Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts - We're still here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you say cat grooming?

katherine says hi to "dookie". Is bad that she recognizes everyones pictures?

Tammie--now that i have seen your photo more than once. I swear I have met you before. Hmm never know from where though. You left the frozen tundra long ago.

Thanks for the welcome.
OK, here's what's on my mind this morning (an the last several mornings).
Our trip is in 28 days. We always buy matching t-shirts for our trips. I bought large so we got to wear them the last 2 trips, but if I had been really smart, I would have bought an extra size up so my oldest could move into it, and the younger 2 could move into their next older sister's shirts. But, I didn't and now we have no shirts as my . My DD14 and I designed some and they are nice but I can't figure out where to have them printed. I have done them myself before, but they don't seem to last but a few washings. So, do I pay a fortune and have them printed or do I jsut assume thy are only for this one trip and let them fall apart. I just don't know and I am running out of time. I need to make a decision by the weekend I think, so I can do what I need to do be it start printing iron ons or order them. Yes, there are many bigger issues that should be on my mind, and are, but I am running out of time and have to igure this out. Anyone have better luck with iron ons than me (if so, e=what kind) or know a place that will print t-shirts affordably? Also, do they print Disney related things or not?
Thanks guys for welcoming and letting me get this out AND hopefully for advice...

We've got your solution!!! Go to Jiffyshirts.com and order cheap Hanes Beefy T's for like $3 each. Get on the Creative DISigns thread on the DIS and get personalized designs made for your family. Check out Natalie and Kellybell they both have some awesome designs that they will personalize for you! Just print out the designs on transfer paper, iron on, and voila! You have personalized shirts for your trip and even if they only last through one or two washings, you will have only spent about $20 on all of them!!!

This is what I did for our trip in May -

image772.jpg

image736.jpg

image021.jpg

Thanks, your shirts are cute. Actually they are some of the ones we are thinking of using. I did go to DISign boards and got some ideas and my DD14 made our own. We have some cute ones. I was just worried about spending a ton of money on t-shirts and then having the iron ons fall of right away, but for $3 shirts that wouldn't be so bad. I'll have to check out Jiffyshirts, thanks for the tip. I'm thinking while we are there we will wash them and hang to dry to try and keep them nice for the trip. We made really cute shirts for my DDs' Girl Scout troops and the iron ons fell apart, so that was why I was worried. But again, if the shirts don't cost much then not too big of a deal. I better order today so i can work on them in time.
Thanks again...

When you do the transfers to the shirts, make sure you prewash the shirts with NO fabric softener and NO bleach before you do the iron on. The ones I buy for dark fabrics hold up really well. The ones I use for white shirts, last for maybe 2 washes. But I'm really bad and I dry everything too. Different brands react differently. I had some that bled everywhere when they got wet, others were just fine. It's really weird.

Now, the ones for the dark shirts, can you use them on white shirts too or would that not work? (I've never used those.) Thanks for the tips about no fabric softener, maybe that was a mistake I made as I do use fabric sheets. I used Avery brand which is usually good but they were for whites. I never thought there would be a difference for the darker ones but maybe that is worth a try, or maybe I will get colored shirts, they don't seem to cost much more and if they hold up better that would be worth it.
You are making me feel so much more realxed. I am thinking I will buy the t-shirts tonight. Hopefully they will come by next weekend so I can get them done then and I know I will feel so much more relaxed. My DD14 is making such a cute one, it's old family photos from our previous trips arranged like Mickey. She's almost done but there is no time in the week to work on them, but she will finish this weekend.
Thanks again for your tips, the problem in "real life" is none of my friends are interested in Disney (can you believe that???) and they think this sort of stuff is just silly. It's nice to chat with people who understand. DH listenes, but has no helpful tips to share as this is more my department.

love the shirt ideas. Don't worry we all understand the obessesion.

Kara still love the BSIL pics....

Laura- Yes I said Cat grooming. Scotch is a Maine Coon She gets very tangled because her 1st owner use to get her groomed all of the time. I just have her shaved now the lion cut.

Tell Katherine Dookie says hi too!:cutie:

Newbees Welcome?
I am a total worry-wart. I am better than I used to be, but still have my moments. I was reading through some of your old thread and it seemed so noce to have people to bounce stuff off of, or, well, vent.:rotfl:
Anyway, just wanted to say HI...

Welcome! :cheer2: We always love getting to know a Newbie! Like Kara said, we love planning together, and our friendships are an added bonus - stay and get to know us - it's a great group of gals!

The one second from the left must look like your ex! Big floppy ears, big nose, hairy.... :rotfl2:

I noticed the butt when you posted this before!!! How funny! :lmao:

Tammie - it's so obvious that Ryan is yours and Mark is Jim's!!!! I mean I know they're BOTH of yours, but you know what I mean!

Renee - OMG! Pneumonia??? I feel for you! Take is easy and try to remember to take some time for you, too! Don't burn yourself out!

Laura - ICE!!! Yeah, I think I kinda hate Kara, too. Living in FL now. What a slacker she is! :rotfl2:

I'll catch up more later!!!

Camie's ex - :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Funny, but actually, people usually see it the other way around - except for personality - Ryan is definately my son! :thumbsup2 And Mark is definately Jim's!:goodvibes

Wow Kara on and off early this morning?

Welcome Newbee!!! Please feel free to bounce anything off of us. We all Love planning our trips together.

Well so much for Dising Badookie just woke up and we need to take the cat to get groomed. I LOVE spending $50 on her :headache: for a haircut hmm... I wonder if I could put that money to better use?

Hope everyone has a good day. It is FREEZING here.

$50 to groom a cat :eek: Oh well, I'm not a cat person.

did you say cat grooming?

katherine says hi to "dookie". Is bad that she recognizes everyones pictures?

You're just training her right!

Tammie--now that i have seen your photo more than once. I swear I have met you before. Hmm never know from where though. You left the frozen tundra long ago.

I probably look like all the other Norweigans out there :rotfl2:

Thanks for the welcome.
OK, here's what's on my mind this morning (an the last several mornings).
Our trip is in 28 days. We always buy matching t-shirts for our trips. I bought large so we got to wear them the last 2 trips, but if I had been really smart, I would have bought an extra size up so my oldest could move into it, and the younger 2 could move into their next older sister's shirts. But, I didn't and now we have no shirts as my . My DD14 and I designed some and they are nice but I can't figure out where to have them printed. I have done them myself before, but they don't seem to last but a few washings. So, do I pay a fortune and have them printed or do I jsut assume thy are only for this one trip and let them fall apart. I just don't know and I am running out of time. I need to make a decision by the weekend I think, so I can do what I need to do be it start printing iron ons or order them. Yes, there are many bigger issues that should be on my mind, and are, but I am running out of time and have to igure this out. Anyone have better luck with iron ons than me (if so, e=what kind) or know a place that will print t-shirts affordably? Also, do they print Disney related things or not?
Thanks guys for welcoming and letting me get this out AND hopefully for advice...

We did the same thing Kara is speaking of - bought matching shirts at Walmart really cheap - $3 and $4 and then did our designs from the DISign boards.

000_0027.jpg

000_0023.jpg

000_0021.jpg

000_0019.jpg

Have Fun! :banana:

Love, love, love the t-shirts!!
I like the different styles. Here's a short I did like it.
IMG_0144.jpg

Here's a picture of my glam girls
IMG_0555.jpg

I can't believe we're off to another thread - they finally found us. We've been too busy playing Toontown, that's why I haven't been here lately.

On the Sewng front - I'm still working on the cushions. Right now I'm redoing a ballet skirt for a friend's daughter. Then I'm going to make myself a tan suede skirt.

I'm kinda sad, DH threw out the idea to go to Disney the week before Christmas. So I priced a vacation and then he said no. HE'S KILLING ME. Well I think we're going to go August next year, but my head is spinning with this craziness he's sending me through.

Glad to see everyone is doing great!!!

Hi Guys! Busy, busy day today. Had my consult with my dentist today to discuss a plan going forward. Man, oh man! She wants to replace some fillings and crowns; do a deep-scaling for my gums, yadda, yadda, yadda. And I still need to a permanent filling and crown put on that tooth that just had the root canal. The cost for all of this? $5000!!!!!!:scared1: Lucky me - our dental plan is paying $1000 - that's my maximum!:mad: Holy crap!

Good news of the day: thought I would need to purchase a dress for this wedding on Sat. because I feared that NOTHING in my closet would fit. Well, decided to try on a dress from three years ago and it fit! And better yet - it's purple, which I'm told is a "hot" color this fall. :yay:

One other score for me. Yeah, I know I'm complaining about how much my dentist is going to cost but does that stop me from buying things? Of course not. (yes, I have a problem but that is a discussion for another day!) Anyway, I've been wanting my own iPod for awhile now. I'm been taking Lauren's to the gym and it really makes me enjoy my workouts so much more; I decided to get my own - because she now likes to listen to hers on the bus. Anyhoo, the Nano was $149.95 at Best Buy; the salesman tells me the 2yr. warranty is an additional 19.95. Well, I get to the register and the warranty rings up $49.95 - the price had gone up! But the signs were still out for the old price. Well, the girl on the register tells me that she thinks the store needs to honor the lower price and she finds a manager. Manager tells me he can't change the price of the warrantly - I'll have to be charged the $49.95; BUT he'll take $50 off the price of the iPod! I have NO IDEA why he did that! So for the original price of $150, I got the iPod AND the 2yr. warranty. So now I don't feel so bad about my purchase!

:welcome: MickeyMomofThree! As you've heard from the others, this is a great, fun bunch of girls. I hope you stick around! And, I would listen to Kara's advice about the shirts - we don't call her "Martha Jr." for nothing! (which reminds me, I have to still put mine together!)

Cammie - does your dentist finance? I know when I had to have 5 crowns done a few years back, my dentist (who btw, was HOT, but that's another story!!!) financed it interest free over a year. That was a huge relief!

As for the Ipod! You go girl!!! Hey, like I always say, "It's not how much you spend, it's how much you SAVE!" Needless to say, Jeff doesn't like that saying too much! :rotfl2:

Oh, and yea for the dress fitting!!!

Tina - Love that first shirt! I've wanted to try that, what's it called??? I can never remember, but I'm so chicken. I keep wanting to say decoupage but I know that's wrong. What is the word??? Gonna drive me crazy until I remember it!!!!

I just finally logged out of work. It's so busy that I hate to log out right at 5 and then start the next morning with 12 voice mails already. So this way I'll start fresh tomorrow and I can hopefully keep up until we leave at 2, if we leave at 2 to go to Jeff's parents. It's supposed to be cold, windy, and rainy the whole weekend, plus the air show is inJacksonville this weekend, so we might push our weekend back to next week or the week after. Fine by me! We've got a lot we could get done this weekend if we don't go.

Anywho.... y'all have a good night!

Hi Ladies,
I am spending a couple days with my cousin so I don't have a lot of time but I wanted to say I LOVE all the pix and welcome...........
Newbees Welcome?
I am a total worry-wart. I am better than I used to be, but still have my moments. I was reading through some of your old thread and it seemed so nice to have people to bounce stuff off of, or, well, vent.:rotfl:
Anyway, just wanted to say HI...

Cammie...sorry about the dentist! I would hate it too! Paying all that money to a dentist! Yuck!
Tina...Glad you found us!
Kara, Laura, Jillian, and Tammie,,hi to you all too!

Hi Guys, thanks for the welcomes. Love all the shirts (especially the onezies, so cute!) I told DD14 to get herself ready for some serious work this Sunday getting them done and printed (Saturday is HSM3 and the pumpkin patch, I am taking both my GS troops to the movie then the pumpkin patch). I am going to go look through the t-shirts and try to get them ready to be ordered. I did look at Walmart, but I'm afraid October in Upstate NY there were limited t-shirts available.

You guys sure do look like you are having fun and what nice friendships you have built.

Tina! Your girls look so cute! I wondered where you were - glad you're back!

Cammie - :scared1: about the dentist. I had $3000 in work needed. I still need about half of it - I'm waiting for my retirement money to come in so I can pay the $400 copays for each crown. That's after 2 insurances. :sad2:

Kara - have a great weekend!

Debbie, have fun with your cousin!

Mom of 3 - have fun with your shirts.

Hi Jillian and Renee! I guess we are all over on this thread now?

so is the trip back on???

No we are going in May for Badookie's birthday. I think we are going to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge so he can see the animals. I am still not sure Wilderness Lodge maybe a possibility.

Renee- I hope your monkey feels better.

Cammie- My dentist has a payment plan too we have never used it but I think they are interest free too.

Debbie- Have fun with your cousin

Kara- Drive safe and have a great weekend. Hope you don't have to deal with BSIL. If you do you may want to go back to HDDR for that pitcher of beer:thumbsup2

Tammie- Yes 50 Dollars for a Cat Haircut she has been leaving tumbleweeds of fur around and I cannot stand it.

Well went and bought Badookie a winter hat today it was so cold I am also looking for mittens and a second hat.

Tina - Love that first shirt! I've wanted to try that, what's it called??? I can never remember, but I'm so chicken. I keep wanting to say decoupage but I know that's wrong. What is the word??? Gonna drive me crazy until I remember it!!!!

Anywho.... y'all have a good night!

Yeah that shirt is called applique. I'm not very good at it, but this worked out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter