Loews Card ?

I'm also wondering what benefits first-timers receive. The RPR site says that:

Youfirst is Loews Hotels' way of acknowledging and thanking our most loyal guests in ways that are personal and meaningful to them. Some of the benefits of YouFirst include:

Complementary in-room internet for Blue,Gold, and Platinum levels
Room upgrade, based on availability for Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels
Complimentary use of fitness center for Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels
Late check-out for Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels
American Express points (when paying with an American Express card)
Special partner offers

I'm guessing that the lowest level is Blue?? Or is there a lower level?? So a first-timer would get the free in-room internet, free use of gym, upgrade if available, and late check-out?

I'm also wondering what benefits first-timers receive. The RPR site says that:

Youfirst is Loews Hotels' way of acknowledging and thanking our most loyal guests in ways that are personal and meaningful to them. Some of the benefits of YouFirst include:

Complementary in-room internet for Blue,Gold, and Platinum levels
Room upgrade, based on availability for Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels
Complimentary use of fitness center for Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels
Late check-out for Blue, Gold, and Platinum levels
American Express points (when paying with an American Express card)
Special partner offers

I'm guessing that the lowest level is Blue?? Or is there a lower level?? So a first-timer would get the free in-room internet, free use of gym, upgrade if available, and late check-out?

You have to have at least 2 stays to become a blue member.:thumbsup2

Oooh...well...boo. LOL. We live in Tampa (usually) and don't stay at the parks all that much...and usually at Disney. My husband is NOT going to be happy if he has to pay to use the gym... :headache:

Does anyone know what would happen, if say, I booked a trip as a Platinum member tomorrow for a date in 2010, when I would drop to gold.

Would I still get to keep the suite? Would I get food and beverage credit etc... ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Does anyone know what would happen, if say, I booked a trip as a Platinum member tomorrow for a date in 2010, when I would drop to gold.

Would I still get to keep the suite? Would I get food and beverage credit etc... ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

after re-reading the loews youfirst rules again, i am assuming that you can't expect to be keep the platinum level benefits in 2010 even if you book in 2009.

if you book while at platinum level and then drop to gold level january 2010, i would think they would let you book a suite but the hotel just might charge the $50 per night for that 2010 stay.
you would at least have the suite reserved in advance if you booked this year.
you wouldn't get the $100 food and beverage credit once you are gold.

if you don't have the required number of stays in for 2009 to keep platinum level, you are dropped down to the next level, gold, on january 1st of the new year.

now that is based on what the rules and regulations are presently on the loews site.

you never know if we are going to be "gifted" again for next year.
what a joke that was !!

if that happens, who knows what they will allow....
they changed the program around so much, it is not worth it to even start up with it.
and for those, such as you and myself that have been members since the program started, we are all out of luck.

i did make the required stays last year in order to keep my platinum status for the new program, but know i won't for this year.

i'll be gold next year.

if you drop to gold next year, you won't get the food and beverage credit.
it lists that gold can get an upgrade if available at time of reservations made.
a gold member can upgrade to a suite for $50, assuming per night.

this is from the website:

All upgrades are applicable to certain room and suite types only and subject to availability.
Blue members receive a room upgrade, if available, upon arrival.

Gold members receive an upgrade to a premium room, if available, guaranteed at time of reservation.
Gold members can also enjoy a suite upgrade for only $50 per night, if available upon arrival.

Platinum members receive a premium upgrade, if available, guaranteed at time of reservation.
Platinum members also receive a suite upgrade, if available at time of reservation, at no additional cost.

** 3 hours beyond the regular check-out time, if available.
*** Gold members are guaranteed reservations with 48 hours notice; Platinum members are guaranteed reservations with 24 hours notice

the "catch" with the guaranteed reservations time period is only going to happen if they have a room available.

the same with the late check out.
in past years, the platinum only gave me a 2 hour check out mainly due to the fact i had a suite and it was during the HHN time period. the hotel was fully booked and needed my room asap.

for other years, i did get the late check out.
last year i received a 4 hour late check out.

it is difficult to predict what loews is going to do with the youfirst program for 2010.

you could go ahead and book as a platinum member.
who knows if they will let you slide or enforce the rules.
that is, if the rules stay the same for next year.

with the report of posters, the rumor is that AP and other third party bookings will be allowed for hotel stay credits soon.
the website doesn't reflect that yet but a poster said they have it in writing it will be allowed for their stay.

i'll stay with the onsite hotels until my perks run out.
after that, i'm going with what is best financially for me.

i know.
i'm not much help on your question.

Thank You Mac ! You were helpful.:thumbsup2

I am indeed going to book 2 dates before I drop down to gold next year, and see what happens.

I will take a chance , and put the ball in their court.Then I will rely on my gift of gab and charm;) to keep the perks.

at the very least, you will have secured your suite.

you book at platinum level which guarantees you an upgrade at the time of booking.

then when january rolls around, and if they do drop the platinum members down to gold for not fulfilling the number of stays, your suite has already been secured.

the $50 upgrade charge at gold level, well, let's wait and see if they do charge you for that.

Does anyone know when it changes? I think I remember something in the small print about a change at the end of June or some type of rolling date.

If in DC please visit the Loews there. They took very good care of me. They take great care with everyone there no mater what level you are.

Does anyone know when it changes? I think I remember something in the small print about a change at the end of June or some type of rolling date.

If in DC please visit the Loews there. They took very good care of me. They take great care with everyone there no mater what level you are.

the Loews you first site states the the levels are from Jan 1st to Dec 31st.

in the email that was sent out last December to all members, it also stated those were the eligibility periods that determine the level members were on.

it further stated that if a member does not maintain the number of stays each year, they will be dropped down a level in January.

something is not right.

the site was not upgraded to reflect the change of rules from December 08.

that has to be confusing as the emails that were sent out December 08 stated the benefit year is based on the calendar year starting January.

Also, some posters on other threads have it in writing that the stays booked with the AP and other discounts are valid for credit.

The website doesn't reflect that.

whatever..........you can't keep up with their rules.

this is what is on their website now:

Terms & Conditions
Rules and regulations of YouFirst membership.
Loews Hotels (“Loews)” may change the YouFirst Program (the “Program”) rules, regulations, benefits or processes, and special offers at any time without notice, Specifically, among other things, Loews may change or terminate partner affiliations, requirements and rules for earning YouFirst benefits, quality of each benefit provided per stay and per year, continued availability and benefits types.

YouFirst benefits and points awards are based on completion of a qualifying stay at participating Loews-branded Hotels. A qualifying stay is one at any standard rate published by the hotel.
Group, volume corporate, Government, Government Group, Advance Purchase, F.I.T. and consortia rates do qualify under the terms of the YouFirst Program. Third party, Universal Passholder and Universal Florida resident rates do not qualify, nor do rates through any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer.

The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando does not qualify for YouFirst benefits.

A stay is defined as all consecutive nights at one hotel, even if the Member checks out and checks back in during those dates. The Member must reserve the room in the Member’s name and stay overnight. Stay credit for YouFirst is for individual travel only. Only one Member per room will receive credit for each stay. Requests to divide or consolidate folios after the stay will not be accepted. Membership benefits apply for the Member only and are not transferable.

Loews reserves the right to modify or limit the availability including, among other things, imposing blackout dates and limiting special offers, guaranteed availability, or upgrade benefits.

Free fitness center access where fees apply. 50% off resort fee where applicable. Food & Beverage credit not valid at restaurants in Universal Studios® Theme Parks.
Loews reserves the right to terminate the entire Program with six months’ advance notice to all then-Active Members, and immediately upon notice to all then-Active Members in the case of a termination relating to the substitution of a similar replacement program. You will be considered an “Active Member” so long as you have stayed in a Loews Hotel during the previous twelve months.

American Express® and Membership Rewards® points will be awarded once per stay. American Express® and Membership Rewards® are registered trademarks of American Express Company. For complete details about these programs, please visit:www.membershiprewards.com.

To earn Membership Rewards® Bonus Points from American Express®, the guest must be enrolled in both the Membership Rewards® program and YouFirst at the time of stay. Member must provide their 15-digit American Express® Card number in their YouFirst profile. Reservations must be made in the name of the YouFirst member and reservations must be charged to the same eligible Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Card indicated in profile. Bonus points based on qualified stay. Bonus points will be credited to the Membership Rewards® account within 10-12 weeks after completion of a qualifying stay. Individual terms and conditions, as well as annual Membership Rewards® program fees, apply for certain Card products. For more information on the Membership Rewards® program, visit www.americanexpress.com/rewards or call 1-800-AXP-EARN. Bonus ID-7403.

Membership in YouFirst is free and available to individuals residing in countries that legally permit participation in frequent stay programs. YouFirst members will be responsible for any applicable taxes earned in the form of points from American Express®, or any other benefits earned under the Program.
Fraud or abuse concerning membership privileges and benefits is subject to appropriate administrative and/or legal action by Loews, including termination of YouFirst benefits, and revocation of membership. In addition, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to immediately discontinue membership of any individual member, if such member acts in a manner inconsistent with local, state, or federal laws or ordinance, or in a fraudulent or abusive manner; otherwise misuses the benefits of membership; or fails to pay any valid bill or account when due to any branded Loews hotel. Nothing contained in these Membership Rules shall limit Loews, or any hotel, in the exercise of any legal or equitable rights or remedies.

Loews makes no warranties or representations, either expressed or implied, and expressly disclaims any and all liability (including consequential damages) with respect to the Program or any goods or services provided through the Program.

Neither Loews nor our Program partners are responsible for requests or correspondence lost or delayed in the mail or via electronic mail. Loews is not responsible for, and reserves the right to correct, any pricing or typographical errors, errors of description, or errors regarding participating properties or partners.

Membership levels are as follows: Basic membership begins upon enrollment; Blue Membership requires two (2) qualifying stays; Gold Membership requires five (5) qualifying stays; Platinum Membership requires ten (10) qualifying stays.

Qualification for Membership Levels will be determined based on a rolling 12-month cycle, beginning July 15th, 2008 (the YouFirst Program Launch Date). Meaning, a Member must stay at a Loews property 2 times within any 12-month period following 7/15/08 to earn Blue status, 5 times within any 12-month period following 7/15/08 to earn Gold status, and 10 times within any 12-month period following 7/15/08 to earn Platinum status.

If a Member does not earn enough qualifying stays during the 12 months following a change in status to progress to the next level of membership or to maintain the Member’s existing level of membership, the Member will be downgraded to the next-lower level of membership on the 1-year anniversary of that change in status (12 months after earning status). For example, if a Member earns Gold status on October 1, 2008, but does not qualify for Gold status as of September 30, 2009 (has not had at least 5 qualifying stays in the most recent 12 months), that Member would be downgraded to Blue status as of October 1, 2009.

Benefits will also be provided on a rolling 12-month schedule. Per the example above, the Member would begin enjoying Gold benefits as soon as he earned Gold status on October 1, 2008 and would continue to enjoy those benefits for the following 12 months, until September 30, 2009. If, at that time, he has not had at least 5 qualifying stays in the most recent 12 months, the Member would be downgraded to Blue status and begin enjoying Blue-level benefits for the following 12 months.

In the event a member does not remain an Active Member (as defined above) that membership may be cancelled at the sole discretion of Loews.
All interpretations of these membership Rules, Terms and Conditions shall be at the sole discretion of Loews.

something is not right.

the site was not upgraded to reflect the change of rules from December 08.

this is what is on their website now:

Terms & Conditions
Rules and regulations of YouFirst membership.

YouFirst benefits and points awards are based on completion of a qualifying stay at participating Loews-branded Hotels. A qualifying stay is one at any standard rate published by the hotel.
Group, volume corporate, Government, Government Group, Advance Purchase, F.I.T. and consortia rates do qualify under the terms of the YouFirst Program. Third party, Universal Passholder and Universal Florida resident rates do not qualify, nor do rates through any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer.

mac...the site is updated as I was there Friday (I think?).... It now DOES say Universal Annual Passholder IS a qualifying rate...as is FL resident....

from their site:

2.YouFirst benefits and points awards are based on completion of a qualifying stay at participating Loews-branded Hotels. A qualifying stay is one at any standard rate published by the hotel.

Qualifying Rates include: Consortia, Volume Corporate, AAA, AARP, Government, Package, Group Association, Group Corporate, Group Government, Advance Purchase, Florida Residents and Universal Passholders.

Non-qualifying Rates include: Internet Third Party, as well as rates through any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer. The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando does not qualify for YouFirst benefits.

If my BF is getting into town way before me, can she check in for us if she is on the ressie? I am trying to retain my Plat. benefits and want to make sure the room is in my name!

If my BF is getting into town way before me, can she check in for us if she is on the ressie? I am trying to retain my Plat. benefits and want to make sure the room is in my name!

i'm not sure.
i don't know if you will be the one that has to check in or not.
since you hold the ressie, why wouldn't she wait until you arrived and you both check in together?

i have had to show an id when i check in.

In case you have not received it yet I go the e-mail from Lowes saying I needed to complete 9 stays to keep my platinum status after December 31st.

I have 2 accounts we deal with and I received the email for each account a few days apart.

So for those that were wondering it seems they will really downgrade us this year.

It was a good run while it lasted. I got several years out of it so I really can't complain.

I really wish Lowes had more hotels so I could keep my status.

I got the email saying I need 5 more qualifying stays when I have had three stays this year alone, so I should only need 2 more stays... (which isnt going to happen, but hey, I want credit for my three!! lol)

During my travels recently I have stayed at I Prefer resorts when a Loews is not available. They seem very much alike.

When I booked our stay I was told I was a blue member and could request an ugrade at check in - which I'm great with.

However, I was just checking Loews site and it says that blue is when you have stayed 2+ times, we have only stayed once. When you do a booking does it count as a stay :confused3

I just don't want to get my hopes up as to the potential of an upgrade - and then be shot down at check in.

If we do get an upgrade would it be into a suite as we are already staying club?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter