Magicband 2 at Resorts

Is it my imagination, or does it seems like American travellers are being mailed the new magic bands and they are 'saving' the older style for Canadians and other who pick up their bands at check-in?

I think so... I made this thread so I could figure out when Canadians/Internationals start getting them at check-in but it does seem like they are mailing the new ones for Americans and giving the old bands to everyone else at check-in.

I guess i'll just continue to patiently watch this thread to see if any Canadians get them... hopefully soon.

I will also be patiently watching this thread. We check in on March 7th and hoping for new magic bands

I'm also checking in on March 7th. Hadn't really thought much about the new MB's but it would be nice to get them. LOL...I've got so many attached to my account I need to get in there and delete most of the old ones.

My wife leaves in 3 days with 30 Grdae 8 kids, I'll report back and let you know what they get. She is hoping for the old style as she got some custom skins made for the kids to put on their MBs, but she'll be excited if they get the new ones too.

We fly out of Buffalo for our March trip and I have the bands shipped to our mailbox in Niagara Falls. We are going to pick them up on our way to the airport. We might even plan for an end of Feb trip to the mailbox to pick up other items. I'll report back what we have.

Looking for reports from anyone checking in from Canada yesterday or today... Did you receive the 2.0 upon check in?

Looking for reports from anyone checking in from Canada yesterday or today... Did you receive the 2.0 upon check in?

My wife will be there in a couple hours and I'll report back here. I did read in another thread that someone reported that today would be the last day Disney would be handing out the older version MBs, I would think they would continue until they're gone, but we'll see.

My wife will be there in a couple hours and I'll report back here. I did read in another thread that someone reported that today would be the last day Disney would be handing out the older version MBs, I would think they would continue until they're gone, but we'll see.

Great! I look forward to your report

My wife just landed with 24 students and they all got the older style grey MBs. She didn't ask about the new ones as she had got some customized MB skins, so was happy they were the old style. Maybe if you customize the MBs they're the new ones but I don't know. Hopefully someone else can keep the updates coming. We're going as a family in March so I really hope they're giving out the new ones by then.

We "re-checked in" again today (strung 3 reservations together) and our bands are the old ones, so was the family checking in beside us (also from out of country) so i'm wondering if they're cleaning up the old stock on us foreigners? Not sure when they'll start giving them out but we've noticed more and more 2.0 on everyone's wrist the last week (they look rather silly on a toddler!)

We "re-checked in" again today (strung 3 reservations together) and our bands are the old ones, so was the family checking in beside us (also from out of country) so i'm wondering if they're cleaning up the old stock on us foreigners? Not sure when they'll start giving them out but we've noticed more and more 2.0 on everyone's wrist the last week (they look rather silly on a toddler!)

Thank you for your report. I will bring our old Magic bands when we check in March 8 then. My youngest (4.5yo) has a really small wrist and she might prefer the old style if we get MB2.0

I just got my magic band and was given the new style.

Do you mind sharing the colour? They won't run out of all colours at the same time, so I could imagine an overlap period where some got old bands and some new, depending on the colours ordered.

I won't be bothered if we don't get the new bands, but I wish there was some way to know what they'll be handing out by March. If I knew for sure that they'd still be the old style, I'd decline most of ours.

We leave on Thursday driving down. I'll report which bands we get at our resort. I kind of like the old style because they are smaller but we'll see.

Do you mind sharing the colour? They won't run out of all colours at the same time, so I could imagine an overlap period where some got old bands and some new, depending on the colours ordered.

I won't be bothered if we don't get the new bands, but I wish there was some way to know what they'll be handing out by March. If I knew for sure that they'd still be the old style, I'd decline most of ours.
I got yellow.

Following the thread -

I check in March 4 and am hoping to get a new style band.

Thanks everyone for reporting in!

Yesterday was my last day to customize my Magicband. Ended up going with red in hopes that i'll get a new 2.0 one when we check in in March. I hope the Magickeepers are available by then too. Crossing my fingers.

I checked in to POP on Jan 28 and got the old style. I commented to the CM about MB2 and she said the resorts were using up the last of the old style before giving out MB2, but I did notice that all guests of deluxe resorts had MB2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter