Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

200 is the number they make available for morning EMM. Maybe night version will be different but I don't believe it will be drastically different. They could sell twice as many and honestly, having been there, it would make NO difference at all.

Well, yeah, if you wait till 2 hours AFTER EMM is over you would have to find your own way back. They do offer transportation but not for an unlimited time following something.

Sorry thought you were responding to the MK event. The night version is considerably different, particularly since there is no meal offered and a large portion of the park is open. And it is way more than twice that.

Sorry thought you were responding to the MK event. The night version is considerably different, particularly since there is no meal offered and a large portion of the park is open. And it is way more than twice that.
I was talking about PM EMM. Maybe it's not limited to 200 but no matter what it's very limited and even on a day when all tickets were distributed (for free or sold) is not crowded. Which is the main point, no?

I was talking about PM EMM. Maybe it's not limited to 200 but no matter what it's very limited and even on a day when all tickets were distributed (for free or sold) is not crowded. Which is the main point, no?

I just don't want folks to be shocked, if they are able to sell this closer to the cap they put on it last year ... it will be a slightly different experience. Yes it is very limited compared to other events but the cap was not in the hundreds. They never gave away/sold close to their set cap. Now maybe this year it will have a different cap. We will just have to wait and see how they handle it this year.

That might have been your point. But that doesn't mean it's Disney's point. I mean, they still advertise hard ticket parties as having "limited attendance". Yes, they are limited, but they sure don't meet my expectation of "limited".

That might have been your point. But that doesn't mean it's Disney's point. I mean, they still advertise hard ticket parties as having "limited attendance". Yes, they are limited, but they sure don't meet my expectation of "limited".
I didn't realize you had done one of the events. Being in the park and not seeing another sole sure felt limited to us.

I didn't realize you had done one of the events. Being in the park and not seeing another sole sure felt limited to us.

We went, and even at the end with the reduced price agree it felt very empty and very limited. But that was because of the number of tickets sold, not because of the cap. We just don't know what this year's experience will be.

No doubt it felt limited. I'm just saying that even if you liked it that way, maybe Disney just couldn't sell enough tickets that night and hopes to sell more this time.

Disney sold no where near the number of tickets they hoped. MK CMs who have access to that info know the cap was much higher, they never came close and in fact each night I heard the exact number of tickets used each night. No surprise CMs were shaking their heads and those working non-attraction locations bored to tears.

If you are at the park on event day without ticket do you need to leave the park at regular park closing like party days. I know that you cannot get on any rides

Disney sold no where near the number of tickets they hoped. MK CMs who have access to that info know the cap was much higher, they never came close and in fact each night I heard the exact number of tickets used each night. No surprise CMs were shaking their heads and those working non-attraction locations bored to tears.
True. They did not SELL the event out. But, there were nights where they gave away the full number of tickets. I know folks think they will sell the same number they do for say, a Party. I do not. I guess we'll learn eventually who is right and who is wrong.

True. They did not SELL the event out. But, there were nights where they gave away the full number of tickets. I know folks think they will sell the same number they do for say, a Party. I do not. I guess we'll learn eventually who is right and who is wrong.

Oh, I don't think they are going to sell as many as they do for the parties. Nowhere near that. I'm just saying that my experience with the parties makes me skeptical any time they say something is "limited".

If you are at the park on event day without ticket do you need to leave the park at regular park closing like party days. I know that you cannot get on any rides
You will have to leave. I can't remember now what they did to clear out the other guests. This is much harder to wander around in without a ticket. They give you a very large lanyard that you have to wear, it's pretty easy to see who has one and who doesn't.

They never gave away the full number of tickets based on what the MK CMs were told was the cap and then the number sold & comped each night.

We would love to do this! Except I can't see them offering these at a time when there are parties scheduled.

I'm very interested in the January 27 event. However the posted closing time is currently 8:00pm for a Friday night. I'm anticipating this time to change to 10 or 11. It would be easier to commit if you knew the actual closing time well in advance. Having the park to yourself from 8-11 sounds great. Having it from 11-2, not as much.

I'm very interested in the January 27 event. However the posted closing time is currently 8:00pm for a Friday night. I'm anticipating this time to change to 10 or 11. It would be easier to commit if you knew the actual closing time well in advance. Having the park to yourself from 8-11 sounds great. Having it from 11-2, not as much.

OTOH, if it closes at 11 PM, then you would get 7 hours of MK Park time (7 PM - 2 AM) for your $119, as opposed to four hours (7 PM - 11 PM), with three of those 7 hours guaranteed to not only be limited in attendance, but also including free snacks. IMHO, the later that MK closes, the better the value.

I am SO excited for this--I even added an extra day to my trip just so I can attend this. I attended in May, and it was one of the best experiences I have ever had at WDW.

FROM DISNEY:

The event takes place 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM:

• Thursday, February 2, 2017
  • Thursday, February 9, 2017
  • Thursday, February 16, 2017
And 9:00 PM to 12:00 AM:

• Friday, January 20, 2017
  • Friday, January 27, 2017
  • Thursday, March 2, 2017
  • Thursday, March 9, 2017

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter