Magical Oct 4, 2014 Southern Caribbean

I really miss the days of talking to fellow cruisers on the DIS and really getting to know each other. :grouphug: FB just does not seem to have that same touch of getting to know each other. :confused3 I was reading thru an old DIS thread for our 2010 TA sailing and really missing that with our more recent cruises. Oh well, it is what it is and we are sailing with some of those friends we made. :flower3:

I think most cruise groups have their own flavor. My very first cruise, we had an active DIS and FB group. Everyone was very friendly & we got to share the excitement of planning for the cruise.
Once aboard ship, we had a VERY hurried meet & greet & then barely saw any of the group for the rest of the cruise.
On our last cruise, the FB group was great & DIS was pretty active too. We planned activities together & got together when we could. It was absolutely a blast. I think we made some lifelong friends on that cruise.
Unfortunately, I have heard of many online groups who just aren't as social.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I called shoreside again and spoke to a different rep and received the following information about embarkation:

1. The Magic will be docked at the Pan Am Pier - this is across the channel from Old San Juan. Not walkable, but a "short" cab ride from Old San Juan.

2. Check in starts at 11:00AM.

3. Boarding starts between 12:00-1:00PM.

4. Once you have checked/boarded you may disembark and get back on later. Of course, that means you'll need to take a cab somewhere as I don't believe there is anything within walking distance of Pan Am Pier.

5. Drill is at 4:00PM for those who are on board. They have not yet decided whether or not there will be a make up drill. It will depend on how many people do not attend the 4pm drill. If its only a few, they will provide instructions when you check in/board after the drill. If it is many, they are considering scheduling a make up drill. I was told they absolutely will not do all of the intercom/siren stuff if they do have a late PM drill.

6. Dinner and shows at normal cruise times

7. All aboard is at 9:30PM.

I actually didn't ask about the sail away party as we never attend it - too crowded for us.

Thanks for posting! Very helpful info! I just returned from our Alaska cruise with HAL, so now I need to begin research for this trip.

Seems like at least a couple of ports have great beaches an easy cab ride away. We did an organized beach excursion last time and were pretty underwhelmed. I'm thinking we'll stick to a more casual "cab to the beach" approach most of the time on this cruise.

Anyone willing to share info on DIY beach excursions you've researched? How close is the beach to the pier? Method of transportation to beach and cost, etc?

Is there a way to find out which ports dock at the pier vs. those that use a tender?

We have a meet & greet scheduled for 1pm on Sunday, October 5th in my stateroom, 8030. Hope to see everyone there!

Paul

Happy 4th of July. Only 3 months until we sail!

Reminder. Booking tonight for Silver. Good luck to all.

ETA: hope everyone got the things they wanted pixiedust:

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone would like to sit with us at early (main?) (first) dining? I just asked on the Facebook group (where I am Rory Cardi) and I thought I would also ask here:-)

Tom and I are in our late-ish 40s and I would describe ourselves as happy DCL-loving people:)

Please PM me if you are interested. I won't be offended if no one wants to eat with us (sniffle) but I'll just keep having my nightmares about having dinner with Aliens from outer space (I probably shouldn't watch sci-fy shows right before bed!

Thanks!

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone would like to sit with us at early (main?) (first) dining? I just asked on the Facebook group (where I am Rory Cardi) and I thought I would also ask here:-) Tom and I are in our late-ish 40s and I would describe ourselves as happy DCL-loving people:) Please PM me if you are interested. I won't be offended if no one wants to eat with us (sniffle) but I'll just keep having my nightmares about having dinner with Aliens from outer space (I probably shouldn't watch sci-fy shows right before bed! Thanks!

We would take you up on it but we are in late seating! No kiddos, early 40's for us. We had a bad seating arrangement once so I totally understand you looking for tablemates! :)

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone would like to sit with us at early (main?) (first) dining? I just asked on the Facebook group (where I am Rory Cardi) and I thought I would also ask here:-) Tom and I are in our late-ish 40s and I would describe ourselves as happy DCL-loving people:) Please PM me if you are interested. I won't be offended if no one wants to eat with us (sniffle) but I'll just keep having my nightmares about having dinner with Aliens from outer space (I probably shouldn't watch sci-fy shows right before bed! Thanks!
Sorry! Posted twice!

I've never been on a cruise where the group I was sailing with was small enough to not be seated together. Part of me thinks it would be terribly exciting to dine with strangers and get to know them, another part of me shudders at the idea and fills me with enough anxiety to eat at the buffet or have room service for dinner every night.

and it just dawned on me that we're less than 3 months away from sailing! From the looks of things all of you knew this already (I'm just slow). Anyway, is anyone organizing FE groups? I'd like to join if there's room

and it just dawned on me that we're less than 3 months away from sailing! From the looks of things all of you knew this already (I'm just slow). Anyway, is anyone organizing FE groups? I'd like to join if there's room

Please go to the first post in this thread. There are links for signing up for the FE as well as Roll Call & a link to our Facebook page if you would like to join that group. Looking forward to sailing with you :)

Anyone willing to share info on DIY beach excursions you've researched? How close is the beach to the pier? Method of transportation to beach and cost, etc? Is there a way to find out which ports dock at the pier vs. those that use a tender?

Sorry I am just now seeing this! I think we dock at all ports rather than tendering.

I found the following beaches using google maps and travel websites:

Antigua - runaway beach
Barbados - Accra beach
Grenada - grand anse beach
At kitts - short stop so not going to the beach
At Lucia - we want to see the pitons so we're doing a DCL excursion

We will not be going to the beach at each of those first three stops listed above - too much sun for the tiny person and grandparents.

Everyone probably already knows this, but Palo brunch will be offered on the St Kitts morning. I had already booked for the one sea day and so we didn't need the St Kitts day. I'm not sure yet if they have opened it up to everyone.

Everyone probably already knows this, but Palo brunch will be offered on the St Kitts morning. I had already booked for the one sea day and so we didn't need the St Kitts day. I'm not sure yet if they have opened it up to everyone.

I see its available on my planning DCL page...

Only problem with the St Kitts day is the excursions... only the 10:30 would really work and those were gone when I looked at silver opening. Earliest was 11 and thats too close to our 12:15 excursion. With only 4 hours on the island I am sure most start around the same time as ours too.

Please go to the first post in this thread. There are links for signing up for the FE as well as Roll Call & a link to our Facebook page if you would like to join that group. Looking forward to sailing with you :)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Has anyone called yet to get details in the Halloween festivities for the late September and October cruise dates?

It was news to me - I had no idea they decorated for Halloween, had parties, etc.

Will folks be bringing costumes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter