• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from WDW, Nicki & Todd do the F&W and 10 days worth of food!!!

the middle one is the black bean hummus that tasted like (these are DH's words not mine) B.O. and the last one is the white bean hummus that had no taste at all.

:lmao:

So I haven't made it through the whole report yet, but I just had to comment. I know exactly what your DH is talking about! I find that when foods are spiced too heavily with cumin, it tastes like BO (not that I know what BO tastes like....:rolleyes1 )

Sorry you didn't enjoy Boma.

And PS I'm joining the bandwagon on not liking the zebra domes (blech!) I also don't like Skool Bread so flame away :upsidedow

Hey~What are the dates that you are taking your neices? By the looks of your ticker, our trips may be overlapping again. DH and I will be there January 21-28.

Hey~What are the dates that you are taking your neices? By the looks of your ticker, our trips may be overlapping again. DH and I will be there January 21-28.

Nicki~ I was just coming here to ask you the same thing! I'll be there the 21st - 28th also! How weird is that? :upsidedow

:lmao:

So I haven't made it through the whole report yet, but I just had to comment. I know exactly what your DH is talking about! I find that when foods are spiced too heavily with cumin, it tastes like BO (not that I know what BO tastes like....:rolleyes1 )

Sorry you didn't enjoy Boma.

And PS I'm joining the bandwagon on not liking the zebra domes (blech!) I also don't like Skool Bread so flame away :upsidedow

No flames from me, School Bread and Zebra Domes are not on my list anymore...they just do not do it for me!

Nicki~ I was just coming here to ask you the same thing! I'll be there the 21st - 28th also! How weird is that? :upsidedow

Hey we will be there the same time! We arrive on the 21st, probably around 7pm and then leave on Sunday the 25th around 3pm.

Where are you guys eating? We might run into each other

Hey we will be there the same time! We arrive on the 21st, probably around 7pm and then leave on Sunday the 25th around 3pm.

Where are you guys eating? We might run into each other

Here is what our schedule looks like while you're there..........

21st
Dinner @ Ohana

22nd
Animal Kingdom
Breakfast at Tusker House
Lunch at Yak & Yeti

23rd
Magic Kingdom
Crystal Palace Breakfast
CRT dinner

24th
Epcot
Askershus Breakfast
Teppan Edo Dinner

25th
Le Cellier Lunch and then Downtown Disney

It will just be me and DH. We look like this................
100_0852.jpg

If you see us, please say "hi" :thumbsup2 . I love your reports, so it would be really fun to meet you.

Trixiequilts~That goes for you too........if you see us, please say hello.

You guys are too cute!! Well you know what DH and I look like and we will be with a 12 year old and 6 year old girls that will be dragging us all over creation! They both have very dark brown curly hair and wear ponytails all the time.

I left my ADR plans at home but I think they go like this:

Wed the 21st arrive at Poly and eat at Capt Cooks around 7ish

Thurs the 22nd breakfast at CP and dinner at Tonys - all day at MK

Fri the 23rd breakfast at Norway Princess and dinner at Coral Reef - all day at Epcot

Sat the 24th breakfast at Ohana, go to HS for the day, dinner at Whispering Canyon

Sun the 25th breakfast at Tusker House, hang at AK until 3ish and go home :sad1:

Well, dangit. My plans don't match either of yours. :headache:

21st MK
22nd DHS
23rd AK
24th MK
25th EP.

My plans are up for some adjusting, maybe, so if anything changes, I'll post here or on your pre-trip report. You are doing a report for this trip, right? Please? It will be so interesting to hear what you think of more "kid-oriented" places.

I'm considering doing a dining report, that way I can get all the action of a TR without having to show our pics.

Well, dangit. My plans don't match either of yours. :headache:

21st MK
22nd DHS
23rd AK
24th MK
25th EP.

My plans are up for some adjusting, maybe, so if anything changes, I'll post here or on your pre-trip report. You are doing a report for this trip, right? Please? It will be so interesting to hear what you think of more "kid-oriented" places.

I'm considering doing a dining report, that way I can get all the action of a TR without having to show our pics. Doesn't it make you wonder if people are famous if they don't want to show their pic? Well, either famous or ugly! :lmao:

Well our plans may change, it depends on the kids right? I will probably do a pre-dining trip report and may do a live report but if the girls are driving us nuts than I may scrap that one. :laughing:

I hope you do a dining report, nothing I love better!

You guys are too cute!! Well you know what DH and I look like and we will be with a 12 year old and 6 year old girls that will be dragging us all over creation! They both have very dark brown curly hair and wear ponytails all the time.

I left my ADR plans at home but I think they go like this:

Wed the 21st arrive at Poly and eat at Capt Cooks around 7ish

Thurs the 22nd breakfast at CP and dinner at Tonys - all day at MK

Fri the 23rd breakfast at Norway Princess and dinner at Coral Reef - all day at Epcot

Sat the 24th breakfast at Ohana, go to HS for the day, dinner at Whispering Canyon

Sun the 25th breakfast at Tusker House, hang at AK until 3ish and go home :sad1:

Well, it doesn't look like we match up much, but we're planning on doing some park hopping, so maybe we'll run into you anyway. I'll keep an eye out :)

I'm hoping to do a dining report after this trip as well.........I figure it should be easier to remember to take food pictures when I don't have a 14 month old screaming at me because I'm not cutting her food up fast enough :laughing: . It will definitely be different for us without the girls, and I bet it will be REALLY different for you to go with kids. DH and I were just talking about that last night actually.

You can find Rosa Regale in most liquor stores, if not ask and they can order it for you! My DFi and I love it!!

I have no idea HOW I've managed to just now find this report!! I am SOOO behind! Subscribing, of course. :thumbsup2

Alan

You can find Rosa Regale in most liquor stores, if not ask and they can order it for you! My DFi and I love it!!

I did find it at our local Publix...YUMM-O! Plan on serving it on Thanksgiving!

I have no idea HOW I've managed to just now find this report!! I am SOOO behind! Subscribing, of course. :thumbsup2

Alan

Just glad you found me Alan! Enjoy! Cannot wait for your next one either!!

Everything looked so good Nicki! Great pictures, again!

Your experiences at the AKL CL looked like Boma 24/7! I don't think I would have left that room the whole vacation... Mmmm...

That prime rib at Cape May buffet looked fantastic. I'm thinking of booking there because of that one pic! Again, mmmm...

Your reviews are excellent! I really like how you describe everything on the plate, the pictures are great, thanks!

ps I am getting an error in this link
MK SNACKS, COSMIC RAY'S LUNCH, MAIN STREET CANDY STORE

page will not come up

Everything looked so good Nicki! Great pictures, again!

Your experiences at the AKL CL looked like Boma 24/7! I don't think I would have left that room the whole vacation... Mmmm...

That prime rib at Cape May buffet looked fantastic. I'm thinking of booking there because of that one pic! Again, mmmm...

Thank you, glad you enjoyed them! That is the cool thing at the CL places, they serve food that the resort restaurants have...now I am spoiled and want to try CL at other resorts!

That prime rib was out of this world and with the house made horseradish sauce, wowza!

Your reviews are excellent! I really like how you describe everything on the plate, the pictures are great, thanks!

ps I am getting an error in this link
MK SNACKS, COSMIC RAY'S LUNCH, MAIN STREET CANDY STORE

page will not come up

Thank you....I will check on the errors...I think I accidentally deleted a few photobucket pics...whoops

Hey Nicki! Are you going to do a pre-trip report for your next vacation?

Yes, please let us know if you do a pre-trippie!

Alan

Hi guys! Yes I am sure I will do a pre-trip food report, look for it in early to mid January!

MickeyNicki- You always have the best reports. I am curious do you have any good suggestions in Naples to eat at? I think we are splitting our stay with disney/Naples and going in June now. We have been down there alot, but always look for new places to try.

MickeyNicki- You always have the best reports. I am curious do you have any good suggestions in Naples to eat at? I think we are splitting our stay with disney/Naples and going in June now. We have been down there alot, but always look for new places to try.

That is awesome! Where in Naples are you staying?

Some of our favs are:

Yukihana for Japanese hibachi and sushi. It is located on Davis Blvd in the Publix Shopping Center

Steamers for fresh seafood flown in from NE every day. It is located in the Bed Bath and Beyond plaza on Airport and Pine Ridge

Little Italy has amazing Italian food. Located on US 41 East Trail, down the street from Downtown Naples and across from 7-11

For the best sandwiches and homemade soups (think Soup Nazi from Seinfeld) we love Larry's Lunchbox. It is in a tiny strip mall on Airport Road, across from the courthouse and Devoe Pontiac. The owner is just as cranky as the Soup Nazi too but the soups are totally worth it.

La Bamba for Mexican food, they have the most amazing pork tamales you will ever eat. There are 3 locations in this are but the best one is in the Bed Bath and Beyond plaza, right next to Steamers.

We have been to alot of the Downtown Naples restaurants but find them totally over-rated and WAY overpriced.

For pizza we love Napoli's, located in Downtown Naples next to the restaurant The Dock at Crayton Cove. Just a small hole in the wall with amazing Italian food and pizza that is to die for.

I am sure there are alot of other places that I just cannot think of right now but DH and I do frequent alot of chain places like Panera Bread Co., Chilis, PF Changs etc.

Have a fantastic time!

Thanks for the ideas. Normally we always go to the Dock so i know where you are talking about for the pizza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter