Magical Oct 4, 2014 Southern Caribbean

Question on the FE - I saw on the google site that it's been broken down into teams/groups and that total adults/kids/cabins are tracked.

Are there set guidelines around gifts for the FE for this cruise? One per stateroom, one per person, etc? What is the max per group?

Just trying to figure out if we want to participate this time around. Thanks!

(I am not on Facebook, so cannot check there for answers to these questions.)

Question on the FE - I saw on the google site that it's been broken down into teams/groups and that total adults/kids/cabins are tracked. Are there set guidelines around gifts for the FE for this cruise? One per stateroom, one per person, etc? What is the max per group? Just trying to figure out if we want to participate this time around. Thanks! (I am not on Facebook, so cannot check there for answers to these questions.)

There are no set rules. You can give one gift per cabin or do individual gifts or both. It's up to you. The groups are closing at around 20 cabins. Team Elsa & Team Anna are closed. Team Olaf is still open. Hope this helped.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DCL website had original said Old San Juan but it has recently been changed to Pan Am.

May I ask where you found this info n the DCL website because I'd like to take a peek? I was hoping for Old San Juan since the condo we rented pre-cruise is near it. Thanks for the info!

May I ask where you found this info n the DCL website because I'd like to take a peek? I was hoping for Old San Juan since the condo we rented pre-cruise is near it. Thanks for the info!

Supposedly it has been confirmed by DCL. It was posted by a few others on the boards. That said - if I pull up my cruise details and click on driving directions, it's still sending me to Port at San Juan.

There are no set rules. You can give one gift per cabin or do individual gifts or both. It's up to you. The groups are closing at around 20 cabins. Team Elsa & Team Anna are closed. Team Olaf is still open. Hope this helped. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards[/QUOTE

Thanks. I am doing a stateroom gift for everyone. Any idea when you plan to close the list?

There are no set rules. You can give one gift per cabin or do individual gifts or both. It's up to you. The groups are closing at around 20 cabins. Team Elsa & Team Anna are closed. Team Olaf is still open. Hope this helped. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards[/QUOTE

Thanks. I am doing a stateroom gift for everyone. Any idea when you plan to close the list?

I'll close the list at two months out or when it reaches 20 cabins. At that point, I'll start a late comers list.

Looking forward to booking our excursions on Friday! BTW, the DCL website has a bug where only a couple of the islands are listed on the dropdown menu on the right but if you show all excursions, then the listing on the left has all the ports and excursions listed.:confused3

Seems like at least a couple of ports have great beaches an easy cab ride away. We did an organized beach excursion last time and were pretty underwhelmed. I'm thinking we'll stick to a more casual "cab to the beach" approach most of the time on this cruise.

Also - shoreside confirmed that Palo brunch will only be offered on our one sea day, so I'll definitely be putting in our requests for that first thing in the morning since I forgot to call today.

We don't get to book until July 6th ( I think ) I hope there's still availability at Palo. If not, we will book dinner but I really do enjoy the brunch.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Probably the same for us however I did NOT confirm with DCL:

Dining Rotations
#1 L/AP/C/L/AP/C/L
#2 AP/C/L/AP/C/L/AP
#3 C/L/AP/C/L/AP/C

They confirmed with DCL for their cruise - formal on Sunday, Pirate on Tuesday and Semi Formal on Thursday.

Terminal opens at 11, on board by 9:30. Safety drill is at 5:15. Make up Safety drill if you miss the first one is at 10:15. Boarding starts at 1. Staterooms ready 1:30-2:30.

Probably the same for us however I did NOT confirm with DCL: Dining Rotations #1 L/AP/C/L/AP/C/L #2 AP/C/L/AP/C/L/AP #3 C/L/AP/C/L/AP/C They confirmed with DCL for their cruise - formal on Sunday, Pirate on Tuesday and Semi Formal on Thursday. Terminal opens at 11, on board by 9:30. Safety drill is at 5:15. Make up Safety drill if you miss the first one is at 10:15. Boarding starts at 1. Staterooms ready 1:30-2:30.

There are multiple versions of this schedule on the boards, but shoreside concierge was adamant when I spoke to them two days ago that all aboard was 4:00, drill shortly thereafter. No mention of a make up drill.

Of course, I wasn't a huge fan of that specific shoreside person, so definitely worth a call back to confirm. I'll post again after I call tomorrow.

On-line since midnight trying to book Palo and shore excursions and it keeps telling me that they can't open my reservation due to a system error or someone else on my reservation is making plans (which cannot be the issue as there is only one other person attached to my reservation and he is asleep next to me). I am so frustrated. (had to vent..)

On-line since midnight trying to book Palo and shore excursions and it keeps telling me that they can't open my reservation due to a system error or someone else on my reservation is making plans (which cannot be the issue as there is only one other person attached to my reservation and he is asleep next to me). I am so frustrated. (had to vent..)

Same here... I did get our Palos Brunch booked before this error started. Misery loves company so nice to know we are not the only ones!:sad:

10:25 PM Arizona time (1:25am ET) We finally were able to book all our first choice excursions and Palos! OK time for bed!

There are multiple versions of this schedule on the boards, but shoreside concierge was adamant when I spoke to them two days ago that all aboard was 4:00, drill shortly thereafter. No mention of a make up drill.

Of course, I wasn't a huge fan of that specific shoreside person, so definitely worth a call back to confirm. I'll post again after I call tomorrow.

That is not the information we received. What we heard is extremely similar to lllpath posted.

I called shoreside again and spoke to a different rep and received the following information about embarkation:

1. The Magic will be docked at the Pan Am Pier - this is across the channel from Old San Juan. Not walkable, but a "short" cab ride from Old San Juan.

2. Check in starts at 11:00AM.

3. Boarding starts between 12:00-1:00PM.

4. Once you have checked/boarded you may disembark and get back on later. Of course, that means you'll need to take a cab somewhere as I don't believe there is anything within walking distance of Pan Am Pier.

5. Drill is at 4:00PM for those who are on board. They have not yet decided whether or not there will be a make up drill. It will depend on how many people do not attend the 4pm drill. If its only a few, they will provide instructions when you check in/board after the drill. If it is many, they are considering scheduling a make up drill. I was told they absolutely will not do all of the intercom/siren stuff if they do have a late PM drill.

6. Dinner and shows at normal cruise times

7. All aboard is at 9:30PM.

I actually didn't ask about the sail away party as we never attend it - too crowded for us.

Thanks for getting the scoop on embarkation day! I did finally get all our first choices (i had also gotten Palo brunch before whatever happened happened. I always do that first...i have learned! Glad you got everything you wanted too!

I was confused that the San Juan embarkation day did not have port adventures since there were some posted. Not sure what that is about. We are arriving a couple of days early though so we will do our sightseeing there before the cruise.

Happy Friday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter