Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts - We're still here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's a frightening thought. DD9 woke up this morning, looked outside and said, 'It snowed last night!' We all ran to the window and thankfully saw it was just frost! It's cold enough this am for snowm but I'll take frost anyday!!

So here's a frightening thought. DD9 woke up this morning, looked outside and said, 'It snowed last night!' We all ran to the window and thankfully saw it was just frost! It's cold enough this am for snowm but I'll take frost anyday!!

Oh yeah - frost here too baby!
2.gif
But then it's going up to 62 degrees today - CRAZY!

Running around again today. Amanda has another follow up with her oral surgeon in Boston; have to pick her up at school, go into Boston, then get her back to school. Yeah - another day spent in the car! Thanks for the suggestions re: my dentist. They did offer to break up the payments over three months; I'll ask about maybe spreading out over a year.

So Lauren tells me last night that her friend (the one who I think acts WAY older than she is) is dressing up as a "sexy" referee for Halloween! What the heck is that? And why does a 12 yr.old have to dress up as a "sexy" anything? She showed Lauren a picture of herself in costume on her cell phone - she's wearing a black mini-skirt and a cropped striped shirt. Again, I'm shocked her mom is letting her dress up like that! Last year, they came trick-or-treating with us in our neighborhood; DO NOT think I'll be inviting that along this year!:sad2: And to illustrate how wide the gap is between this girl and Lauren: Lauren and her Barbie-loving friend and her sister are going as the Jonas Brothers. Lauren's costume consists of skinny jeans, button-up shirt, converse sneakers and a guitar! :cutie: And, this is the friend who has now been giving Lauren a hard time about those lunch cards I was putting in her lunch box. Lauren wouldn't take them and show anyone but she said it made her smile just to see one in there; now she doesn't want me to do them anymore because she's afraid this friend will find out and make fun of her. God, I really hate how she just can't be comfortable liking what she likes and just not caring what a "few" people would think!

Middle school!:headache:

Kara- Drive safe and have a great weekend. Hope you don't have to deal with BSIL. If you do you may want to go back to HDDR for that pitcher of beer:thumbsup2

So of all the photos I've posted on here, you remember the one of me drinking a pitcher of beer!!! :rotfl2: What does that say about me?
17.gif

Oh, and I don't think we're driving to SC today. It's rainy and nasty with "gale force" winds today. I just don't want to be on the road with all those trucks in weather like this. So I think we'll go in 2 weeks....

Yeah that shirt is called applique. I'm not very good at it, but this worked out well.

YES! Applique! It looks great! There's more to it than just cutting out fabric and stitching on though, isn't there?

Oh yeah - frost here too baby!
2.gif
But then it's going up to 62 degrees today - CRAZY!

Tis the season.... for colds and flu, due to all the crazy weather changes.

Running around again today. Amanda has another follow up with her oral surgeon in Boston; have to pick her up at school, go into Boston, then get her back to school. Yeah - another day spent in the car! Thanks for the suggestions re: my dentist. They did offer to break up the payments over three months; I'll ask about maybe spreading out over a year.

Hope Amanda Panda gets a good report! :thumbsup2

So Lauren tells me last night that her friend (the one who I think acts WAY older than she is) is dressing up as a "sexy" referee for Halloween! What the heck is that? And why does a 12 yr.old have to dress up as a "sexy" anything? She showed Lauren a picture of herself in costume on her cell phone - she's wearing a black mini-skirt and a cropped striped shirt. Again, I'm shocked her mom is letting her dress up like that! Last year, they came trick-or-treating with us in our neighborhood; DO NOT think I'll be inviting that along this year!:sad2: And to illustrate how wide the gap is between this girl and Lauren: Lauren and her Barbie-loving friend and her sister are going as the Jonas Brothers. Lauren's costume consists of skinny jeans, button-up shirt, converse sneakers and a guitar! :cutie: And, this is the friend who has now been giving Lauren a hard time about those lunch cards I was putting in her lunch box. Lauren wouldn't take them and show anyone but she said it made her smile just to see one in there; now she doesn't want me to do them anymore because she's afraid this friend will find out and make fun of her. God, I really hate how she just can't be comfortable liking what she likes and just not caring what a "few" people would think!

Middle school!:headache:

If it makes you feel any better, at least you made it to middle school. I'm now dealing with this in 2nd grade!!!!

Poor Ally came home Wednesday crying because she's getting teased on the bus. She doesn't want to ride the bus anymore. As much as it breaks my heart, she needs to learn to ignore these bullies. So I didn't back down and drive her to school. The next day was a little better I guess.

The kids were teasing her about her clothes, cause, well, I dress her like a 2nd grader!!!! Then when I went out to get her some pants and jeans, I noticed that kids wearing her size are apparently not supposed to dress like kids anymore. It's so sad. She's between a 6X and a 7. All the clothes that go up to size 6X are very young and cute. As soon as you hit size 7, it's all hussy clothes! Seriously! I had to pay $20 for a pair of Hannah Montana jeans cause they were the only ones that fit her, and in my opinion, they're too old for a 7 year old. But I guess if I keep her in the "baby" clothes, she's bound to take some heat from the hussies on the bus. I hate it!

And she's so petite and cute, that the older boys on the bus (when I say older I mean 3rd grade!!!) like to bug her but sitting in her seat and not moving so she can get out, that kind of thing. It's awful. Who would think of this in elementary school!!! I told her to make sure she sits at the front of the bus, because usually the bullies hang out in the back (like Laura's daughter!!! j/k! But I couldn't resist! :rotfl2: ). They now have assigned seats and Ally is in the second row. And I really like the bus driver. He seems very nice and actually keeps the kids in line on the bus. He just can't catch everything, and I can't expect him to help out Ally all the time. It sucks, but she needs to learn now not to let people upset her. So I tried to explain the expression "what goes around, comes around." I think she gets it.

Being a mom really stinks sometimes....

R u kidding me? Ally is getting teased because of the way she dresses??? WHT?????:mad: Thank god I didn't deal with that at that age. I know what you're talking about with the jeans though. Lauren is tall and thin; needed a big size for the length but then the jeans would just be swimming on her. But still, she LIVED in Gymboree clothes all the way up to the end of 3rd grade; had no problem with that. Then we had step into the world of "hussy" clothes (love that word!:lmao: ) I'm glad Lauren didn't start wearing Limited2 clothes until then - she was around a size 8/10 in that store. But I couldn't believe their sizes started at size 4 - some of the clothes were so inappropriate for a girl that young!

I'm sorry she has to go through all of that already!

And, yes, you mentioned the cold season starting with all the crazy weather; well, I think I'm getting one. I've had a dull headache and have been sneezing for the past two days. Oooh - maybe I'll be too sick for the wedding tomorrow!:rolleyes1

Hiya all,

boy am I glad we have uniform for school over here!!!!! That said , we had a non-uniform day today - kids actually told me what they wanted to wear IN ADVANCE..... so I could make sure it was washed and pressed. Not just a rush in the morning!!! Nearly died of shock:goodvibes

Did persuade them that spaghetti strap tops were not suitable - A) for school!!! b) for late OCTOBER.:eek:

DH is travelling over the pond to Annapolis (sp??) next month - for a whole week!!! Sooooooo not fair, but we'll have some girly nights in with a movie etc, so hopefully the kids won't be too horrid!

Erin - love the "corporate look" !! we are decorating our living room at the moment - not too bad - but HELPPPP HOW do you paper a stairwell????? I know there must be a special way you decorators fold the paper to stop it sticking on the wall at the bottom before you get it onto the wall at the top (let alone the fact this is going to be up a ladder!!!!!)- any advice on that is most welcome!!!!

Tessa

R u kidding me? Ally is getting teased because of the way she dresses??? WHT?????:mad: Thank god I didn't deal with that at that age. I know what you're talking about with the jeans though. Lauren is tall and thin; needed a big size for the length but then the jeans would just be swimming on her. But still, she LIVED in Gymboree clothes all the way up to the end of 3rd grade; had no problem with that. Then we had step into the world of "hussy" clothes (love that word!:lmao: ) I'm glad Lauren didn't start wearing Limited2 clothes until then - she was around a size 8/10 in that store. But I couldn't believe their sizes started at size 4 - some of the clothes were so inappropriate for a girl that young!

I'm sorry she has to go through all of that already!

And, yes, you mentioned the cold season starting with all the crazy weather; well, I think I'm getting one. I've had a dull headache and have been sneezing for the past two days. Oooh - maybe I'll be too sick for the wedding tomorrow!:rolleyes1

Yeah, Justice just opened near our house and Ally loves that store. They sell hooker high heels in there, in Ally's size!!!! I just don't get it, but apparently parents are okay with it. I go in there at the end of season and get little t-shirts, shorts, etc. I also got her some cute leggings and long peasant style shirts. Very cute, stylish, but still looks like a little girl.

Take care of yourself and don't overdo it! Also, my advice is "vitamin C whenever you pee." Seriously. It works.

Hiya all,

boy am I glad we have uniform for school over here!!!!! That said , we had a non-uniform day today - kids actually told me what they wanted to wear IN ADVANCE..... so I could make sure it was washed and pressed. Not just a rush in the morning!!! Nearly died of shock:goodvibes

Did persuade them that spaghetti strap tops were not suitable - A) for school!!! b) for late OCTOBER.:eek:

DH is travelling over the pond to Annapolis (sp??) next month - for a whole week!!! Sooooooo not fair, but we'll have some girly nights in with a movie etc, so hopefully the kids won't be too horrid!

Erin - love the "corporate look" !! we are decorating our living room at the moment - not too bad - but HELPPPP HOW do you paper a stairwell????? I know there must be a special way you decorators fold the paper to stop it sticking on the wall at the bottom before you get it onto the wall at the top (let alone the fact this is going to be up a ladder!!!!!)- any advice on that is most welcome!!!!

Tessa

Tessa you are so brave to paper up a staircase!!!! I have never attempted wallpaper, with the exception of borders. Our pride and joy was our master bedroom in our first house. We did the faux suede paint look on the walls, then Jeff cut and hung a picture rail, and I hung a border below it. Loved this room. I can remember staying up til 2am the night before Thanksgiving trying to get this room finished because we had Jeff's whole family coming over the next day.

MasterBedroom.jpg

We got our first snow Wednesday. It was beautiful, but didn't stick of course. (I love the snow.) We did have a really good frost for the 3rd time last night. My black van was white this morning, and DH had to scrape his car before work.
As for costumes, YUCK! Remember when costumes were cute. My kids are not sexy anythign, they don't ask but they would know the answer. But OH, the things I have seen some of their friends getting. ICK! My oldest wants to be a vampire (she's in HS and loves the Twilight books). I bought that. My other two like homemade costumes, so that is a bit more work. My youngest saw her sister's costume last year and said "I call it for next year!" So that was easy enough. It is "Sharpa, the High School Musical Witch." It is a witch costume, but really pretty, all pinks. The cape is made from HSM pillowcases and decorated with pink fur trim and the hat is pink and decorated with silver glitter musical notes. So she will wear that thei year, and my middle daughter wants to be an I-Pod pun. We are making it this weekend. It will be a green pea pod and instead of peas they will be eye balls, so, not an I-Pod but and EYE-Pod. It is perfect in my head, I hope it turns out as well. I think it will. I am happy she still likes the ones we make together, DD14 has grown out of that (but I think it's still scool taht she is dressing up.)
My kids are at a new school this year and we jsut found out the really don't celebrate Halloween much. They actually scheduled picture day on Halloween.:confused3 My youngest gets to wear her costume for one hour at teh end of the day, but no parade, party or as the teacher put it, parents.:confused: My middle DD no halloween at all, no costumes, no party, no anything. Her teacher said they will be having fun with the Iroquit indians and invited me to come in and help so taht's something. Being new to the school I don't know what the reasoning is, All the other schools in the district allow it, so I don't know, but I already didn't like the school that much but this makes me a little more :mad:. But, what can you do? I know they do something for Christmas, I signed up to volunteer for it, so maybe they just don't like Halloween. Too bad though, the kids are bummed about it. We are having a big party with both my GS troops so that will be fun.
Alright, my vent over. Sorry!

I'm with you on not liking schools. We just moved here a year ago and I'm so dissappointed in what was supposed to be "A" school district. It doesn't hold a candle to our old school in SC.

Love the homemade costumes. Unfortunately Ally is going as a princess for the 5th year in a row. Not very exciting for me. Love the "EYE"pod idea!!! How cute!

I remember one year a friend and I went as a pair of dice. Just painted a big box white, then stuck on the dots all over. it was fun.

Kara- Out of all of those pictures that one sticks out because it showed how much you needed that drink. :lmao: Stinks you had to change you plans though stupid weather.

I realized that in the original posts for the new thread I hadn't added any pictures well now I have.

Well Ladies a cleaning organizing day for me. I am going thru and getting rid of all of the junk. I hate knick knacks. Also cleaning supplies that we never use. What a task Mike is such a pack rat:sad2:

Jillian - you're right - I soooo needed that drink!!! :rotfl2:

And now I know which pic of your family I will remember - of course evry pic of the Badookie - way too pretty! But my new favorite is the one of Mike with the PINK carrier/bag. :lmao: How many times has he complained about it being pink? Knowing my husband, it would be every time he had to carry it! :rotfl2:

It's crazy how girls are about clothes, fashion and stuff. they are only in fourth grade or middle school. I don't understand how girls get crazy about these things. DD9 had a little girl tell she couldn't be her friend because she didn't have 4+ American Girl dolls.:confused3 I don't understand.

I made some clothes for DD9, so told her friends I made it and her friends called her a liar. I remember when all my friends' moms made our clothes and it was no big deal. Now it's strange. Sorry but I can't afford the $40 for a basic shirt at Limited Too. DD9 barely understands fashion as it is. Today she went to school in jeans that were WAY too long for her, hello I can hem, and she had folded them up at the bottom. I'm sorry but she looked ridiculous! Well I would love to be able to help her with her fashion sense, but we had had a HUGE fight on Wednesday so I wasn't going to start ripping into her outfit.

I don't understand them.

I agree about the slutty referree - her parents definitely need to take a look at that.

Jillian - you're right - I soooo needed that drink!!! :rotfl2:

And now I know which pic of your family I will remember - of course evry pic of the Badookie - way too pretty! But my new favorite is the one of Mike with the PINK carrier/bag. :lmao: How many times has he complained about it being pink? Knowing my husband, it would be every time he had to carry it! :rotfl2:

He is actually really good about those things he doesn't mind carrying my purse,but when he had seen that picture he took a fit saying why didn't I remind him he had that on.:rotfl:

I am going to try and get a different color or bag just not sure what is best.

It was 28 degrees here this morning - 28 DEGREES!!!!!!!; and then went up to 63 degrees this afternoon! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was 28 degrees here this morning - 28 DEGREES!!!!!!!; and then went up to 63 degrees this afternoon! CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been down to 19 here already - most nights around 28-33 or so - between 60 and 72 in the daytime. That is our typical Indian Summer. I want the real Summer back!

Jillian! I'm sorry I didn't see your posts before I commented - thanks for sharing the fun pics of your family - beautiful wedding dress! And of your beautiful baby boy!

Kids are so mean with their comments. I don't know why everyone lets their kids grow up so fast. :confused3 It must be a challenge, especially with the girls.

I'm finally home on Friday, and none of you are there!

we are staring at snow for Sunday.

missed everyone. Tim's home this week. Thus no computer time.

sneaking around at work ;)

Hello. I'm skimming again - forgive me.

I would have said Nicolas is doing better - but now, I don't know. That cough sounds worse tonight. Our clinic is open all weekend - so I might do that or the children's hospital if it sounds worse. At least it was deamed a "light case"

I'm eyeballs deep in a 40th birthday project for one of our friends - the gig is tues. We rented a limo (never rode in one of those).

JILLIAN - are you insaine!?!?!?! You had no sleeves and piles of snow in your wedding shot!!!!! You people from Boston crack me up with your ability to handle the cold.

Enjoying the pics - gotta find where I put my photopass CD and fire up my external harddrive to post some, so I'll get it done soon, but don't hold your breath!

Guess what Nicolas & Carlos have??? A stomach bug too! I'm about to go mad. Seriously. Nicolas doesn't wipe his own butt yet, so :rolleyes1 I'm just rolling in the fun around here!

I'm tired - I think I will call it a night - just wanted to say hi! :)

I had the heat on last night and the windows open this afternoon. What happened to the nice fall days we expect here? Oh well winter is coming soon and the spring then Disney.
Hello. I'm skimming again - forgive me.

I would have said Nicolas is doing better - but now, I don't know. That cough sounds worse tonight. Our clinic is open all weekend - so I might do that or the children's hospital if it sounds worse. At least it was deamed a "light case"

I'm eyeballs deep in a 40th birthday project for one of our friends - the gig is tues. We rented a limo (never rode in one of those).

JILLIAN - are you insaine!?!?!?! You had no sleeves and piles of snow in your wedding shot!!!!! You people from Boston crack me up with your ability to handle the cold.

I was 7 months pregnant I was smokin hot all day long! I went thru 3 pitchers of water. It snowed 15 inches the night before the wedding and we only had 80 guests instead of the 120 we were suppose to have. They were sending guests home with take out boxes of food from the buffett because there was so much left over.

Enjoying the pics - gotta find where I put my photopass CD and fire up my external harddrive to post some, so I'll get it done soon, but don't hold your breath!

Guess what Nicolas & Carlos have??? A stomach bug too! I'm about to go mad. Seriously. Nicolas doesn't wipe his own butt yet, so :rolleyes1 I'm just rolling in the fun around here!

I'm tired - I think I will call it a night - just wanted to say hi! :)

we are staring at snow for Sunday.

missed everyone. Tim's home this week. Thus no computer time.

sneaking around at work ;)

I can't believe you said the "S" word!!!:scared1: It's going to rain tonight and I'm so thankful it's not that cold yet. I'm sending some warm thoughs your way to try to keep you warm.

Everyone is talking about HSM3 here, we're not going to see it until 11/1 and I think I'm going to get a screening group together for the girls. I think that would be fun.

:sad1: I'm very sad today. All my flowers that were blooming so nicely outside my window have all died. Winter is coming.:sad1: Hello I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet!!!!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter