Lovmy2girls at the Kona Cafe !

lovmy2girls

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>I tell ya, if yo
The Kona Café is one of our FAVORITE places to eat. We have had the pleasure of dinning here many times. Each time has been great with fantastic food and good service.
The pics in this review are from 2 dinners and 1 breakfast. Like I said WE love this place and can’t say enough good things about it.

Here we all are ready to eat!

DSC02094.jpg

We started off with the drinks. The girls and my mom got smoothies. My husband and I started the night off with a Lapu Lapu and an Algae Bloom Martini and also a Zombi
DSC02096.jpg

DSC02100.jpg

DSC02097.jpg

DSC02107.jpg

My husband got the Kona Chowder for starters both times at dinner. He thinks this is straight from the Tiki gods table. I tell ya, he would eat Kona Chowder the whole trip, breakfast, lunch and dinner, he says it’s that good. I had the Pot Stickers and Sticky Wings. Wow, both were great! Glad you got the warm towels to wipe up with after the wings because they are messy, but worth it.

DSC02099.jpg

DSC02098.jpg

DSC02357.jpg

The bread and olive oil dipping sauce is so good. You don’t want to fill up before the meal on this bread and sauce, but it is so good you just can’t help yourself. It just keeps calling to you “Just one more piece” and before you know it, “Could I get just one more plate of bread please!”

DSC02101.jpg

DSC02102.jpg

Hubby had the Mahi Mahi. Again, he says the Tiki gods must dine on this delicious dish. He had it both times for dinner, so no need for me to tell you how much he liked it.

DSC02104.jpg

My mom had the Coconut Chicken the first night, and I had it on the Second night for dinner. Wonderful dish. Loved every bite! The salad that comes with it has strawberries in it and is so good with the chicken. The chicken is sweet. No need to put anything on it. My girls even had a bite and said how good it was, and for them to say that, it was something I tell ya! If chicken does not have the last name “strip” or “nugget” they usually just turn their heads, if you know what I mean.

DSC02105.jpg

I also had the Pan Asian Pasta for dinner. Very good dish also. I really enjoyed it. Lot of veggies and big hunks of chicken mixed with noodles.

DSC02103.jpg

Just so my girls do not feel left out, here is a pic of their pasta. They both gave thumbs up for this dish, and would order it again.

DSC02106.jpg

Just when you think “Can it get any better??” Yes it can! After telling my husband “No, Kona Chowder is not a dessert!” We decided on the Crème Brulee, Kilahuea Torte, and the girls split a Kiddie Kone. I will let the pic speak for themselves!!
DSC02111.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

DSC02110.jpg

Breakfast at the Kona Cafe is always a last day tradition for us. We always eat here on our “Favorite rides day” to start off our last day in WDW on a good note! We don’t usually eat a big breakfast but always look forward to coffee and Tonga Toast at the Kona Café! Also pictured is the Big Kahuna that we all nibble on. Yes we share our food!

DSC02367.jpg

DSC02366.jpg

To wrap this up, as you might have already figured out, this is one of our favorite places to eat!! We enjoy everything about the Kona Café, and being that it is in our favorite resort, just adds to our enjoyment of dinning here!

Wow~ great pics! You've made me so happy that I made ADR's for Kona in September. I can't wait to try that chocolate torte dessert and my girls were sold on it when I showed them the kiddie cone. Looks like you had a wonderful trip!

Thanks for the pics :thumbsup2 We have breakfast there and love it. We had dinner there one night, but our group was really tired and burned out.
Nothing on the menu had much appeal for us that night, but they were so accomodating they served us some basic stuff we wanted (burgers/fries) that weren't even on the menu! :earsboy:

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GREAT pictures. On my list to try, always have heard great things about Kona!

Great pics - afraid some folks might miss them - could you post them on the PICS thread? :Pinkbounc

I'm loving your reports and pics :thumbsup2

We love Kona too, always had such good food. Glad to see those pics of the yummy drinks :cloud9:

Thanks for posting your review. We are trying Kona for the first time this Sept. Scoutsmom really sold me on Kona and this just sealed the deal ;) Could you tell me about the algea bloom martini, what all is in it? :confused3

I just love all your different reviews and pics! I dont go again for 189 days and I'm ready to try some of your picks! :thumbsup2

Fabulous pictures and reviews!!! I have ADRs booked there for two dinners and this was great to read.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post pics. We are dining there for the first time in Dec. I can't wait!!
Deb

I love reviews with pictures! Thanks so much for posting! When I made my ADRs for November, I originally wanted to try Kona, but just couldn't fit it into my schedule. But after your review and pictures, I am going to switch things around and have dinner there! Thanks again for posting! :cool1:

Please tell me more about the Kona chowder (or perhaps your DH should!). I've never heard about it or seen a pic of it and I'm intrigued. What is in it?

Thanks for the reviews - we have only had breakfast there but are trying dinner and everything looks great.

ktink said:
Thanks for posting your review. We are trying Kona for the first time this Sept. Scoutsmom really sold me on Kona and this just sealed the deal ;) Could you tell me about the algea bloom martini, what all is in it? :confused3

So Sorry, I can't remember what was in the that martini. It was good! I do remember that. Sorry!

Aimeedyan said:
Please tell me more about the Kona chowder (or perhaps your DH should!). I've never heard about it or seen a pic of it and I'm intrigued. What is in it?

Thanks for the reviews - we have only had breakfast there but are trying dinner and everything looks great.

Disney Husband here, It’s a typical chowder (actually not so typical). Like in terms of the Caribbean and or Conch chowder or lobster chowder, kind of a bisque. This one has lobster, fish, shrimp and all manner of other things sacred to the Tiki gods of ole. I would have offered to take the cook home in an attempt to woo him or her into giving me the recipe, but as Disney Wife is reading this thread, I have to be careful I tried to get a recipe in this fashion once before and was threatened with legal action and not from the cook (my wife). Suffice it to say, if you like this sort of food (chowder, bisque) your taste buds are in for a real treat! :banana:

Thanks for the review. We are going to Kona Cafe for our 4th of July meal so you gave me some great ideas!!

Maggie

That looked soooooooooooo good. So good, in fact, I am considering making an ADR for dinner (I already have one for bfast).

YUM!!!!!!! Thank you! great job

That looked soooooooooooo good. So good, in fact, I am considering making an ADR for dinner (I already have one for bfast).

YUM!!!!!!! Thank you! great job

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter