid-February and today is my last day to customize my band on MDE.

If I'm going to get the old one, I'll choose grey as it's the only colour I don't have and will complete my set. But if I'd get the new band, I'll choose red as I want to get some of the accessories for it and I think the red will look nicer. :)

Any updates on people getting the new or old bands when picking them up at check-in lately? I will be arriving mid-February and today is my last day to customize my band on MDE.

If I'm going to get the old one, I'll choose grey as it's the only colour I don't have and will complete my set. But if I'd get the new band, I'll choose red as I want to get some of the accessories for it and I think the red will look nicer. :)

I'm the exact same but if I get an old Magicband I want green haha. I want to know when the accessories are coming out too. If resort guests are getting new bands I wanted red to match the keychain with the Minnie Mouse bow.

Hopefully someone sees this and replies soon for you, and me!

Does anyone have an image of the new bands? I've been out of the loop, and would love to see it!
Thanks
Here you go! I've tried to find images of them on someone's wrist to answer you next question, "how BIG are those things?!?!" but gave up :P
upload_2017-1-16_7-16-39.png

Aw, I thought that they'd start giving out new ones by now. I think we have a month left to customize our bands so hopefully we'll know before that window closes.

Anyways, thanks for the quick updates everyone! Looking forward to more people posting in here so we can all know when we'll start getting the new bands.

Ok, we've have 2 checkins so far --- old bands both times. Today was yet another check in -- my account says we have 2 bands waiting at front desk -- we asked 3 separate times and they have all told us "nope not here" I upgraded to an AP and quickly ordered a band to go with it since it could be delivered to the resort if i had at least 10 days. The next day email shows up telling me it's at the front desk.... yeah, STILL old style even though the reports of AP holders getting MB 2.0 have been circulating since mid December.

SO: we both have a new "old" band (same style but thinner and more flexible), I have one that has the fancy passholder slider and we each have one that shows on my MDE but no physical bands !

Well that's disappointing. I check in next Saturday and am hoping for MB2 as well.

I saw on a youtube video (and of course now I can't remember whose it was) that the new magic bands are only in limited release at the moment. I believe you can only get them on site in some of the gift shops, or you can order one if you're an AP member.

The video didn't indicate when they would be widely available. If I find the video again I'll post a link.

Is it my imagination, or does it seems like American travellers are being mailed the new magic bands and they are 'saving' the older style for Canadians and other who pick up their bands at check-in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter