Live Action Snow White - too far a departure from the original?

Barbie had an absolutely huge target audience. You can’t underestimate the power of Barbie. Snow White does not even remotely have the target audience that Barbie had. Sure it is a Disney classic. But the character itself I wouldn’t call beloved. You are just not going to get that wide range of people that you could get for a Barbie movie. Or heck even for Beauty and the Beast. If you totally remake the character of snow White to be something that she wasn’t in the original (which I will freely admit was kind of a dummy) then I think you miss out on the nostalgic aspect. You are going to get kids to see the movie of course, but probably not younger teens, older teens and young adults (many of whom made Barbie a raving success). Unless it’s absolutely amazing and word of mouth is strong, I just think the audience won’t be there for this movie. And that probably wouldn‘t change much no matter who the actress playing snow White is or how they portray the 7 dwarves.

I agree, but Barbie surpassed its target audience. Snow White is my favorite disney princess but even Disney leaves her out of a lot of princess stuff they put out in the parks and stores which made the blow back even funnier because it was over a Princess nobody outside of the disney fan bubble gives 2 Fs about but I think we are saying the same thing

Last edited:
as i said. moves that are marketed properly and with the right amount of hype surrounding it. and also Barbie made way too much money for just women that played with Barbies growing up
I agree it was very well marked and of course males and females attended this movie, but make no bones about it the huge female audience drove its success. Merchandise sales have been huge for this IP, and who do you think is driving those sales?

I agree it was very well marked and of course males and females attended this movie, but make no bones about it the huge female audience drove its success. Merchandise sales have been huge for this IP, and who do you think is driving those sales?
i have a Kenough hoody.

Waiting patiently for a mermaid barbie Funko

I'm curious, if The Marvels was heavily marketed at females, then why was the audience 61% male?

Because comic book fans are overwhelmingly male, we have been over this. Almost every single super hero movie ever has skewed to more male movie goers.

Ever been to a comic shop? How many women did you see in there? Some but not the majority correct?

Because comic book fans are overwhelmingly male, we have been over this. Almost every single super hero movie ever has skewed to more male movie goers.

Ever been to a comic shop? How many women did you see in there? Some but not the majority correct?

But the first movie was only 55% male. Again, just curious.

Last edited:

You're not wrong but it also doesn't help that comic shops aren't exactly the most welcoming to women....

what it boils down to is. did you see the movie if you did did you like the movie. same will go for Snow White

how much it made what gender watched it IMO doesn't matter unless I'm Kevin Feige and Bob Iger

looking at the numbers it didn't appeal to most people unless they watched the streaming shows.
I guess that’s right. Heck I’ve been trying to figure out why I’m not interested in a movie I should be the target audience for. I’m a woman that loves marvel movies. I love superhero movies. I’ve seen almost every marvel movie at the theatre. But I won’t be seeing this one. I tried to watch Ms. marvel but found it uninteresting. I mean I’ll end up watching it on Disney + but still. Clearly something got lost in translation somewhere,

I guess that’s right. Heck I’ve been trying to figure out why I’m not interested in a movie I should be the target audience for. I’m a woman that loves marvel movies. I love superhero movies. I’ve seen almost every marvel movie at the theatre. But I won’t be seeing this one. I tried to watch Ms. marvel but found it uninteresting. I mean I’ll end up watching it on Disney + but still. Clearly something got lost in translation somewhere,
I think we have a year before the next MCU movie so you’ll totally have some time.

There is def a handful of scenes that should be watched on a big screen over a laptop

And it comes in at under 2 hours which hardly ever happens anymore

I think we have a year before the next MCU movie so you’ll totally have some time.

There is def a handful of scenes that should be watched on a big screen over a laptop

And it comes in at under 2 hours which hardly ever happens anymore

Yeah, a lot of movies are just too long these days. The Marvels was well-paced. Honestly, it really did everythig right (the film itself) so it's a shame that it is being overlooked.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter