Magical Deal at the Poly for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't mind, what were your dates? We're there Dec. 5-11, but I think that the special doesn't start until the 10th or 11th? Or....maybe there is a new special?

I inquired about those exact dates. You can fall into the special if you are 5 days before or after the dates listed. Good luck! The price was decent but I think I could do just as good with Orbitz (i priced out POR)

I am wondering since the Labor Day promotion ends on 9/8 does that mean that if you booked your arrival for 9/8 would the days following that not be discounted?

I just assumed the deal ended the 8th and so that any dates following wouldn't be included. Therefore, I booked the weekend before Labor Day. Let me know if anyone decides to inquire!

I just assumed the deal ended the 8th and so that any dates following wouldn't be included. Therefore, I booked the weekend before Labor Day. Let me know if anyone decides to inquire!

They told me you have a 5 day window either before and after the offer dates to book. Hope that helps!

These deals sound fantastic! I just sent in a quote request for our Nov 28- Dec 5 2015 trip. We are currently booked for POR. But, if we can possibly trade up, then why not? I'm not holding my breath, but it's worth a shot!

These deals sound fantastic! I just sent in a quote request for our Nov 28- Dec 5 2015 trip. We are currently booked for POR. But, if we can possibly trade up, then why not? I'm not holding my breath, but it's worth a shot!

I'm going to the AKL 11/27 - 11/29, then Polynesian 11/29 - 12/3. Hotel cost was about $225/night at the AKL with Savannah View, $330/night at the Polynesian with a standard view. All taxes are included in this price. Came out a little over 30% off. Hoping that when the trip gets closer, the deal gets a little bit better seeing the Orbitz is currently giving the additional 15% off the deals currently going on for next Spring!

Looks like POR is currently at about $210/night after taxes but before any discounts. Even if you don't switch to the Poly this magical deal may apply to your room at POR. Worth checking! :)

If you don't mind, what were your dates? We're there Dec. 5-11, but I think that the special doesn't start until the 10th or 11th? Or....maybe there is a new special?

I am going 12/3-12/12 and got the deal.

How many people have been there and back after booking with this company? When you make your deposit, does that automatically show on the Disney site that you have a reservation? When you make your final payment, does it show up? I really want to switch, after having just received our quote, but I've NEVER used a travel agent, so I'm a little worried that I'm about to be scammed. Thoughts? TIA

How many people have been there and back after booking with this company? When you make your deposit, does that automatically show on the Disney site that you have a reservation? When you make your final payment, does it show up? I really want to switch, after having just received our quote, but I've NEVER used a travel agent, so I'm a little worried that I'm about to be scammed. Thoughts? TIA

I have thee reservations booked with them. A split stay in August (Poly for three nights, four nights at the Beach Club). I've also booked two rooms for late November at AKL. I got my confirmation emails with a reservation number within an hour or so of making my deposit. Honestly, I might have gotten the email sooner - it was probably an hour before I botherd to check my email. I plugged the numbers into the MDE app and the reservations showed up right away. If I go to the site on my desktop, I get the options of making a payment (it shows the balance for each reservation). I've never used this travel agency before, but it seems absolutely legit to me.

Quite a few here have already used this company - look toward the beginning of this thread.

I'm not crazy about giving up control of my reservation either, but we got our reservation # quickly & it linked right up on MDE.

The agent has responded right away to e-mails. I didn't cancel our BB until everything linked up.

The only thing I'm not doing personally/directly is payment & setting up ME. I also don't have to check for a better deal like I did last year either as I'm pretty sure I won't find a deluxe for cheaper.

They are a sponsor on Tikiman's site which gave me great comfort.

I've never used a TA as I liked doing things myself. But I couldn't pass up the deal for Oct so have two standard view rooms booked at a fantastic price. I received my confirmation number quickly and was able to link everything to MDE. I contact my TA when I want to make a payment. I will still be able to handle all my fp+ and online check in. I will email her when I get my flights booked for her to set up ME. I did a lot of research on the company and they seem to have a very good reputation. Plus a sponsor on Tikiman's page.

Well, this is my first time using them but I've had a great experience so far. My reservation number they gave me linked up perfectly to My Disney Experience account so I can see it.

Thank you. I saw a lot of posts about people having booked their trips, but no reviews after the fact. I've spoken with the agent today and she explained how it all worked, so I'm definitely more comfortable now. In this DIY generation, using a travel agent almost seems like a foreign concept to me, you know? I think we are going to go for it!

We used them last year for the Labor Day deal and had no issues whatsoever. Received confirmation right away after deposit. My TA is super helpful! Going with them again for the same weekend this year. Now I always check with them before booking through Disney.

We used them last year for the Labor Day deal and had no issues whatsoever. Received confirmation right away after deposit. My TA is super helpful! Going with them again for the same weekend this year. Now I always check with them before booking through Disney.

That's awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience. I made my reservation today, but the ticket page on MDE shows that I have "convention" tickets. Is that typical? Is there any difficulty in using those to visit the park for the full day? Do we have to show proof of being there with a convention? I asked the agent, and she said it was the same as a regular ticket, but I'm just trying to make sure...

I called Disney to verify the type of ticket and the first girl I spoke to was really rude with me over it. I called back, and the second representative was kind and said she couldn't give specific information to anyone other than the person who booked the package, but it sounded like I had full day tickets to her. Thoughts?

It reads "Convention 5-Day w/PH + 1 Fun"

That's awesome! Thank you for sharing your experience. I made my reservation today, but the ticket page on MDE shows that I have "convention" tickets. Is that typical? Is there any difficulty in using those to visit the park for the full day? Do we have to show proof of being there with a convention? I asked the agent, and she said it was the same as a regular ticket, but I'm just trying to make sure...

I called Disney to verify the type of ticket and the first girl I spoke to was really rude with me over it. I called back, and the second representative was kind and said she couldn't give specific information to anyone other than the person who booked the package, but it sounded like I had full day tickets to her. Thoughts?

It reads "Convention 5-Day w/PH + 1 Fun"

The convention tickets are standard under this deal and work the same way as any other regular ticket.

They told me you have a 5 day window either before and after the offer dates to book. Hope that helps!

That is interesting. So I am guessing that it would work like a free dining promo in which as long as your arrival date is included in the promo dates then you get the deal. So if I made my check in date for 9/8 and stayed for 5 nights under that reservation I should get the same % off for all 5 nights....right?

I have booked one of these magical deals before and everything was great. Quick replies and good service. However, I emailed the same TA three days ago and haven't gotten any kind of reply. Anyone else having this kind of issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter