• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express Ending Service

Apologies if this was mentioned in previous pages. I skimmed but didn't see it.

We are arriving 12/23 and departing on 1/1 2022. We were driving, but have decided to maybe fly instead. Since we'll be arriving on 12/23, the Magical Express will still be in operation. But would it still be running on Jan 1, since we have an existing trip booked? Or would we need to find transportation back to the airport?

Thanks!!!
it seems to read like it will be running for return service for those arriving in 2021. So it SHOULD be fine. But who knows. I suppose you could book it online and see what happens.

It was ideal when my DD was younger, especially as a single mom, to check our luggage at our home airport and not worry again until baggage claim at our return. I could call bell services and request help in getting our luggage to the resort airline check-in area, check the bags, and go out for some last minute fun. It was my answer to people who would ask me why we were going back to Disney again. Disney made it very easy for me as a single parent with a young child to take a vacation. Now my daughter is older (9), and I think these changes are the push we need to visit Disney less frequently (we’ll still visit, but it won’t be as often) and do more real-world travel.

I am in the exact same situation... I posted almost the exact same thing you said on another board.

Our first trip together she was 5, and I had 2 friends at work that went several times/year & owned DVC so they gave me lots of advice, even with all of that I was nervous traveling as a single Mom... Disney made it soooo easy. That has always been my response when people say 'You're going again?'... Yes, Disney just makes it so easy as a single Mom. To me the luggage service as the biggest perk, so sad that is gone.

US is already less expensive is my guess, but there is far less to do.

Yah I mean, if you stay on site at US at a resort with an express pass (which are typically cheaper than a moderate and sometimes cheaper than Pop), you can bang it out in a day or two, or three days at the other resorts, depending on how leisurely you want to take it (maybe add another day if you want to do the water park).

For me, the problem is that there’s just not enough to justify flying down to Orlando just to do US (I mean maybe once just to see the HP stuff, but not after). Granted, I usually only go to Disney once every few years and tack on US to those trips when I go, because I have to fly in and like to make the trips special when I go. At the same time, anyone affected by the DME cancellation would also be flying in.

Basically, I see how the DME cancellation could have a big cost impact for a small number of parties, but for most people, it is a convenience that appears to offer more financial value than it does. IMO, the prices charged by Disney hotels were always over the top even when you factored in DME. I just think it’s a little overreaction for many people on here to say they are done with Disney because they are taking it away.

Yah I mean, if you stay on site at US at a resort with an express pass (which are typically cheaper than a moderate and sometimes cheaper than Pop), you can bang it out in a day or two, or three days at the other resorts, depending on how leisurely you want to take it (maybe add another day if you want to do the water park).

For me, the problem is that there’s just not enough to justify flying down to Orlando just to do US (I mean maybe once just to see the HP stuff, but not after). Granted, I usually only go to Disney once every few years and tack on US to those trips when I go, because I have to fly in and like to make the trips special when I go. At the same time, anyone affected by the DME cancellation would also be flying in.

Basically, I see how the DME cancellation could have a big cost impact for a small number of parties, but for most people, it is a convenience that appears to offer more financial value than it does. IMO, the prices charged by Disney hotels were always over the top even when you factored in DME. I just think it’s a little overreaction for many people on here to say they are done with Disney because they are taking it away.
I wasn't even talking just about magical Express. I mean all the perks that Disney's taken away like fastpass and free parking at hotels too. Not giving up on Disney I love it too much but universal is a factor now

I wasn't even talking just about magical Express. I mean all the perks that Disney's taken away like fastpass and free parking at hotels too. Not giving up on Disney I love it too much but universal is a factor now

Doesn’t Universal charge for hotel parking?

With more and more being taken away, I'm super discouraged. My kids feel differently (they are grown). They will go no matter the cost or what is taken away. I guess many Disney die hard families might feel the same.

Not a defense of price increases, but one of the reasons WDW did this instead of baking an increase into the room rate is that travel agents and third party booking sites don’t get a cut of the parking fee like they do with the room rate.

Not a defense of price increases, but one of the reasons WDW did this instead of baking an increase into the room rate is that travel agents and third party booking sites don’t get a cut of the parking fee like they do with the room rate.
Will TA and such get a cut of the resort fee that I believe they will eventually tack on at some point?

Last edited:
Will TA and such get a cut of the resort fee that I believe they will eventually tack on at some point?
I hope Disney continues to resist the introduction of resort fees. They add another point of pricing confusion to advertised prices. Many of the places we’ve stayed that do charge them fold in parking and Internet fees as well. I hear people who don’t have a car standing at the front desk complaining about paying for parking they don’t use.

Thanks, ThistleMae, for the email address.
I will send WDW an email today.
I hope all the others on this 27 page thread do the same. It might not do any good, but it can't hurt!
I got an email back from Disney thanking me for my email. I would hope multiple emails will at least be a talking point by management.

I got an email back from Disney thanking me for my email. I would hope multiple emails will at least be a talking point by management.
I got an email from wdw the same day I sent the email to them! They said due to heavy volume on the site, it might take a while to get back to me.
Like you said, at least they know people are upset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter