• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from WDW, Nicki & Todd do the F&W and 10 days worth of food!!!

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
Hi everyone! So since the new theme on the dining review board is pre-trip reviews I decided to do one too! :banana:

For those of you that know me (and DH) by reading my other reports WELCOME BACK! For those of you that don't you may want to stop reading, turn back now, pretend you never heard of MickeyNicki because I have read that my reviews have caused heavy drooling on one's keyboard and I do not want to be responsible for ruining your computer! :laughing: Heck they make me drool too! :rotfl2:

Here is a little bit about the two of us:

Me: Turning 36 on Oct 19th :cake: , EGAD when the heck did I get old? I am a heavy duty planner that drives poor DH crazy with a scazillion questions about resorts, meals (from CS to TS) and just about anything in between, and then gets confused as to why he sighs and just shakes his head at me....and then gets upset when he throws a wrench into my plans! Love to try new foods, not a wine drinker but love to imbibe on all other cocktails. Secretly want to go to WDW solo but knows that DH will never let me leave him behind! :rolleyes1

DH: Is 35 (yes I robbed the cradle by 6 months :eek: ) and is super mellow and easy to please. He is the calm to my crazy, the go with the flow to my freak out the man who doesnt get upset when I take over his dessert because it is much better than mine...now that is a man worth marrying! :thumbsup2 Loves any kind of food and is up to trying new things. He is such a busy guy that he NEEDS these long vacations, not just a want but an actual need to chill out and relax. Poor little stressed out thing, doesnt help being married to an "Entertaining" thing like myself :angel:

And just so you can put a face with the names here is a picture of us at Xmas at the GF....see how relaxed his position is and how I am ready to bounce to the next thing???

100_0608-3.jpg

Ok lets hear it AWWWWWWWWW! Yeah thats us, as sweet as can be :rotfl:

PEPPER MARKET DINNER
MARA BREAKFAST
HERBIE'S AND BACKLOT EXPRESS
AKL CL LOUNGE CHAI TEA OFFERINGS
BOMA DINNER
AKL CL LOUNGE CORDIALS AND DESSERT OFFERINGS
AKL CL LOUNGE BREAKFAST OFFERINGS
SUNRISE SAFAR PIZZAFARI BREAKFAST BUFFET
JIKO DINNER
AKL CL BREAKFAST
F&W BOOTHS TAKE 1
AKL CL AFTERNOON TEA
FULTONS CRAB HOUSE
GOOFYS CANDY CO.
AKL CL LOUNGE BREAKFAST
TONYS TOWN SQUARE LUNCH
AKL CL LOUNGE DINNER
BOMA BREAKFAST PART 1
BOMA BREAKFAST PART 2
F&W BOOTHS TAKE 2
FLYING FISH DINNER
GERMANY CANDY STORE AND FRENCH BAKERY
MAIN STREET BAKERY BREAKFAST
MK SNACKS, COSMIC RAY'S LUNCH, MAIN STREET CANDY STORE
F&W TAKE 3 & LOTUS BLOSSOM CAFE
BOARDWALK INN BAKERY
BOARDWALK INN BAKERY BREAKFAST
TANGIERINE CAFE AND F&W TAKE 4
CAPE MAY CLAMBAKE PART 1
CAPE MAY CLAMBAKE PART 2
BOARDWALK BAKERY BREAKFAST & SAN ANGEL INN LUNCH
TUTTO ITALIA DINNER
CAPE MAY BREAKFAST PART 1
CAPE MAY BREAKFAST PART 2

Lets talk about the trip and then the food....back in Dec 07 I came home to the best mail anyone could ever receive....no I am not talking about Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes mail (but yes that would be nice too :lmao: ) I am talking about Disney mail! Any type of Disney Mail is welcome in my house!

This as a long postcard that once opened read the greatest sentence that has ever been written.

Want to know what it read? Are you dying of the anticipation?? :rotfl:

It said.....Come back to WDW and we will give you 40% off deluxe accommodations! Well I think the wording was a bit different, with more finesse but this will give you the gist of it. ;)

Ok what, did I just read that right? No way! Ok so WDW has a way of getting my attention. I mean we just came back 6 weeks earlier so the timing was fantastic since we did not have any other trips planned.

On this postcard there was a bunch of dates that were available for this fantastic offer. We booked March/April (link in my sig) and Aug (again link in my sig) and guess what!? My birthday was covered on the discount!! We always go in October so this was like a very early birthday present for me!

The date of discount started on Oct 19th and ran until I think Nov 1st so I booked Oct 19th for 3 nights at AKL CL and the last 4 nights at BWI so we could be closer to Epcot.....after all it is F&W and it is a closer stumble, er I mean walk, to our room after a night of cocktailing and tasting. Choosing resorts proved to be so difficult because at the time, everything was open. AKL was a no brainer because of the price and the CL that was offered. BWI because of the location....we have not stayed at either before.

Then I wanted to add another night at AKL CL so we could do the Sunrise Safari and then I added another night at AKL regular because, well do I really need a reason to stay at WDW for another night???? So I have 4 different reservation numbers, yup thats right 4!

So here we go, Oct 17th to Oct 22 at AKL and Oct 22 to Oct 26 at BWI.

Next up, the most important thing, FOOD BABY!

The food, oh boy the food. Meals on vacation are a super important thing to us and that is because I cook all of our meals just about every single day. I make our breakfasts, pack our lunches and cook our dinners. We go out to eat maybe twice a month and one time might be a pizza! We do this not only to save money(which it saves alot!) not only because we are very busy people and this is easier but because, well I am a darn good cook :thumbsup2
When on vacation we love to try different places, love to find new favorites and visit old ones too. LOVE to have different cocktails and most of all I love the planning. Seriously I really enjoy looking over the menus and reading all the fantastic reviews that fellow DISers write and am tickled pink over the pictures. I will make DH sit down and look at it all and he says, yeah put me down for that!

I have learned so much fantastic information on this board it is crazy. We have been going to WDW since 93 and did not know about school bread until 05! I know that is ridiculous but I had no idea that Norway had such wonderful pastries! :confused3

Our reservations have changed more times than I can count. When my 180 day mark was set I was on the phone at 7am and in 20 minutes time I had everything I wanted, or so I thought. Over the last 6 months I have changed things around so many times it is dizzying and DH has been the entire reason why, ok that was not entirely true but he doesnt read these boards so he wont know I said it! :rolleyes1

The last 3 trips that we went on DH has changed our dining plans at the last minute. I do not complain although inside my entire body is tingling with irritation ..... I mean come on where was his opinion BEFORE the trip?? ;) That being said I do not expect all of our dining plans to be set in stone, I do anticipate DH cancelling some of them and adding in something else and that is ok because there are a few that I refuse to cancel and he knows it because on my itinerary those places are written in bold large red font that has a disclaimer....it reads:

"IF YOU TRY TO CANCEL THIS RESERVATION THAT IS GROUNDS FOR DIVORCE"

So needless to say he takes me seriously! :goodvibes

:lovestruc I absolutely Love your dining reports! I am jealous you get to go to WDW so much. I get to go twice this year and I am in heaven!!:woohoo:

I am definately in for this review. Can't wait for the F&W reports. :thumbsup2

:yay: A Nicki & Todd review!!!!

AWWWWW, y'all are a beautiful couple! I secretly would LOVE a solo trip to the World also!

I hope y'all enjoy BWI as much as we have, it is so convenient to EPCOT. We've done our share of stumbling, er I mean walking....:rolleyes1

Looking forward to this girlfriend!:thumbsup2

I'm in!!! This is going to be a great one - I have read your other reviews! :goodvibes
Come on Oct. 22 - I need Food and Wine reviews!:flower3:

Woohoo! She dipped her toe into the reviews pool! :banana:

If I happen to see you at the kiosks, I'm definitely going to say hello.

I'm in......bring it on!!! :banana: :cool1:

Welcome!

Count me in! popcorn:: I love your dining reviews! :goodvibes

Thanks and welcome aboard!

:lovestruc I absolutely Love your dining reports! I am jealous you get to go to WDW so much. I get to go twice this year and I am in heaven!!:woohoo:

Thank you! I love living so close to WDW....I wish I lived much closer so I could go alot more!

I am definately in for this review. Can't wait for the F&W reports. :thumbsup2

Me either, I love F&W

:yay: A Nicki & Todd review!!!!

AWWWWW, y'all are a beautiful couple! I secretly would LOVE a solo trip to the World also!

I hope y'all enjoy BWI as much as we have, it is so convenient to EPCOT. We've done our share of stumbling, er I mean walking....:rolleyes1

Looking forward to this girlfriend!:thumbsup2

Hey GIRL! How are ya! Yeah Todd is pretty cute, I think I will keep him :laughing:

I'm in!!! This is going to be a great one - I have read your other reviews! :goodvibes
Come on Oct. 22 - I need Food and Wine reviews!:flower3:

Thanks for joining in! I LOVE your reviews and keep re-reading your posts and drooling over your pics!

Aren't you going to tease us with a line-up?;)

Its coming at ya, been at the pool all afternoon with the nieces....gorgeous day here today.

Woohoo! She dipped her toe into the reviews pool! :banana:

If I happen to see you at the kiosks, I'm definitely going to say hello.

Absolutely! I would love to meet ya! Cannot wait to sample all the yummies!

Since we are staying CL at AKL for a few days I am not planning on TS breakfasts except for the Sunrise Safari and of course BOMA! I just love me some Boma and I cannot believe that I am staying at AKL and not eating breakfast there every single morning....well maybe we will, who knows with the two of us! :goodvibes

Also, since we are staying for 10 days we will be having alot of chill out and relax time, pool time, balcony time etc. No rush for anything on this trip, just how DH likes it. The CL lounge should come in handy for snacks and drinks and stuff, I promise to take lots of pictures.

When we move to the BWI we want to try the BW Bakery too, I hear they make a mean breakfast sandwich

Here is what I have for TS breakfasts:

Sunrise Safari - never been before but it falls on my birthday and DH said lets go for it, who knows when we will get the chance to stay CL there again.

Boma - If you have read my reports you know that we love the place. It is just the best!

Grand Floridian Cafe - Never been here before and after having dinner here in August I decided to add breakfast, the menu looks so good

Kona - A favorite for us, Tonga Toast is a must do for DH

Cape May - Been to this one many times and love it although I wish they would bring back all the fresh berries on the yogurt bar, that is my favorite. Saving this one for our departure day and as a surprise for DH .... he is a Donald Duck fan and he has no idea that Donald is now there!

Onto to our lunch plans....they will be a combo of CS, TS, CL and F&W.

Mara - Ate here for lunch once in Dec 06 and was not impressed but I am thinking that we may grab something here while chilling at the pool. I am excited about the soup and the falafel wrap that they offer.

Flame Tree BBQ - Love this place but have not been here for years. I am thinking this may be a possibilty if we hang around AK after our Sunrise Safari

F&W - This is why we are coming to WDW after all! I want to try about 90% of the food offerings, some of my favs are coming back and some of my not so favs like that terrible lobster roll!

Tony's Town Square - Never been before but the lunch menu looks sooo much better than the dinner one so I thought we would try that instead of the Plaza.

Cosmic Ray's - DH loves this place and it has been a while since we have dined here so I hope to fit it in.

San Angel Inn - Never been to this one before but I added it at DH's insistance. The new menu looks good so I hope the food is too.

I am also hoping to add in Columbia House in MK and WPE in DTD so we shall see.

Great choices!! Just try to fit WPE in :goodvibes.
I am so looking forward to your Sunrise Safari review. This might be something to do next summer. :thumbsup2

Nicki - I didn't know San Angel had a new menu, where can I find it? We just decided today to add a few days onto our vacation so I'm looking to fill a few spots!:goodvibes

Onto the dinners....DH and I love to have a nice TS dinner and relax. I think I picked some great ones but can you believe that DH asked me to cancel Cali Grill? We were going through our agenda and he said where is Kona? I said you asked me to cancel it for Fultons. He said ok add it back in. I said where? He said what is this Cali Grill place? I told him all about it, showed him the menu, the pictures that I printed out (I know I am that organized) and he said to me:

Nah, I'm not feeling it, I am a wing guy not a fu fu guy lets cancel it for Kona

Are you kidding me? Do you know how hard it was to get this ressie? I begged, I pleaded, I groveled....well not really but you get the picture and finally he said to me " Nic, I dont like the menu so it is really a waste, I mean $10 for dessert? $13 for a salad? $41 for a steak??" so I caved, called the dining line, booked Kona and when the CM said are you sure you want to cancel Cali Grill? I whimpered "no I really dont but in a marriage you have to give a little" She said yeah I agree but not give Cali Grill!

So the line up for dinners are:

Boma - Never had dinner here but love breakfast so I hope it lives up to my expectations. I have a very early dinner planned so I can get to Epcot to see Jon Secada!

Jiko - Never been before but it is my b-day and that is where I want to spend it....plus if I get topsy turvey my beloved can carry me back to the room....ya right he would call bell services and have me hauled back! :rotfl:

Fultons Crab House - Never been before but the fried fishermans plate with fried lobster has DH drooling and the HUMONGOUS crab claws look too good to pass up

Kona - Ate here last Oct and loved it! DH needs his wings (grrrr) and I am going to try the Mahi Mahi...I think. Never had it before but it looks soooo good

Raglan Road - Never been here before, we were supposed to eat there in April but DH made me cancel it because he didnt like the menu. After showing him some recent reviews and pics it is now on for next week. Cannot wait to try that bread pudding!

Cape May Clambake - Love this place! Cannot wait to go back!

Tutto Italia - Tried it in April and we loved it so much DH said lets book it again for Oct. I did as he requested only for him to tell me a few months later, we ate there already lets go somewhere else so I booked Spoodles. WHen we did Spoodles in June he said lets go back to Tutto for Oct....now do you see why I am changing ressies so much? Its all him I swear!

Im in.......bring it on! popcorn::

Hi, thanks for joining in the fun!

Great choices!! Just try to fit WPE in :goodvibes.
I am so looking forward to your Sunrise Safari review. This might be something to do next summer. :thumbsup2

I really want to do WPE...depends on what time we drive up on Friday. I will take tons of pics on the Safari. DH said to me, this is vacation and you want me to be up, in the lobby at 6:30 am?! Duh yeah!

Nicki - I didn't know San Angel had a new menu, where can I find it? We just decided today to add a few days onto our vacation so I'm looking to fill a few spots!:goodvibes

I was reading someone's review a few weeks ago and they were kinds enough to take a pic of the lunch menu which is different from the one on allears and DIS....I will try and find it for you. I have always wanted to try it, the ambiance is so beautiful. I know it gets alot of bad reviews but I figure what the heck, as long as I have a cocktail no food is that bad right? :thumbsup2

Read your previous reviews/reports so looking forward the new ones. Happy Early Birthday. October is a great birthday month - mine is tomorrow. I celebrated my 40th at the world. Last year,we started going in Nov. instead of Oct - so no more celebrating in the world - at least in the near future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter